Playoffs: Divisional weekend. 4 animals bolts through the popes silly hat......in a gay city

Tegis

I'd imagine New England will probably be favourites next week.

Actually. Just checked and Denver are currently 6pt favourites.

Yep, no way the #1 seed at home would be underdogs.

Should be an absolute classic. Can't wait. 3PM kickoff, too, which allows me to watch the 1st half at home, then drive to work during halftime, and watch the second half in a packed bar full of Patriot fans.

Another big game for Blount, and we have a shot at this!

Seahawks

Patriot Scum

49'ers

Broncos

Weekend went as expected. They were all pretty disappointing games though. None of them were really close and I think the winners in each game were on top at half time. Suppose it couldn't live up to last weeks highs.

Seahawk for a month. Classy team in every way. Nothing better to watch than a dominating defense!

interesting you say that  .. obviously i watched them for the first time on Sat and I was going to post and ask if they were the NFL equivalent of Wimbledon in the 80's  .. a sort of anti- football

( I held off as I didn't wish to appear to be a sore loser :) )

I don't watch a huge amount of football and I guess you could argue that it is ALL about the defence in this game , but the crowd making a noise to help pull in false starts etc it's sorta another spoiling tactic hence the Wimbledon analogy  ... FWIW ,  I think Denver also have an unfair advantage at home with the altitude , as do the Saints by being inside a dome and different conditions for throwing the ball

I'm probably being harsh on them but I hope people get what I'm trying to say  ...

Nah, can't compare it like that. Offence and Defence in handegg are two different teams as opposed to football. And in Seattles case, it's a very exciting (and yappy :) ) defence. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Dirty hits is something to moan about though but I cant recall any specific team employing that this year on a broad scale.

• Like 1

Basically what Tegis said, it's not like European football where being defensive is a system of the overall team as in American football the offense and defense basically have nothing to do with each other.

I do personally find more run-heavy teams less exciting to watch than pass-heavy teams. To me a dominant running game is more alike a long ball team in football, where it's more about brute force and physicality in comparison to the more intricate design and finesse of a passing game. In terms of offense, give me the Saints or Broncos over the Seahawks or Patriots any day, they're just more exciting IMO, but a great defense is a brilliant thing to watch and in my (relatively short) time as an NFL fan I don't know if there's a better one than the 2013 Seahawks.

• Like 2

Denver Broncos fan beaten at Chargers rally

GRAPHIC VIDEO: Denver Broncos fan beaten at Chargers rally

SAN DIEGO — Several disturbing videos surfaced Sunday night that seem to depict a Denver Broncos fan being beaten by multiple San Diego Chargers fans during an event outside San Diego.

The videos, posted to YouTube and initially reported by Deadspin, were reportedly shot at a Chargers rally in National City, Calif. Amid a rowdy crowd, a man in a Peyton Manning jersey is taken to the ground and pummeled by as many as three attackers who seem to be Chargers fans.

Police officers eventually descend on the crowd to break up the melee. Several people were arrested, according to local media.

Full details of the incident were not yet available, and it was not clear if the fight was consensual or an unprovoked attack. In one video, the victim appears to enter the fight willingly. In another, it is less clear.

#Broncos fan came in like he owned the place and #Chargers fans didn’t like that.

— Chris Biele (@Chris_Biele) January 13, 2014

Silly boy shouldn't have been there. You don't prance into an environment like that and give it the big one. Doesn't condone what happened to him but he certainly should have exptected it.

It's just so fun to watch our guys bouncing around on D. 3 all-pro DB's make the pass D absolutely insane and the depth we have in the front 7 is staggering.

On the line, we can take off Mebane and big Red (who are starters) and bring in Bennett and Avril (2nd string) who are sack leaders for the team. Then in the linebackers, we lose KJ and there's no drop off with Smith. Just insane drafting and FA pick-ups by our FO.

The problem is paying them in a few years time.

The only thing Seattle need to be careful with is; like last week; their offence has it in their locker to sometimes fail to turn up. There's also the intangible mental effects of being this far into the post-season and the pressure it brings. Something that the 49ers have more experience with. Seattle should win the game and win it easily and I hope they do. But they need to be professional and ruthless because the 9ers are no mugs and they have the smarts and if it's not a straight-forward day for Wilson, we don't yet know how they'll react to adversity. Should be fascinating.

The only thing Seattle need to be careful with is; like last week; their offence has it in their locker to sometimes fail to turn up. There's also the intangible mental effects of being this far into the post-season and the pressure it brings. Something that the 49ers have more experience with. Seattle should win the game and win it easily and I hope they do. But they need to be professional and ruthless because the 9ers are no mugs and they have the smarts and if it's not a straight-forward day for Wilson, we don't yet know how they'll react to adversity. Should be fascinating.

Sometimes?

The issue is, Wilson doesn't take risks. And when we're winning (which is fairly often because of the D) he doesn't need to. He occasionally does (see: Jags, Cards @ Cards, NO) but most of the time he doesn't. Therefore, we stutter more often than not. 

When he needs to throw, and throw well he puts the team on his back.

That's interesting. I wonder if the psychology and pressure of being in the Championship game will affect his 'risk taking' in any way, shape or form. Which is why I mentioned if the game isn't straight forward i.e. maybe coming from behind.

Â