Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

I personally would probably still give Bacuna a breather for United. Am I correct in thinking that he has played every minute since Norwich?

As SIT says, Sylla will most likely start. It would be great if he was actually played in the DM role for this one but no doubt it will be Westwood again which will mean that Rooney has free-reign through the middle...

Good shout Isa.  It's certainly a convenient time to try it without someone unduly losing their place.  I also think it's high time Lowton got his spot back in defence.  Especially with Vlaar out, we need a more natural RB.  I sometimes worry about Sylla's casual approach.  He still sometimes thinks he has more time on the ball or more time to get to the ball than he does.  Against United that could be disastrous.

He's casual due to being told to play as an RCM and a CM. If we was a DM he'd be much better, win it and pass it on. He shouldn't be even be trying to link up play.

• Like 1

He's casual due to being told to play as an RCM and a CM. If we was a DM he'd be much better, win it and pass it on. He shouldn't be even be trying to link up play.

No I've seen him as a DM and it seems to be his style. He's quite casual for me at times and it can be frustrating because we know he's not particularly lacking in speed.

Am I correct in thinking that he has played every minute since Norwich?

Yes, including Norwich.  11 league games.

I thought so. Could do with a rest regardless of how we he is playing then.

Another link to Locadia by Moxley in the DM this time. A bit more substance though:

Locadia's agent, Alex Kroes, has been spotted at Villa's Bodymoor Heath training ground during the past week.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2522014/Paul-Lambert-ready-raid-Dutch-market-Christian-Bentekes-lured-Aston-Villa.html

Edited by Isa

Another link to Locadia by Moxley in the DM this time. A bit more substance though:

Locadia's agent, Alex Kroes, has been spotted at Villa's Bodymoor Heath training ground during the past week.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2522014/Paul-Lambert-ready-raid-Dutch-market-Christian-Bentekes-lured-Aston-Villa.html

Also says it's the same agent as Helenius...I can't believe if he's got any money he'd choose to purchase yet another striker in front of a central defender or midfielder. He's an intelligent man.

Big no for Locadia. I am a PSV fan and he barely makes it in to the squad. He is young yes, but will never be a premiership player. Depay on the other hand is way better and technically gifted that Locadia. Locadia as a Benteke replacement is hiralious.. he will never cut it here and not in the top of the Eredisie. Depay is set for great things. 

Also says it's the same agent as Helenius...I can't believe if he's got any money he'd choose to purchase yet another striker in front of a central defender or midfielder. He's an intelligent man.

F**kin Daily Mail.....so a Villa players agent was spotted at Villas training ground. Total non-story.

All the same if Lambert and his scouts spotted a potentially great striker I’m sure they’d try to sign him regardless of how many we have. It would be worse to let him slip through the net.

I thought Mads Bach Lund was Helenius' agent, although they seem to work for the same group, SEG.

Some other players that SEG also represent are Alfred Finnbogason, Stefan de Vrij, Memphis Depay (mentioned above) and Van Persie...

Edited by packoman

Big no for Locadia. I am a PSV fan and he barely makes it in to the squad. He is young yes, but will never be a premiership player. Depay on the other hand is way better and technically gifted that Locadia. Locadia as a Benteke replacement is hiralious.. he will never cut it here and not in the top of the Eredisie. Depay is set for great things. 

Thanks Sempiternal - was wondering when you were going to weigh into the Locadia debate. Always interesting to get a local fans perspective

Obviously I don't watch as much of PSV as you but I think it is a bit harsh to say he won't ever become an Premier League player. From the limited times I've seen him, I do think he has the raw attributes to at the very least be able to cope with the physicality of this league and he displays some nice link-up play at times. I would worry that throwing him straight away as Benteke's direct replacement would be a bit much at this stage though. As you say, he needs to nail down a place in the PSV team.

I agree also about Depay. Brilliant talent.

Quincy Promes of Twente looks really good. Only 21 years old

heres a bit about him

''It's been a remarkable start to life as a fully fledged member of a top-flight side for Quincy Promes. This time last year he was out on loan at Go Ahead Eagles (where he formed a productive tandem with Antonia) in the second tier of Dutch football. The 21-year-old winger, who began his youth career at Ajax, wasted no time while he was away from FC Twente. His impressive performances saw him score 13 goals in 32 games and won him the Eerste Divisie's player of the year award. 

This season was always going to be make or break. To say Promes has seized his opportunity with both hands is an understatement. "He's made an immediate impression," manager Michel Jansen recently told Voetbal International. He's added dynamism, ghosting past opposition defenders like they're not there and doesn't waste possession, making him a genuine threat from wide. Promes has been Twente's outstanding player to date and that's saying something with Dušan Tadić around. The duo plus Luc Castaignos are responsible for 22 of Twente's 35 goals – Promes and Castaignos are joint top goal scorers (8) – and no team has outscored the side from Enschede.

"Creative and technical, the type of player you come to watch," Jansen added. Promes’ return of 4 assists is only bettered by Tadić (7) at Twente, who remains their fulcrum, and is unsurprisingly their most creative player with 60 key passes, though Promes is getting better with each passing game, and is second with 39. No one else at the club has managed to create more than 20 chances. Promes’ work ethic has resonated; striving to be even better, he is someone "who lives to play football" as Jansen put it. His development is a pleasure to watch."

Edited by Villan4Life

No more fecking strikers please.

I think we'd only be going for Locadia if Benteke is off though.

Cannot imagine where Benteke might be going on current form.

He was that good last season that I'm sure there are quite a few clubs that may be overlooking his current form I guess. The basic argument that he would excel in a better team probably rings true also.

Â