Spanish League suspended

KHV

Spanish football federation suspends all end-of-season games in disputes with government including TV rights

breaking news.......

rightfully so, the money Barca and Real make is criminal compared to the other teams. 

It was actually a footballing miracle that Atletico won league last season

rightfully so, the money Barca and Real make is criminal compared to the other teams. 

It was actually a footballing miracle that Atletico won league last season

I wonder how Barca and Real would cope without their exclusive tv deals??

So Spanish FF want Barcelona and Real to keep their share of the TV money, and the government want a more level playing field. Is that it?

So Spanish FF want Barcelona and Real to keep their share of the TV money, and the government want a more level playing field. Is that it?

Yes

I think they want it so that barca and real still get the figures they already get so that they can keep their spending power and global position, but they also want everyone dragged up with them to end the disparity

The money simply isn't there, the tv deal is worth £1.5bn I think

Dont fifa have the power to ban clubs from European competitions through government interference or does that only work with national teams?

This has been brewing for a while now, graham hunter was on talksport months ago saying how (I think it was deportivo) couldn't afford the players wages which came to about €1million for the month for the whole team, when Barcelona and real have half a dozen players apiece taking that home each.

Edited by Jimzk5

I'm sure they said on revista last year that bankruptcy was automatic relegation so they are all desperate not to do it but there are about 12 clubs in the league constantly on the brink of it and if 1 went they'd all follow

the spanish football is disastrously run from ground up. Eibar were nearly denied promotion because they were actually in profit. When you have big teams like Valencia and Atletico having to sell their best players every season then you know the league is in trouble

They still playing this weekend again?

I imagine this will get resolved in the next week otherwise it's not a proper title race as if the season runs into June then Barca lose Messi, Mascherano and Neymar for Copa America.

the spanish football is disastrously run from ground up. Eibar were nearly denied promotion because they were actually in profit. When you have big teams like Valencia and Atletico having to sell their best players every season then you know the league is in trouble

Very much so.

Also the problem doesn't stop there if (and a big if) it does become equal the amount of corruption will rise significantly; many of the people currently on the board at these clubs are either involved in corruption or played a part in it.

Racing Santander, Elche etc are all at the heart of this. Previously Del Nido at Sevilla.

There is no question it will benefit the league immensely and I think it's something that is long overdue but this is a start to a long process that hasn't even scratched the surface of problems in Spanish football.

the spanish football is disastrously run from ground up. Eibar were nearly denied promotion because they were actually in profitt....

Eibar were told they had to convert from a members club to a limited company with a minimum 2m of capital. That rule has been in place for many years in Spain and was meant to ensure clubs don't get into financial difficulty. Like all government interventions it was an epic fail and purely arbitrary, however they knew they had to do it as several clubs have been demoted from 2A because of it. The rule is daft but I had absolutely no sympathy with Eibar, they and others should have sought to change that law before the event.

With regards to the finances of teams which had been parlous, the form of FFP now in operation in Spain has been working pretty well. Only Elche are in serious danger of demotion for unpaid debts (you are not allowed now to owe money to the tax office) and even that looks like being avoided. The Spanish League actually control player registrations and tell the clubs prior to the season the total value of player contracts they may register. Once that limit is reached; no more registrations.

To me the strike is about politics, the clubs welcomed the deal struck by the League and the Government, this is Spanish F.A. whining about not being consulted enough and being able to flex its muscle, while the Players Union support it as well for reasons it won't be too hard to guess at.

...many of the people currently on the board at these clubs are either involved in corruption or played a part in it.

....Elche

Care to elaborate?

Sorry not Elche (though whilst not corruption they have players and staff who haven't been paid for a while which is desperate and highlights the state of the league). Zaragoza springs to mind in the most recent case with Gabi even openly admitting to corruption/match fixing.

They still playing this weekend again?

I imagine this will get resolved in the next week otherwise it's not a proper title race as if the season runs into June then Barca lose Messi, Mascherano and Neymar for Copa America.

Can Suarez play?

FC Barcelona player Luis Suarez made a young cancer patient's day when he called him out of the blue.

Mateo, who is receiving treatment in Suarez's native country Uruguay, thought he was speaking to a doctor in Spain.

Tears welled in his eyes when he realised it was Suarez speaking to him on a video call.

The young patient was diagnosed with cancer two years ago and went to the Perez Scremini Foundation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-32623525

Not such a nasty person afterall!

Â