The Cheltenham Festival 2014 Thread

AvfcRigo82

What the hell happened to Captain Conan was he asleep or something?

The horse than won it was exceptional though, don't think i've ever seen one that fast before

Edited by AshVilla

Better day yesterday. 

Faugheen @ 1pt win

O'Foalains boy @ 1pt win

Del' Arca @ 0.5pt e/w

Captain conana @ 1pt win

Balthazar King @ 1pt win

Makes up for Tuesday's disaster at least!

Bryan Cooper to miss the rest of Cheltenham with a broken leg! poor guy.

Any views on today CV ?

Not wishing to speak for him but this is from his site:

Thursday

JLT Novices Chase

Felix Yonger is a horse I've fancied for this for a long while, but the value isn't too great today. But I still think he'll win..

Pertemps Final

This is a very open race obviously and hard to find the winner. I've gone for outsider Pateese e/w and also Josies Orders

The Ryanair Chase

The top 3 in the market are short enough and I think giving Boston Bob a chance to redeem himself for his final flight fall in last years RSA could be worth it.

The World Hurdle

I think Big Bucks at odds of 4/1 is a worth taking, he may be past his best but at the prices it's worth betting he's still good enough to keep his unbeaten record in this race.

Byrne Group Plate

Third Intention is down to a nice h/c mark especially as his 3rd lto to O'Faoilains Boy loooks netter since that horse won the RSA. Giorgio Quercius is another who is well handicapped here too.

Kim Muir Challenge Cup

Balnaslow has some standout piece of form from his last start. I think he'll improve for this ground too so is worth backing here

General concensus seems to be that Bobs Worth is too good

I bet against him last year and put money on Sir Des Champs he was winning the whole way round then suddenly Bobs Worth came from nowhere up the hill and won by a mile

I will not make the same mistake again Bob can have my money this time

I've also heard good things about Next Sensation in the 5.15 but i think 24 horses are running so it would only be an e/w bet

Edited by AshVilla

1.30 Broughton

2.05 Dunraven Storm (also Mountbazon)

2.40 Briar Hill

3.20 Bobs Worth

4.00 Pearlysteps

4.40 Ruacana (also Junction Fourteen)

5.15 Raya Star

Won't get involved with Briar Hill and Bobs Worth but I can't really go against them either.

Definitely a bad day yesterday for sure and only 1 winner which was Taquain Du Seuil @ 1pt 9/1

Annie Power losing would have put a stop to a lot of peoples festivals yesterday me thinks and had to laugh at Ruby Walsh being interviewed afterwards by Mick Fitz acting stunned. I don't think he personally gave a shit that Annie Power lost if you ask me! lol

Definitely echo that about steering clear of Mullins/Nicholls chasers and also Ruby Walsh when he rides on the chase course too.

It is hard to fancy Bobs worth today due to the fact I don't think Geraghty has ridden a winner for NH all week and all of Hendersons big guns have looked shocking since Sprinter Pulled up back in Dec. Definitely a yard to avoid at the moment. It wouldn't surprise me to see McCoy pop up and win on Triolo D'Alene if a Henderson horse was to win!

My selections for today are:

1.30 - Guitar Pete 1pt win @ 8/1

2.05 - Anay Turge 0.5pt e/w @ 66/1

2.40 - Briar Hill 2pt win @ 6/4

3.20 - The Giant Bolster 1pt win @ 16/1  &   Teaforthree 0.5pt e/w @ 50/1

Sod the 4.00, 4.40 & 5.15 - IMO are just shut your eyes and put a dot on anything type of races!

Good luck on the 4th and final day folks!

General concensus seems to be that Bobs Worth is too good

I bet against him last year and put money on Sir Des Champs he was winning the whole way round then suddenly Bobs Worth came from nowhere up the hill and won by a mile

I will not make the same mistake again Bob can have my money this time

I've also heard good things about Next Sensation in the 5.15 but i think 24 horses are running so it would only be an e/w bet

Silviniaco Conti is better than good enough. Would have been much closer lasteyar, had he not fallen. He wins easy today IMO, 5+ lengths.

Pretty much had a disaster myself.  Faugheen was my only winner and had two e/w bets that came in as well. Am giving up today after Royal Irish Hussar flopped. Seems Hendersons horses are way off form.

Â