Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

The Independent suggested that he prefers to live in London? The Independent is the most biased paper, ever!

Of course they are. How many posters have stopped to think that perhaps the journo that wrote that rubbish is a Spuds supporter? Any lazy journalist in the Home Counties would know that that sort of article will sell well in North London.

At the end of the day, money talks and bullshit walks. If Villa want this player they will bid what he is worth and at the very least they will make Spuds pay dearly for him.

There will be other midfielders to go after and there are still 83 shopping days before deadline is set and probably at this rate 2000 more pages of speculation to enjoy, or not ;)

That said, I hope Wes signs :) hehehehehehehehehehe :suspect:

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spurs was way more attacking than Villa and if you attack more you are bound to open up for other teams to get chances to score. Martin Jol has calculated that he had a strikeforce that would win them games anyway and he wasnt wrong. Spurs attack was awesome at times.

True, but Sid was picking up your point that Spurs defence was better than Villa's. Which is a load of nonsense.

Nigel Reo-Coker, Wesley Sneijder and Jermain Defoe are set to join Aston Villa this week. Reo-Coker £7, Wesley Sneijder £12m and Jermain Defoe £8m

Martin O'Neill - Birmingham

Taken from Sky Sports "your view"

It must be some truth in it, now we´ve had MON, Randy and the General posting on that site...... :lol:

The papers seem to think that as Jol is Dutch then it is cast in stone that he will sign for Spuds, this is rubbish, to assume that all Dutchmen like and get on with one another is cloud cuckoo land. Do all English players get along with English managers? Do all foreign players want to live in London, obviously not.

Spuds started last season very slowly and still managed fifth place, they need to concentrate on their leaky defence, they don't need another creative midfielder. For us to move into the UEFA cup places we only need 2 or 3 players, to move into the top 4 we need 5 or 6 top players. This will be the year to do this as Arsenal seem to be heading for a bad year, their only real football knowledgible director has left (Dein), Henry is linked all over the place and Wenger seems unsettled. If Henry and Wenger leave they will implode, we must take advantage.

If Wesley meets MON he will be impressed by his enthusiasm, drive and committment and will join us. All of this depends on whether MON wants Wesley at the price quoted.

Newspaper talk......fleet st......london.....

Anyone else think that half of fleet st are spuds fans?

They are signing everyone if you believe the papers!

Even before the spuds were spending large amounts of cash they still had unnatural amounts of media coverage, even though they had achieved very little . Its London media obsessed with London clubs.Something i hope that Lerner/O'Neill will be shoving back down their throats. :twisted:

Foreign players will rather live in London I reckon. IMO, MON is the absolute key to securing players LIKE sneijder. Villa are a big name, but neither he nor his agent will have heard of a lot of our very good none international players. Its up to MON to use his charm to attract people, of course holding an interview at our lovely new training ground will help :D

Just spotted this on wikipedia in Sneijder profile

On the 8th of June, sports journalist, Nick Minty, spotted Sneijder in a Hilton hotel, with Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy. It is thought that Spurs are trying to thrash out a deal as quickly as possible to thwart of interest from Aston Villa and Valencia.

Who is nick minty?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wesley_Sneijder

I have a feeling we might lose to Spurs on this particular one. The Dutch Jol factor and London and the fact that Spurs have more tangible recent success recently might work against us. Right now, for foreign players they have a more glamorous upwardly mobile look. However, for players on these islands the Martin O Neill factor and actual information about how Villa are on the rise will give us the edge over Spurs 9 times out of 10. But when we start breaking the Champions League cartel and attracting a great player here and there, we'll rise above Spurs in international player chases too. Our superior manager is key. And for what its worth, I think with Reo Coker and Petrov and Barry, we're fine now in this area for the time being. Mayby the glamorous summer signing will be a striker. Or mayby MON will go for 3-5 Petrov level signings (7 million, Reo Coker) That wouldnt be the end of the world either. We did finish midtable so thats hampered us somewhat. We're still trying to build our image abroad. But we are so headed in the right direction and I dont think we've put a foot wrong since the takeover...

I have a feeling we might lose to Spurs on this particular one. The Dutch Jol factor and London and the fact that Spurs have more tangible recent success recently might work against us. Right now, for foreign players they have a more glamorous upwardly mobile look. However, for players on these islands the Martin O Neill factor and actual information about how Villa are on the rise will give us the edge over Spurs 9 times out of 10. But when we start breaking the Champions League cartel and attracting a great player here and there, we'll rise above Spurs in international player chases too. Our superior manager is key. And for what its worth, I think with Reo Coker and Petrov and Barry, we're fine now in this area for the time being. Mayby the glamorous summer signing will be a striker. Or mayby MON will go for 3-5 Petrov level signings (7 million, Reo Coker) That wouldnt be the end of the world either. We did finish midtable so thats hampered us somewhat. We're still trying to build our image abroad. But we are so headed in the right direction and I dont think we've put a foot wrong since the takeover...

well put

it will be the first disappointment of the summer if we lose sneijder to spurs.....

and we should brace ourselves for more...

only on august 31st will we know how great the summer has been or not in terms of signings

Well, this might be why Spuds don't want to pay more than, what?, £8m for Bent when Charlton wants a lot more. Maybe they can't afford both. Anyway, I'm with the one who says that just because Jol is dutch they have an advantage is just ridiculous. We have a dutch international and I think that counts as much. And exactly what have Jol done before to get labelled a great manager? I think MON is way ahead of him. Still, we haven't heard anything concrete on this so there might be nothing. I'd rather see him go to Valencia or stay in Ajax then go to Spuds.

I can't help thinking the sound of silence sounds good. :nod:

Chimbonda-Dawson-King-Bale

Hughes-Mellberg-Laursen-Bouma

If that's the current first 4 defenders at the present time i'd take

Chimbonda-Mellberg-King-Bouma.

Seems pretty balanced at the minute if you ask me but i'd like to look again as soon as we get a right back in.

Just spotted this on wikipedia in Sneijder profile

On the 8th of June, sports journalist, Nick Minty, spotted Sneijder in a Hilton hotel, with Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy. It is thought that Spurs are trying to thrash out a deal as quickly as possible to thwart of interest from Aston Villa and Valencia.

Who is nick minty?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wesley_Sneijder

oh I just spotted

On the 8th of June, sports journalist, Nick Minty, spotted Sneijder in a Hilton hotel, with Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy. It is thought that Spurs are trying to thrash out a deal as quickly as possible to thwart of interest from Aston Villa and Valencia. The previous day, he had been spotted by John Creswell, sports editor of the Sun, leaving a meeting at Villa Park. It is thought that Aston Villa had offered in the region of €12.5 and young star Gary Cahill

Seems pretty balanced at the minute if you ask me but i'd like to look again as soon as we get a right back in.

They are reportedly preparing to lose Chimbonda, and I'd say our first choice right backis Delaney, not Hughes.

They are reportedly preparing to lose Chimbonda, and I'd say our first choice right backis Delaney, not Hughes.

Laursen is also a million times better than Ledley King.

:offtopic:

I'm hoping my avatar works :D

Me too! :D

Well with Spurs' reported interest maybe the situation with Sneijder will heat up over the next few days and there will be some sort of activity.

Well with Spurs' reported interest maybe the situation with Sneijder will heat up over the next few days and there will be some sort of activity.

Could go the wrong way though. :(