Peaky Blinders

AndyBM

Can't wait for this to be back. Cillian Murphy is superb. I think the writers (or whoever) have been very clever by using modern music over the story. It really works well. 

15 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah, love this show. Thought I wouldn't originally, but totally love it at this point, and don't care about accents. 

At the end of the day it's just damn good drama with a bit of hairy violence thrown in for good measure the likes of which we seem to have lost the knack of making these days. "Talent" shows are easier and cheaper to make

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Ryan. said:

I think it's going to get tasty with the Russians.

Spoiler

Yeah it's pretty much nailed on that Arthur killing the Russian guy is going to turn out to be a huge mistake.

• 2 weeks later...

Caught up with this series, enjoying it, like how they've kind of avoided the big easy American storyline but at the same time kept it bubbling rather than ignoring it entirely, think eventually 1 or 2 series time depending on how far they take it it's got s sense of inevitability that they'll develop a big prohibition story arc

The Russian bit I'm enjoying, my missus doesn't have a clue what's going on between the Reds and whites etc but again at the moment to me it seems almost plausible, they're doing what they did in series 1 just replaced the ira with ruskies

Also think the big moment was the right one going forward, think that story arc would have been boring and some thing done before

Spoiler -

In the last episode, when Arthur announces he's going to be a dad (which I doubt, she's bluffing him) and Tommy just looks at him and says "goodbye Arthur" what a brilliantly delivered line that was, so loaded

I'd consider myself a reasonably intelligent person, but even I feel like I need to go back and watch them again to keep up.

Spoiler

So Tommy is dealing with the Russians on behalf of Churchill? Who the **** is the Vicar? And who was the seeming non Russian man that shot Grace?

Â