Pre Match Interview from a Gooner

Trina

Hello there, I have permission from the admin to do this. It's something Ive decided to do before each Arsenal game, is to ask questions to the opposing team. Your admin was kind enough to agree I could use VillaTalk as the Aston Villa forum.

So if you have a few minutes spare could you please answer the questions below. They will be put on my site in the Pre Match Interview section http://www.goonersworld.co.uk/forum

How do you think your season will go?

What signings have you made this summer?

Who will be your star this season?

How do you feel about Christian Benteke asking for a transfer, only to sign a new contract?

According to Wiki, Villa have planning permission to increase Villa Park to 50, 000. What are your thoughts on this? Presumably you must be very happy to be staying at VP. Are there any concerns about the impact of the works on fans (season ticket relocation etc) Also, what is the timescale for all this?

If you could take one Arsenal player to have in your team, who would you choose?

What signings do you think we need?

How do you think we will fare this season?

What score do you think the game will finish on?

Who do you think will be the first goalscorer?

Edited by Trina

I think we'll have a solid season. No major drama (ie, Relegation battle). I think most Villa fans will be happy to just see some exciting games, win or lose. 3 years of fearing relegation has been horrible so a boring mid-table finish will feel quite nice.  I predict we'll finish 13th-10th

Some strange unknowns really, Tonev (AMC), Helenius (ST), Luna(LB), Okore(CB) Bacuna(CM) I think that's it. Maybe one more, can't remember! haha. I know nothing of any of them so can't really tell you what they will bring. 

Only one man.... Benteke. If he can reproduce the form of last season we'll have some exciting games ahead.

How do you feel about Christian Benteke asking for a transfer, only to sign a new contract?

Villa losing their best players is nothing new, so for him to sign a new contract was fantastic. Was a little disappointed he asked for a transfer initially, felt he owed us another season at least. But football doesn't work like that I guess. Absolutely delighted he's still here,, even though deep down we know next season he will be gone.

According to Wiki, Villa have planning permission to increase Villa Park to 50, 000. What are your thoughts on this? Presumably you must be very happy to be staying at VP. Are there any concerns about the impact of the works on fans (season ticket relocation etc) Also, what is the timescale for all this?

I don't think it's going to happen. We do not sell out as it is so there's no point.

If you could take one Arsenal player to have in your team, who would you choose?

The easy option is Wilshire, but I fear for him with the amount of injuries he has. I hope he has an injury free season as he's a cracking player. But if I had to choose one.... Cazorla... fantastic player. 

You definitely need a striker. A decent striker. Someone like Higuain...(too late I know). And a ball winning midfielder. Maybe even a new centre back too.

Depends if you actually buy anyone. If you do not strengthen and Wilshire gets injured again, I think you will be finishing 5th or 6th. However, a few signings could have you remain in top 4. Anything above that is too much of an ask IMO.

2-2

Weimann

Better than last year and the year before...and the year before that blah blah. Actually, theres a definite 'feelgood' feeling around the place, but the realists among us know it won't be a dramatic change-round.

Six up to yet. No outstanding names, but we did draft in Okore, who was on Chelseas radar last season. And keep an eye out for Luna, he could be a dark horse and is already a crowd favourite (and he has a BEARD!...YAHOO!.. its a Villa thing).

Probably yer man Benteke, who seriously has the potential to be a HUGE name. But, like I say, Luna (Tony Moon) might surprise people.

The only laughable thing about the whole affair was the fact it was your 'friends' up the road who were in for him. He will be a massive talent in two or three years time and bigger names than them will come sniffing round. As it is, he's committed himself to us and I think thats some testament to how much influence Paul Lambert has over him, so could'nt be happier really.

Have'nt a clue. But I doubt we could fill it anyway week-in, week-out.

Always liked Walcott myself. Cazorla is a exciting talent as well, but I'd like to see him do it for another season.

Can't believe how quiet Wenger has been in the market this summer. You urgently need a striker and a CB. I expect a flurry of activity down your way on the last day or two of the window.

Well, as is, don't bother renewing your passports. But if Wenger makes a couple of shrewd buys late on, then you'll be right in the mix as usual.

2-2. But don't rule out a sneaky Villa win if Tekkers is up for it.

Cazorla.

Progression. We will be safe all year and finish solid mid table with maybe a push to the top half if we tighten up at the back.

Six. 3 back up, 3 first teamers. Okore, Luna and Tonev will push for starts within weeks. I expect Helenius, Steer and Bacuna to make appearances but not starts. Very excited about Okore who looked a world beater for FCN last season.

Benteke. But Westwood and Okore will run him close.

lmaospurs

That was a while ago under MON. Never materialised and lost us the rights to stage a game at VP for the Olympics. Not going to happen anytime soon.

Cazorla. Would complete our team a treat.

About 5. So surprised you haven't got anybody.

Top 4, CL QF, maybe a cup

Score draw

Benteke

Up and down. The team is still young and the backline still appears to be prone to mistakes. One week we'll out play some more talented teams and win...and the next lose one we shouldn't. Things I don't doubt  about the team: Going to be fun to watch up front, infuriating at times at the back, and nervous defending set pieces. 

Okore - Stout defender, will probably start most games.

Luna - Attack minded Left back, will start.

Tonev - 2-footed AM (can take corners with either foot)

Bacuna - Versatile squad player can play Mid, Wing, and RB. 

Helenius - Young, big striker with a good eye for assists. 

Steer - Backup keeper

The easy answer is Benteke because he'll lead the line. But I'll say Lowton & Westwood continues to impress 

Was bummed when he asked and thrilled when he stayed. I think Lambert did very well to tie him up for an extra year even if all that does is give the team better bargaining power next summer.

Being a stateside Villa fan, can't really answer this well.

Cazorla, hope not to see him in the starting 11 tomorrow. 

Another striker and a solid CB. 

Fighting for the 4th spot. If y'all make a quality signing or two you'll grab it, if not you won't.

2-2

Gabby

I just hope it's steady and an improvement on the last one.

Loads.

Christian Benteke.

I'm just pleased the last part happened.

I think that's all up in the air at the moment.

Santi Cazorla

Pacy defenders.

Top four.

4-2 Villa.

Christian Benteke.

Edited by 8pints

Better than last season, hopefully out of the relegation drama with a comfortable mid-table finish.

Aleksandar Tonev (winger), Jores Okore (central defender), Antonio Luna (left back), Nicklas Helenius (striker), Leandro Bacuna (CM, RM, RB), Jed Steer (Keeper)

Christian Benteke

Obvioulsy was disappointed when he handed in his transfer request, but delighted that he signed a new deal.

I am another stateside Villa fan and am not familiar with this.

Cazorla.

Defensive midfielder, striker, central defender. Luiz Gustavo would have been perfect for you guys, I was surprised you didn't get him. Anyone but Suarez -- you don't need the headaches.

4th

3-2 but I'm not saying who wins. :)

Andreas Weimann

Hello there, I have permission from the admin to do this. It's something Ive decided to do before each Arsenal game, is to ask questions to the opposing team. Your admin was kind enough to agree I could use VillaTalk as the Aston Villa forum.

So if you have a few minutes spare could you please answer the questions below. They will be put on my site in the Pre Match Interview section http://www.goonersworld.co.uk/forum

We will win the League by 17 points, ahead of Fulham. Win the FA Cup by 19 goals and League Cup Runners-Up to QPR

We signed some footballers.

Stupid question, always Joe Bennett

When I first heard about the transfer I was like, yeah man, there is a player we can sign...and we did like. He played great at Aston Villa last season and chose them above Spurs! He must be good!!!!

Be nice to see 2 Holte Ends!

Walcott, English (helps for next season CL).

All the Man UTD team :D

I think you will finish in London.

74-0 to Villa, Benteke with 2 goals.

Benteke

Anyway, on a plus side I wish Arsenal all the best, great Manager and team. What Wenger could do if he decided to spend is quite scary. I hope for a great game tomorrow and of course a Villa win!

Edited by villanmike

Not gonna get ahead of myself and stay reasonable. I am thinking something around 9th-12th. We should do better than last season as we are building a team which now has more experience, more options on the bench and Lambert is still our manager. 

--

Benteke will be the posterboy, and rightly so. Some will be more noticeable than others. I do wonder if any of the new signings will really make a mark. I think Okore will do so, but that might be the season after this one. We will see.

I was sure it was going to happen next summer, so I was kinda surprised. Not good for his image, he forced himself out of his last club so that is never a good sign. But he is the most important aspect of our team, so it`s hard not to be excited

Old plans

Hard to say as there are many good players in your team. Cazorla is the type of player we really need, so I kinda have to go with him. There are others I would take of course, but he is the one right now. Ox deserves a special mention, great player.

Anything really. Specially a striker, and a new cb wouldn`t hurt. I am really surprised Wenger isn`t really having a go this season, you could actually have a challenge if a few things would be done. Really ideal situation right now as well. 

Hard to say, as some signings would go a long way. Spurs are really getting some good signings in so they should do better this season if it fits. Top 4 should be within reach but I would be a little worried. We will see, there is still time

2-1 to us as I never think we wil lose :)

Agbonlahor.

Edited by vandaq

Surprised nobody has mentioned that Benteke's transfer request was made, according to all rumours, at a stage when we'd only offered him 40k a week.

Once we had freed up some wages (I forget who we sold), we offered him more money and he signed. Simple as that. 40k a week is about a quarter of what he'll be earning in two years' time anyway.

Do Arsenal fans also think Wilshere is a cocky tosser who likes to put his foot in but squeals like a poove when anyone touches him?

Biggest bellend in football

• Like 1

Do Arsenal fans also think Wilshere is a cocky tosser who likes to put his foot in but squeals like a poove when anyone touches him?

Biggest bellend in football

Yeah it was quite shocking yesterday, doesnt do him any good really. But Sergio Ramos is the absolute worst

Â