Libor Kozák

samjp26

Some very similar things being said here to what was said this time last year in another new strikers thread. Have we not learned about patience yet?

Edited by P3te

I saw this and couldn't help myself. No, this is not referring to Kozak, but the other £7million striker. :) —I was looking through the first impressions of Benteke. This was 2 games in I think. 

He just doesn't look like a player to me. 7m wasted!

Edited by praisedmambo
  • Like 2

He looks like a striker bereft of service from to me. Which is exactly what Bent was once we sold Young & Downing

I'm still puzzled why we loaned one out, and then spent 7m bringing another one in when we were (and still are) crying out for some creativity through the middle

He looks like a striker bereft of service from to me. Which is exactly what Bent was once we sold Young & Downing

I'm still puzzled why we loaned one out, and then spent 7m bringing another one in when we were (and still are) crying out for some creativity through the middle

Firstly, there was the question of whether it could be justified to keep a player like Bent on the bench, given his wages and also his own personal ambitions.

Secondly, it is clear that there was conflict between PL & DB, maybe to the point that a working relationship could not be maintained or maybe because part of PL's remit was to get rid of Bent due to his high wages. We will never know.

Finally, Kozac was signed for £4.5 million.

Firstly, there was the question of whether it could be justified to keep a player like Bent on the bench, given his wages and also his own personal ambitions.

Secondly, it is clear that there was conflict between PL & DB, maybe to the point that a working relationship could not be maintained or maybe because part of PL's remit was to get rid of Bent due to his high wages. We will never know.

Finally, Kozac was signed for £4.5 million.

And Kozak and Bent are completely different types of players—on completely different types of wages no less. 

One fits the system and isn't on stupid wages, and the other doesn't fit the system and is on stupid wages. This isn't complicated. 

• Like 1

And Kozak and Bent are completely different types of players—on completely different types of wages no less. 

One fits the system and isn't on stupid wages, and the other doesn't fit the system and is on stupid wages. This isn't complicated. 

Right, maybe you could point out to a dumbo like me how exactly Kozak fits the system and Bent doesn't ?

Kozak is slow, he doesn't win many headers and he can't create chances for himself. What does he have that 'fits the system' ?

Well all the strikers for Czech scored tonight except for Kozak. Pekhart is finally fit and he scored a goal off a cross. Kozak will need to step up his game because Pekhart is probably the better striker at the moment. 

Well all the strikers for Czech scored tonight except for Kozak. Pekhart is finally fit and he scored a goal off a cross. Kozak will need to step up his game because Pekhart is probably the better striker at the moment. 

I'm confused. Kozak couldn't score because he didn't start, so surely the fact that he is the only striker who didn't score cannot be held against him? 

I'm confused. Kozak couldn't score because he didn't start, so surely the fact that he is the only striker who didn't score cannot be held against him? 

Not holding that against him, but I am saying 3 of the 4 Czech strikers managed to score so why would the coach interim manager one of them for Kozak who didn't play? Likely would continue with Pekhart, Kadlec or Lafata. 

Edited by Czechlad

Kadlec is a good talent. Will probably go on to be the best of the Czech strikers in my opinion.

That is pretty much the fan's general opinion. Necid used to be believed as the next Czech super star but injuries have really slowed down his career. 

Â