AndyClarke

Stefan Strandberg from Rosenborg is such a steal at about £400k, if you're managing Villa I'd say sell Clark to Celtic for about £3m and replace him with Strandberg (if you need a ball playing defender).

Other cheap players under £1m a la Lambert:

Pele van Anholt - 22-year-old Dutch player from Heerenveen who can play at right back, right mid and center mid. Basically Bacuna. Can pick him for about £200k I think.

Zivkovic - 16-year-old Dutch wonderkid striker from Groningen, can get him for £550k at the start of the game although you'll face competition from top teams. By the time he hits 19 you'll get offers of £25m for him should you develop him properly.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

What are the laptop specs? Half a star seems incredibly low even for an old laptop.

Processor  Intel® Core i5-3317U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 1701 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    6.00 GB

I don't know what other specs to put, there's a ton on the system information page, I don't want to list them all.

My issue is that sometimes the game goes really slow and gives me a computer performance of half a star if i go to set up a game, whereas other times like yesterday the game went really fast and when i went to the set up a game page it gave me a computer performance of five stars. that doesn't make any sense to me

That is weird, ask about on the fm forums.

Stefan Strandberg from Rosenborg is such a steal at about £400k, if you're managing Villa I'd say sell Clark to Celtic for about £3m and replace him with Strandberg (if you need a ball playing defender).

Unfortunately he was only that cheap on the beta, he cost me £2m on the full game :(

He can definitely be picked up that cheap on the full game, I guess it's a matter of how fast you get in there. Also don't try to barter, just bid £400k (maybe £500k) and hopefully they'll accept.

Finished 2nd in my first season

4th in my second.

Now into my third and it's going terribly. Haven't changed my defence but they just cant defend set-pieces at all. I think I concede from 2 corners every game. Even when training "Defending Set-pieces" is on high. I just don't understand how my team have just gone so shit without really changing anything. 

Finished 2nd in my first season

4th in my second.

Now into my third and it's going terribly. Haven't changed my defence but they just cant defend set-pieces at all. I think I concede from 2 corners every game. Even when training "Defending Set-pieces" is on high. I just don't understand how my team have just gone so shit without really changing anything.

"Evolve or die," maybe you have to change things up.

Edited by Rovers13

Anyone tried the new handheld version? In the past it has failed to capture my interest long term because of the limited player database. My favorite part of FM is just trawling through it to find interesting players and bargains.

I hear this has been addressed in the latest version.

Practically have to dismantle the Villa team to get anywhere, sold Benteke for much needed funds at the start of the season and brought in Rhodes (finished with golden boot, 17 goals); players like Gabby, Weimann, Lowton and Kozak don't even get on my bench. Play 4-3-3 (counter) away from home and 4-1-2-3 (control) at home. Finished 7th in my first season after it all went wrong after January, nearly got relegated after having the worst run of form and luck imaginable, but managed crucial wins around March/April time; currently rebuilding in my 2nd season as I type.

Edited by Avflife

Anyone tried the new handheld version? In the past it has failed to capture my interest long term because of the limited player database. My favorite part of FM is just trawling through it to find interesting players and bargains.

I hear this has been addressed in the latest version.

It isn't too bad. You can now download a large or small database, select more than one league and it feels smoother.

• Like 1

Half way through my first season on my first proper Villa save, sold Delph and Clark which allowed me to buy Fernando (from Porto), Paco Alcacer and Stefan Strandberg. Currently sitting in 4th position on the 1st of January and I'm in the Capital One Cup Semi-Final.

Gabby, Kozak and Weimann don't get many games for me either now I've got Alcacer who is forming a good partnership with Benteke. If you play Benteke as a complete forward, Helenius is a really good option to have coming off the bench so it seems, he can play well as a wide forward too.

• Like 3

Just signed Van Ginkel, Zaha and a 4 star right-back on loan as well as Barry, Siem de Jong and Zarate. Looking forward to starting my 2nd season, aiming for top 6 and even top 4 if can sign another big signing before the season starts.

• Like 1

Half way through my first season on my first proper Villa save, sold Delph and Clark which allowed me to buy Fernando (from Porto), Paco Alcacer and Stefan Strandberg. Currently sitting in 4th position on the 1st of January and I'm in the Capital One Cup Semi-Final.

Gabby, Kozak and Weimann don't get many games for me either now I've got Alcacer who is forming a good partnership with Benteke. If you play Benteke as a complete forward, Helenius is a really good option to have coming off the bench so it seems, he can play well as a wide forward too.

For some reason neither Strandberg (Rosenborg) or Alcacer (Valencia) appear on my search engine in the game, very strange indeed.

Sold Vlaar for £8m in January which funded a move for Vitinho. Benteke spat his dummy out but the best offer I got was £15m, come April and he has asked to stay.

Probably going to finish 9th, won the Capital One Cup and I'm in the final of the FA Cup.

How much was Van Ginkel?

Sold Vlaar for £8m in January which funded a move for Vitinho. Benteke spat his dummy out but the best offer I got was £15m, come April and he has asked to stay.

Probably going to finish 9th, won the Capital One Cup and I'm in the final of the FA Cup.

How much was Van Ginkel?

I have Vitinho. He's ace! 

Â