An Aston Villa Dream (art project)

mrwalks12

Hello I am an artist from Stockport,a County fan,i would like to join your forum to show your members the latest project that I am working on which is a collection of paintings depicting club legends old and new outside the famous old grounds around England,the next one being Villa,I have attached video showing the last part of my County painting,there were 4 all together and the pic was painted with the input from County fans on their forum.I would like to post the first part of my villa painting and then take suggestions from your members as to who they would like to see on it and we could create a truly unique piece together,thanks, David  

• Like 1

Hi Dave - All very exciting stuff. The congruence of your terrific art work is very reminiscent of watching Tony Hart on the legendary Vision On but now I'm giving my age away aren't I?.

As for Villa legends, where do you start?

I would strongly suggest that no Aston Villa painting of your intention would be complete without Ooh Aah Paul McGrath or a picture of Dennis Mortimer triumphantly raising the European Cup aloft & also Johnny Dixon with the FA Cup at Wembley in 1957. Similarly the depiction of famous Villa chairman William McGregor the Founder of the Football league should also be incorporated too along with Ron Saunders our greatest Manager of all time.

There are loads more besides these but I will afford other fans on this site the courtesy & opportunity to expand on this.

Anyway, whatever you decide please do not incorporate a picture of bloody Doug Ellis into your painting as it will ruin the piece completely & would totally contradict the meaning of the word Villa Legends.

If you do decide to use Ellis at any point in a  separate painting, you can give it the title: " Villa Bell Ends."

Good Luck with this project & pm me when you have completed it as I will genuinely be interested in purchasing the work to stand proudly alongside numerous other Villa paintings that I already own.

As for the Ellis painting? Well that would make a great dart board :P

Good Luck to Stockport County too & hopefully we can avoid you in the draw so that you wont knock us out of next years FA Cup at Villa Park either ;)

Edited by villa-revolution
  • Like 1

In my opinion Gabby definitely needs to be on there. As he is a recent legend for us. 

Of course no painting would be complete without the image of Peter Withe scoring our famous European Cup winning goal. and the famous quote that goes alongside it. 

Hi Dave - All very exciting stuff. The congruence of your terrific art work is very reminiscent of watching Tony Hart on the legendary Vision On but now I'm giving my age away aren't I?.

As for Villa legends, where do you start?

I would strongly suggest that no Aston Villa painting of your intention would be complete without Ooh Aah Paul McGrath or a picture of Dennis Mortimer triumphantly raising the European Cup aloft & also Johnny Dixon with the FA Cup at Wembley in 1957. Similarly the depiction of famous Villa chairman William McGregor the Founder of the Football league should also be incorporated too along with Ron Saunders our greatest Manager of all time.

There are loads more besides these but I will afford other fans on this site the courtesy & opportunity to expand on this.

Anyway, whatever you decide please do not incorporate a picture of bloody Doug Ellis into your painting as it will ruin the piece completely & would totally contradict the meaning of the word Villa Legends.

If you do decide to use Ellis at any point in a  separate painting, you can give it the title: " Villa Bell Ends."

Good Luck with this project & pm me when you have completed it as I will genuinely be interested in purchasing the work to stand proudly alongside numerous other Villa paintings that I already own.

As for the Ellis painting? Well that would make a great dart board :P

Good Luck to Stockport County too & hopefully we can avoid you in the draw so that you wont knock us out of next years FA Cup at Villa Park either ;)

thx for that villa revolution,i will have the first vid ready tonight,which board can it be posted on?

Nice work :)

Gareth Barry another recent one worth added imo.

Other recent ones (I not too good with before the 90's as I wasn't even born!): Lee Hendrie, JP Angel, Dwight Yorke, Olof Mellburg, Gareth Southgate... list goes on!

Â