Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that is the 16 year old who we have got on trial. For sale for half a million if any good.

Does anyone know of any speculation linking us to a right back?...

Looking at whos available in the Premiership the list isnt particularly impressive...

Chelsea and Liverpool i assume will battle it out for Dani Alves and i assume the loser will probably banl on Micah Richards who seems to be the only right back worth a punt in the Premier league...

If not him then 2nd best choices are Luke Young, Hoyte and Glen Johnson...

We're probably better off abroad but we seem to be developing a real English side so i wouldnt be surprised if we signed one of the above...

Glenn Johnson has gone back to Chelski apparently but not seen that anywhere.

Papers have linked us to Luke Young.

Villa are not commenting on any transfers. Annoying but good practice.

So by the end of the summer if rumours so far this are correct, we should have...

Defoe

Taylor

Reo-Coker

Richards

Based on more solid rumours and people with some sources, hence why Snejider, Young links are not there as they are red herrings i think.

Not bad :D

I found this quite amusing on skysports your view

I have family in Germany, and my cousin is a friend of Per Metersacker, the central defender who plays for Werder. He has told my cousin that Villa have been in contact with the club about a transfer for £4M. He is very keen on the move. This could happen very soon.

C Krulak - Birmingham

LINK.

I found this quite amusing on skysports your view

I have family in Germany, and my cousin is a friend of Per Metersacker, the central defender who plays for Werder. He has told my cousin that Villa have been in contact with the club about a transfer for £4M. He is very keen on the move. This could happen very soon.

C Krulak - Birmingham

:lol:

Some of my Dad's mates used to write in to the mail with ridiculous letters posing as Blues fans and at the end it would be signed off by 'A Pratt', and things like that :)

Just saw that Luca Toni went to Bayern Munich for GBP 7.5m. I just don't get it -players not even half as good as him are being linked to us for higher prices. Where is the logic? Do English clubs just get held for ransom?

Just saw that Luca Toni went to Bayern Munich for GBP 7.5m. I just don't get it -players not even half as good as him are being linked to us for higher prices. Where is the logic? Do English clubs just get held for ransom?

yes.the world knows about the massive tv money.

yes.the world knows about the massive tv money.

That's the key to why maybe Villa won't irk too much if we have to pay a bit more than maybe they'd like...the £s from the increased TV revenue if we get success and shown more often on the Tele will far outweigh any capital outlays!

That is a high price for a player in his age. Luca Toni is quality, but for £7.5m...hm...

30 years old...I understand why Fiorentina sold him. He might have 2-3 seasons left in him, but probably not in the same form as he has been.

Well they aren't letting him score any more are they?! He is a good player, just came good during the whole bribery scandal - so for me he is suspicious.. sort of.. He isn't a bad striker, just a bit thick at times I think.

Reports that Alan Smith may not get a new contract with manure.

Personally, I think Gabby and Moore are better strikers than smith and Barry, Petrov and NRC (when and if he signs) are better midfielders

Dont need him in midfield, and he isnt exactly a 20 a season striker looking back at his stats

1998-2004- Leeds United 172 (38 )

2004 - Manchester United 61 (7)

1 in 4.5 games for Leeds. very disappointing!

Just thought i'd post this up before people start saying that we should get him