Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I have no idea, it just irritates me, like I said though, if they were getting a good deal on the holiday then fair play, but £1k pp for 2 weeks self catering? You can go to Mexico/Dominican Republic/Florida all inclusive for the same money, but they just wont try anything different because they "know they are going to like Corfu". That's just a stupid thing to say, I like Beer but it doesn't mean I'm never going to try anything else as I might like something else more!

Fruit flavoured teas. Why? Why exactly? Whatcha-why?
Absolutely horrible. And while we're on the subject. Iced teas (which tend to be fruity too). Rank.

Fruit flavoured teas. Why? Why exactly? Whatcha-why?
Absolutely horrible. And while we're on the subject. Iced teas (which tend to be fruity too). Rank.

Southern style sweet iced tea is amazing! But I will agree that any fruit tea is awful.

People lying to me constantly. And the realization that you might be doing something all for nothing. Also....the barking dog next door. It's evil.

Also....the barking dog next door. It's evil.

Throw it some slug pellets. They'll stop it from barking, amongst other things.

I plan to torture the owners........and make the dog watch.

Also....the barking dog next door. It's evil.

Throw it some slug pellets. They'll stop it from barking, amongst other things.

I plan to torture the owners........and make the dog watch.

:shock:

It's my birthday on Sunday. I have some money in the bank and I feel like treating myself. My Amazon wish list is a mile long, so it shouldn't be hard to do, but I'm gripped with hesitation. This is annoying.

Buyer's remorse?

I get that, bad. I bought a house last year and felt like crying for about 2 months afterwards.

Even when I buy something like a computer game now, I just think "Should I really have bought that? COuldn't I spend that on something else?"

You'd think as a result I'd be really tight and loaded, but I'm not at all! I always end up buying stuff, just feeling shit about it!

Never got it with our two (so far) house purchases, that was a real buzz. It's more small-scale "retail therapy" that makes me feel guilty - and even then only when I try and plan it. Impulse buys when I can't really afford it are more fun than proper treats when I can, for some reason.

My sig takes on significance in this case!

I did get a buzz from buying the house, and to be fair by the time I actually got round to getting the keys I was fine.

It was after I'd signed all the contracts etc that I felt shit.

May be buying a dog next week, that will give me more remorse!

Buyer's remorse?

I get that, bad. I bought a house last year and felt like crying for about 2 months afterwards.

Even when I buy something like a computer game now, I just think "Should I really have bought that? COuldn't I spend that on something else?"

You'd think as a result I'd be really tight and loaded, but I'm not at all! I always end up buying stuff, just feeling shit about it!

I've honestly never heard of this. I don't get it. What's the remorse based on? That you'd rather have the money back? That you didn't feed a child in Africa with it instead? That's a new one on me tbh.

It's hard to explain that one, BOF. When I'm skint and a bit pissed off, I'll merrily go out and splash the cash to cheer myself up. And I'll think "Probably shouldn't have done that, but what the ****".

But when I've actually got a wad of cash burning a hole in my pocket/bank account, and I have an excuse to buy myself something I've wanted for ages, I suddenly hesitate and start asking myself "Do I really want this? Should I be spending that much?" and so on. Which is annoying, as it should be a guilt-free buzz to treat myself.

But when I've actually got a wad of cash burning a hole in my pocket/bank account, and I have an excuse to buy myself something I've wanted for ages, I suddenly hesitate and start asking myself "Do I really want this? Should I be spending that much?" and so on.

OK well from that description (and I appreciate it may be more subtle than what's in front of me) I'd say that's normal and sensible decision making. If it qualifies as 'remorse' then I'd hope everyone has a touch of it.

But when I've actually got a wad of cash burning a hole in my pocket/bank account, and I have an excuse to buy myself something I've wanted for ages, I suddenly hesitate and start asking myself "Do I really want this? Should I be spending that much?" and so on.

OK well from that description (and I appreciate it may be more subtle than what's in front of me) I'd say that's normal and sensible decision making. If it qualifies as 'remorse' then I'd hope everyone has a touch of it.

Yeah, but it's annoying. I want to go "Woot! Now I can buy that [insert item] I've always wanted! Press "Purchase now"! Yay! Can't want for it to arrive!" But I don't feel that way, even when I buy it.

I think it's just the thought that I've have done better to buy something else, OR just keep the money where it is, with the potential to spend if I suddenly think of a better object of desire.

Â