Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

People who throw bread about, not in their garden oh no. throw it on the pavement or over the back fence of their houses.

So it is a little chilly and my dog (Beagle) loves bread, I can't explain how much but he would sell a body part for a jam sandwich.

He can smell bread UNDER the snow from about 5 metres away, on surface from a lot further than that. (I am not sure how good his nose is compared to ours but it is truly amazing)

He's on a diet, cold frozen bits are bread dug up are not good for him IMO. Walking him is a nightmare at the moment as he needs to get off the lead to run and keep warm but the bastards keep throwing it out there.

I just don't get the throw it off my land thing. Dutch ****s

Deice?

EDIT: Oh, "de-ice". Sorry.

It's a strange one that.

I've always read and used de-ice. Kinda makes sense with the hyphen.

Deice juts looks wrong.

But then how does one explain defrost?

These are deworst puns I've seen! :lol:

And I know bad puns. I sent 10 in for a joke competition, I hoped they"d win, but no pun in ten did.:

"Defrost" and "decipher" both have consonants after the "de-" bit, which provide a sort of "natural break" to separate the syllables.

"Deice" has that dipthong (double-vowel combo), which in many English words is elided together into a single vowel sound, e.g. "their", "piece", etc. "Deice" looks like it's meant to be pronounced like that - as dice, or dayce, or deece.

The hyphen separates the "e" from the "i", and thus makes it clear that it's a two-syllable, rather than a one-syllable word.

"Defrost" and "decipher" both have consonants after the "de-" bit, which provide a sort of "natural break" to separate the syllables.

"Deice" has that dipthong (double-vowel combo), which in many English words is elided together into a single vowel sound, e.g. "their", "piece", etc. "Deice" looks like it's meant to be pronounced like that - as dice, or dayce, or deece.

The hyphen makes it clear that it's a two-syllable, rather than a one-syllable word.

book_worm.jpg

:winkold:

That my central heating has decided not to work. Bugger.

My missus came out with a cracker yesterday:

''why do people's central heating always break when it's cold? It never breaks in the summer!''

''because they only use it when it's cold?!''

''oh yeah :oops: ''

She's thick as pudding but i love her all the same! :lol:

The hyphen makes it clear that it's a two-syllable, rather than a one-syllable word.

book_worm.jpg

:winkold:

If I ever decide to change my avatar, I'm having that. :thumb:

Â