Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Not much movement today only pie boy Viduka moving for the money! Villa still quiet...

• [*:c63f8475d9]Arsenal
    Lukasz Fabianski (undisc.)
    [*:c63f8475d9]Aston Villa
    None.
    [*:c63f8475d9]Birmingham City
    Fabrice Muamba (undisc.)
    [*:c63f8475d9]Blackburn Rovers
    None.
    [*:c63f8475d9]Bolton Wanderers
    Blerim Dzemaili (free)
    Gerald Cid (free)
    Zoltan Harsanyi (undisc)
    Jlloyd Samuel (free)
    [*:c63f8475d9]Chelsea
    Claudio Pizarro (free)
    Steve Sidwell (free)
    [*:c63f8475d9]Derby
    None
    [*:c63f8475d9]Everton
    Tim Howard (undisc.)
    [*:c63f8475d9]Fulham
    None.
    [*:c63f8475d9]Liverpool
    Lucas Leiva (undisc.)
    Andriy Voronin (free)
    Krizstian Nemeth
    Andras Simon
    [*:c63f8475d9]Manchester City
    None.
    [*:c63f8475d9]Manchester United
    Owen Hargreaves (undisc.)
    [*:c63f8475d9]Middlesbrough
    Jonathan Woodgate (£7million)
    [*:c63f8475d9]Newcastle United
    Mark Viduka (free)
    Joey Barton (£5.5million)
    [*:c63f8475d9]Portsmouth
    Sulley Muntari (undisc.)
    Sylvain Distin (free)
    Hermann Hreidarsson (free)
    [*:c63f8475d9]Reading
    Kalifa Cisse (undisc.)
    [*:c63f8475d9]Sunderland
    None.
    [*:c63f8475d9]Tottenham Hotspur
    Gareth Bale (£5million)
    [*:c63f8475d9]West Ham
    Scott Parker (£7million)
    [*:c63f8475d9]Wigan Athletic
    Titus Bramble (free)
    Antoine Sibierski (free)

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have bad news. I have a friend who lives in Barcelona, directly under the flight path of planes heading for Valencia.

Anyway, he was sitting on his rooftop terrace when a Valencia-bound plane flew overhead at surprisingly high altitude and from it fell a lump of frozen urine.

It smelt very stringly of Gouda cheese, tasted a little of advocaat and had a little cocktail stick buried in it on which was written, "Hi, my name's Wesley Sneijder."

So he was obviously on his way to sign for Valencia (or Levante). :(

I have bad news. I have a friend who lives in Barcelona, directly under the flight path of planes heading for Valencia.

Anyway, he was sitting on his rooftop terrace when a Valencia-bound plane flew overhead at surprisingly high altitude and from it fell a lump of frozen urine.

It smelt very stringly of Gouda cheese, tasted a little of advocaat and had a little cocktail stick buried in it on which was written, "Hi, my name's Wesley Sneijder."

The old fart smells even worse than yesterday...good try though. :winkold:

The old fart smells even worse than yesterday...good try though. :winkold:

:crylaugh:

Nice to see that a couple of our slightly more panicky posters are no longer suffering from looseness of the bowels brought on by the very close proximity of the start of the 2007/08 season. :D

I'm sure Reo-Coker will come really. Or if not perhaps someone else pretty good. And failing that I'm sure good old Gavin McCann will be good for another year, don't you agree Tricella? Sleep well. :lol:

Spurs become favourites to sign Sneijder from Ajax

By Jason Burt

Published: 08 June 2007

Tottenham Hotspur have edged ahead of Aston Villa in the battle to sign Wesley Sneijder as they are willing to pay the €15m (£10.2m) transfer fee being demanded by Ajax.

The creative midfielder, who is 23 this weekend, is also keen to team up with Spurs' Dutch manager Martin Jol and would prefer a move to London rather than Birmingham. Talks are understood to have been held with his agent, Rodger Lindse.

Ajax have already rejected a series of bids from Valencia for the Dutch international which peaked at €12m (£8.1m). He was recently watched by the Villa manager Martin O'Neill at the Dutch Cup final but Jol is believed to have the advantage in chasing his signature.

If he does arrive at White Hart Lane, it will be another bold statement of intent from Spurs who have already spent up to £10m on Gareth Bale from Southampton. The pair could link up down Spurs' problematic left-flank although Sneijder, who is genuinely two-footed, can play on either flank or through the middle. Sneijder, who played for the Netherlands in their friendly victory over Thailand on Wednesday, has been a first-team regular at Ajax for five years. He has two years on his current contract and the Dutch club has said they will hold on to him and run the risk of him going for free if they do not receive the transfer fee they are demanding. Spurs' interest in the player is even more long-standing than Villa's with Frank Arnesen's enquiring about his availability when he was sporting director two years ago.

Meanwhile, Sir Alan Sugar has sold his stake in Spurs to the sports and media group Enic International, which already holds 54 per cent of the club's shares. Sugar, who was chairman until 2001, will receive £25m for a deal that values Spurs at £209.5m.

The board of Enic, whose managing director Daniel Levy is also Spurs' chairman, said it had increased its stake "as a sign of its long-term confidence in the club and to provide ongoing stability to the club".

Clicky...

Oh well...:(

Spurs become favourites to sign Sneijder from Ajax

By Jason Burt

Published: 08 June 2007

Tottenham Hotspur have edged ahead of Aston Villa in the battle to sign Wesley Sneijder as they are willing to pay the €15m (£10.2m) transfer fee being demanded by Ajax.

The creative midfielder, who is 23 this weekend, is also keen to team up with Spurs' Dutch manager Martin Jol and would prefer a move to London rather than Birmingham. Talks are understood to have been held with his agent, Rodger Lindse.

Ajax have already rejected a series of bids from Valencia for the Dutch international which peaked at €12m (£8.1m). He was recently watched by the Villa manager Martin O'Neill at the Dutch Cup final but Jol is believed to have the advantage in chasing his signature.

If he does arrive at White Hart Lane, it will be another bold statement of intent from Spurs who have already spent up to £10m on Gareth Bale from Southampton. The pair could link up down Spurs' problematic left-flank although Sneijder, who is genuinely two-footed, can play on either flank or through the middle. Sneijder, who played for the Netherlands in their friendly victory over Thailand on Wednesday, has been a first-team regular at Ajax for five years. He has two years on his current contract and the Dutch club has said they will hold on to him and run the risk of him going for free if they do not receive the transfer fee they are demanding. Spurs' interest in the player is even more long-standing than Villa's with Frank Arnesen's enquiring about his availability when he was sporting director two years ago.

Meanwhile, Sir Alan Sugar has sold his stake in Spurs to the sports and media group Enic International, which already holds 54 per cent of the club's shares. Sugar, who was chairman until 2001, will receive £25m for a deal that values Spurs at £209.5m.

The board of Enic, whose managing director Daniel Levy is also Spurs' chairman, said it had increased its stake "as a sign of its long-term confidence in the club and to provide ongoing stability to the club".

Clicky...

Oh well...:(

I read west ham were favourite to get ashley young at one point to.

He may well end up at spurs and i know confidence in signing players isn't your strong point jez but we should probably wait untill something official appears.

TBH we still have no idea if MON wants him.

He may well end up at spurs and i know confidence in signing players isn't your strong point jez but we should probably wait untill something official appears.

Exactly.

The story really hinges on Spurs being willing to pay a certain figure, but with no information about whether Villa are or aren't willing to do so.

It's just journos with empty column inches to fill. Again.

I dont remember West Am ever being favourites tbh anyway, its so frustrating how Spurs get all the blumin wonderkids and exciting players!

Such an awesome player would make their mediocre center midfield awesome whilst at the same time stretching away from us...ffs!

Obviously anything could happen your correct LM, but this is not Young, Sneijder has 1 international team mate at Villa and for all we know he might not even like him. Whilst Spurs have London a dutch manager and europe, bugger!

Im with you jez.. as much as i don't wanna read into it, it just pisses me right off, spurs thinking there somethng all of a sudden cus of a few things they have going for them!

... Theres always one thing that Spurs will never get over on us and thats a European Cup in there trophy cabnet!!