The Cheltenham Festival 2014 Thread

AvfcRigo82

Cheers CV!

It will be interesting to see how the Fly compares with the up and coming hurdlers. Looks a cracking field.

Agree with your view on the Champion Chase - a poor renewal. 

Am I getting this right??? If I put on a 4 fold for 4 races with all 4 horses at each way the odds I am being given are if all of them win. Any finishing within the each way bet other than win will dilute the odds.

Am I getting this right??? If I put on a 4 fold for 4 races with all 4 horses at each way the odds I am being given are if all of them win. Any finishing within the each way bet other than win will dilute the odds.

If you do an each way fourfold then you have placed two bets: a win fourfold and a place fourfold (unless you make it equally divided when the return gets calculated after each leg and then is placed as an e/w bet on the next leg).

So, assuming it's not equally divided, any one of the four not winning (and assuming all four are placed) will mean that you only get the place part of the e/w bet and each horse's odds will be at 1/4 or 1/5 the odds for winning (most places should be doing 1/4 for every Cheltenham race).

i'd wait for the morning of each day to place bets. You'll get the best value.

all the bets I put up on my site are worth taking now. It's non runner no bet so if they don't run you get your stake back

I've added a couple today

http://www.jumpsadvisor.com/cheltenham-thoughts.html

You can also follow me on Twitter @cvbyrne

On Day 1 only 3 races would be big stand outs for betting.

The 3rd race Ackertac looks a good e/w with a bookie paying 5 places. Should get 33/1 tomorrow morning.

Baby Mix is a good e/w for the last race tomorrow. Attaglance in that race too.

Then hurricane Fly in Champion Hurdle

My selections (for the little it's worth!) for tomorrow:

1.30 Gilgamboa
2.05 Valdez
2.40 Fruity O’Rooney (Also - The Package)
3.20 Hurricane Fly
4.00 Quevega
4.40 Shutthefrontdoor
5.15 Buthelezi - can't get away from the fact that O'Regan rides this instead of Attaglance. (Also - Art of Logistics).

Edited by snowychap

Supreme Novices Hurdle –  (Paddy Power offer refund losing bet if horse ends 2nd, 3rd or 4th) - 2pts Vautour @ 3/1, 1pt Josses Hill @ 12/1 

• 1st (15) Vautour 7/2J
  • 2nd (6) Josses Hill 14/1
  • 3rd (14) Vaniteux 11/1

nice start CV !!

I was on Vautour as well, had to be backed with the offer Paddy Power had. Good start for the irish and the next could make it even better. No bet for me though, I won't be opposing Champagne Fever. Probably no more bets today at all looking at the card. I don't know enough to find the value.

Edited by villa89

Western Warhorse. :o

Pointed out by CVB in the beat the bookmaker thread in November over hurdles (came 6th) and it was withdrawn the following month after dumping his jockey before the race when I had my money on him.

Edited by snowychap

Â