Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

i still dont get it, we're sitting in 11th and struggling to stay there, we arent trying in the cups anymore

so tell me what the **** point of complying with this FFP bullshit is? we arent qualifying for europe anytime soon, spend some money FFS get us top half, we'll have cleared out bent / given / nzogbia / hutton freeing up some more cash and then we can push from there, this scraping by flirting with relegation until we get rid of them and then investing is a complete waste of time

Because we are in a situation where the owner wants to recoup as much as possible before selling, his mistakes have become a burden, but his reward will be a healthy profit, as for the team? We won't compete for years now.

He will never get a profit. I suspect that if he could get his loss below £50m then he would probably cut and run.

But to do that he needs to find the next Carson Yeung

Or another slant I keep wondering about is, Lambert isn't especially bothered about the team playing poorly because he's then got more bargaining power with Lerner. Lerner's far more likely to authorise higher wages and release more funds for transfers when looking down the barrel of a gun.

Sadly I don't think Lerner cares.....he didn't release funds last year when our situation was more precarious so I doubt he will now even though some of the bomb squads wages are being partly subsidised elsewhere.

i still dont get it, we're sitting in 11th and struggling to stay there, we arent trying in the cups anymore

so tell me what the **** point of complying with this FFP bullshit is? we arent qualifying for europe anytime soon, spend some money FFS get us top half, we'll have cleared out bent / given / nzogbia / hutton freeing up some more cash and then we can push from there, this scraping by flirting with relegation until we get rid of them and then investing is a complete waste of time

Because we are in a situation where the owner wants to recoup as much as possible before selling, his mistakes have become a burden, but his reward will be a healthy profit, as for the team? We won't compete for years now.
He will never get a profit. I suspect that if he could get his loss below £50m then he would probably cut and run.

I feel your pain, I too question Lerner's judgement, so can see why you might feel he would **** up his next decision too - a new owner.

The home form is beyond a joke we have almost won more away games than we have home games since MON left, 6th in the away table vs 19th in the home table, We have the best away record against teams in the top half.

Just 5 defeats in the last 19 away games, why cannot we do that away, Last 19 away games - 28 points, Last 19 home games - 18 points. It is the same players and manager

I feel your pain, I too question Lerner's judgement, so can see why you might feel he would **** up his next decision too - a new owner.

He won't have much choice, as I can't imagine that there will be a long queue.

His worst decision was buying the club in the first place. Give me Abramovic riches tomorrow and I wouldn't touch the Villa eith a bargepole.

The home form is beyond a joke we have almost won more away games than we have home games since MON left, 6th in the away table vs 19th in the home table, We have the best away record against teams in the top half.

Just 5 defeats in the last 19 away games, why cannot we do that away, Last 19 away games - 28 points, Last 19 home games - 18 points. It is the same players and manager

Because we can only play one way, which is effective away from home as we can hit teams with our pace and counter game when the emphasis on them to attack. At home we simply don't have the tactical nous or quality to adapt to a different style. At home, at this level you really need to keep hold of the ball and dictate the tempo and break down the opposition, we are so far from being able to do that, it's almost funny. As for losing a home game against Sheffield United, I can't answer that one. 

Edited by nobler

His worst decision was buying the club in the first place. Give me Abramovic riches tomorrow and I wouldn't touch the Villa eith a bargepole.

I would, but I would make sure there are football people below me to make the decisions and that any plan that I set out, has a fall back, and that any manager I appoint is part of that plan.

And Boohoo for Lerner, awful judgement a lot it seems.

@Imarsha_926

It's down to tactics. Lambert hasn't got a clue how to break down a team that sits back, and parks the bus, He talks about the lack of creativity in the teams, and sadly it's starts inside his head.

Lambert hasn't got the PLAYERS to break down a team that sits back. If we have the same problem next season then it is a serious issue. Right now Lambert deserves the time to try to correct this.

The media have done a number on Lambert.

It seems to me so far:

Mark Regan has an interview with Lambert. Asks leading questions about the importance of the FA cup

Lambert had just had his 2nd choice CF who was hitting form out for the season with a broken leg. Feels a bit down and lets his guard drop. Gives honest answer.

Media jump on honest answer and sensationalise it.

AVFC go into damage limitation mode, Brian Doogan rings Mark Regan and has a massive go.

Mark Regan is then very pissed off with AVFC so then decides to keep banging on about it to stick the knife in.

• Like 2

I would, but I would make sure there are football people below me to make the decisions and that any plan that I set out, has a fall back, and that any manager I appoint is part of that plan.

Ah, those mythical 'football people' .

What is a 'football person'?

Not Martin O'Neill, clearly.

Ah, those mythical 'football people' .

What is a 'football person'?

Not Martin O'Neill, clearly.

Apparently the people Lerner cleared out were well respected in the game.

@Imarsha_926

It's down to tactics. Lambert hasn't got a clue how to break down a team that sits back, and parks the bus, He talks about the lack of creativity in the teams, and sadly it's starts inside his head.

Lambert hasn't got the PLAYERS to break down a team that sits back. If we have the same problem next season then it is a serious issue. Right now Lambert deserves the time to try to correct this.

He isn't going to when he doesn't bother to sign any.

The media have done a number on Lambert.

It seems to me so far:

Mark Regan has an interview with Lambert. Asks leading questions about the importance of the FA cup

Lambert had just had his 2nd choice CF who was hitting form out for the season with a broken leg. Feels a bit down and lets his guard drop. Gives honest answer.

Media jump on honest answer and sensationalise it.

AVFC go into damage limitation mode, Brian Doogan rings Mark Regan and has a massive go.

Mark Regan is then very pissed off with AVFC so then decides to keep banging on about it to stick the knife in.

The majority of the sports broadcasters at that station are anti Villa. Their opinions are worthless.

Edited by Robbie09