Colombian National Team

ForeroGabe

Pot 1 is usually Brazil, Argies, England, Germany, Italy, France, Holland, the usual qualifers.

Second pot is usually the likes of Sweden, U.S.A, Mexico, Japan, Korea etc.

3rd and 4th pots could have some very good teams in it, Belgium, Colombia, Uruguay if they make it, Ivory Coast, Ghana.

This could actually be a decent world cup as there's potential for some very exciting groups.

The World Cup normally seeds with a view to geography, though.

Pot 1 will be Brazil and the top 7 excluding Brazil

Pot 2 will probably be Asia, North America, Oceania

Pot 3 will probably be South America & Africa

Pot 4 will be the non-seeded Europeans

Columbia....

that is all

Funny story but I went on the Villa tour 10 years ago or so when Angel played here and it was spelt Colombia on the international board!

I think yillan is just having a wind up :) I hope! I was there two months and will be there three more months soon and it's definitely with an O.

:)

Also, meant to say. I popped into some friend's home to say goodbye when I was about to leave Colombia, or at least the town I was living in. They were all around the tv watching the u21's game and going nuts. Grown women supporting the under 21s like it was the WC Final. They told me to get involved, to sing and shout with them but I declined saying I don't support just any team.

They said it doesn't matter, it's the game. I said it's not even the main team, again.. didn't matter. "It's Colombia!" She shouted (no, she didn't spell out the name haha)

Now that's devotion to the national team.

Colombia made three world cups in the 90s, it's good to see them back tbh after 16 years away.

Going to be fun to watch aswell with their attacking players and Pekerman in charge who was a great appointment.

Can't see the defence holding out much though so they have the look of a last 16 team to me.

Â