Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

If Lambert is so fond of target men then why did he go for Helenius? He may be tall but he's not a target man.

Well, he won't play him unless forced so maybe he is a target man 'work in progress'. 

In your view what is he then? Genuine question.

And how do you know that? Why would Lambert buy somebody that isn't a target man in order to turn him into one? There are plenty out there.

He's good with the ball at his feet. Got good technique but not as strong as you might think. That's not even my view - that's the kind of player he is. His height is virtually irrelevant to that.

Ok, fair enough. I'll rephrase that....

Helenius can describe himself as the next Iniesta or Tony Morley, doesn't mean it's gonna happen. Look, let's be honest, we all know where players this tall end up playing in this league. He's no number 10.

I think that, whether Lambert stays or is replaced, our squad consists mostly of "spackle".  I don't think too many of them want jetting out, but that they should be second choice to the quality we bring in.

Manchester United have some spackle too.  Cleverley, Welbeck, Jones, Smalling, Evans.  Players who are ideal as back up.  Cleverley in amongst a full strength United team would be fine.  A team that is more spackle than quality, like United now and especially us, is doomed to failure.

We need a quality first team where the lads we have now would sub in for injuries rather than being first choice.

I think this is the next part of Lambert's plan.

Really? I'll tell you what worries me about the last 8 months or so, is Lambert's taste for a 9'11" front man. Granted, there are times when you should mix it up and also I think tekkers turned out to be better on the deck than he first anticipated. But it all points to a particular style of play.

Direct and counter attacking? I have no problem with us being able to counter or going direct to a target man.

Me neither.... that wasn't my point.

If I was the manager today witnessing the pitiful attempt by Lowton to stop their attacker....I would have resorted to the infamous words of wisdom resorted to by John Gregory when hearing the Decision of Dwight Yorke's intention to leave the club.

metaphorically speaking of course.

• Like 1

He failed at doing this in the summer.

He was still in the process of building a low cost squad and reducing the wage bill last summer. In future windows, Lambert should have more money to spend on one or two established players. IMO it would make a huge difference.

He was still in the process of building a low cost squad and reducing the wage bill last summer. In future windows, Lambert should have more money to spend on one or two established players. IMO it would make a huge difference.

Well he can't buy much worse than he has already so its something we need to see from him.

• Like 1

Can buy better for that money. Im convinced and in some cases know this.

I don't know how easy or difficult it is to find these gems, so I'm not going to be too critical.

However that does not mean it is a get out of jail comment.

as one example there is a player Danny Ings at Burnley, 21 and scored 19 goals to date, but much more importantly has the ability to use his feet, not rely on others has the foot work of his own.

Now that would be my idea of what  " young and Hungry" is.

Andy Gray at 19 that was "young and hungry"

.....no doubt there will be a plethora of reasons/excuses why these " young and Hungry" types that we are persuing can't have a tad of ability to go with it.

so what would my criteria be if i was scouting?.....if they ain't got good feet or ability to find space unprompted forget them.

Edited by TRO

It is Lambert's judgement call.

If I was the manager today witnessing the pitiful attempt by Lowton to stop their attacker....I would have resorted to the infamous words of wisdom resorted to by John Gregory when hearing the Decision of Dwight Yorke's intention to leave the club.

metaphorically speaking of course.

Agree, also thought Westwood was nearly as bad for that goal as well

In hindsight he probably could. But spending small amounts on a player it is always a massive gamble. Most will turn out to be poor. Edited by HeyAnty

I have not posted before. I am a Villa fan since my first game in 1966. I have seen Villa relegatedto the 2nd div then the 3rd div,I have seen them promoted to the 2nd then 1st div win the league cups and of course the 1st division and european cup.During all of this the fan was the most important part of the club,sadly this is is not true any more.We all remember those great cup replay nights,well they are not important any more.the current managers job is to keep us in gravytrain that is the Premiership no less no more.Winning anything is not important,just staying where the money is and also achieving this by spending virtually no money whilst reducing the wages spend.If the current manager or any other manager could achieve sucess and good football under thes restrictions i doubt very much,Ireckon we should be looking at the owners motives before blaming the staff,i love this club they are a massive part of my life I also love the FA cup but dont blame Lambert hes got nowhere to go under this regime rant over

Lambert wasn't forced to take the job. He had a perfectly comfy one in East Anglia.

There could be many scenarios to this:

1) he believed the youngsters he inherited were better than they are.

2) Lambert believed his own hype too much and has to adapt.

3) Lambert is the real deal and the plan is well on course (providing we don't go down). This is my fervent hope.

and 

4) He's crap, 1 dimensional and stuck in the dark ages. (unpalatable I know) but some on here just stick their fingers in their ears and won't entertain this as a valid option.

• Like 1

Here is the problem, it is ok building a team on the cheap - and a decent/refreshing idea - but if it fails, you are ****. You are left with a group of players who are below average.

It is also ok doing this in league 2/1, you build slowly and get better as you go along, but doing this in the top league is suicide, it is a massive chance that means 90% of the buys have to come off, if it was that easy, Man City wouldn't have spent £20 on Rodwell, or £15m on SInclar, they would just buy from the lower leagues.

We have been short changed, we gave the plan a chance because we were fair, but on reflection there are reasons why it has never been tried before.

It took a cost cutter like Lerner to think it could, when FOOTBALL MEN knew it wouldn't.

From the boards point of view the plan may well be working.

If we survive in the Prem we will have one of the lowest wage bills. Mission accomplished!

Has made the club into a laughing stock. Just watching the egg McDermott at Leeds in his post match interview, least he is honest, PL is just full of shite, no regrets we are out at all.

1) Show us all where Lambert says he has no regrets.

2) Re. Laughing stock.  By this time next week everyone will have forgotten about the Third Round of this year's FA Cup.  This type of result happens, move on

when you say happens... and type..... type being humiliating home defeat then

humiliating results at home: happen almost every other week when we play at home

if you mean humiliating result in the cup then twice a season

Losing to Bradford, a then League Two side, over two legs then a struggling League One side who have only won once on their travels this year, think its shows we are a laughing stock. Next two games Arsenal and Liverpool, don't think we can move on, 0 points and two expected heavy defeats for me.

Lambert wasn't forced to take the job. He had a perfectly comfy one in East Anglia.

3) Lambert is the real deal and the plan is well on course (providing we don't go down). This is my fervent hope.

and 

4) He's crap, 1 dimensional and stuck in the dark ages. (unpalatable I know) but some on here just stick their fingers in their ears and won't entertain this as a valid option.

Option 3  ;)

and 

Option 3  ;)

Like you I hope so. I agree there has to be time. twelve more months for me.