Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

i have just heard a rumour from a guy at work, i work in a private leisure centre and i got talking to a guy about football, and he assured me that his mate who is a private investigator was given a job on someone in a hotel in leicester and he texted him while on the job saying that MON was havin a meeting with none other than Jermaine Defoe. i am in no way suggesting this rumour to be true before people start hating me if this doesnt happen, im just saying what this guy told me, to be fair he doesnt seem the bullshitting type. he is adamant this is not a made up rumour.

thoughts??

My first thoughts were that this was a satirical attack on the kind of transfer post we had in January.

My revised thoughts are that you are very naive if you expect anyone to treat such a tenuous link with any degree of credibility.

im not asking people to believe it am i?or treat it as the worlds most credible source, i was just saying what this guy told me as he was adamant. im treating it as lightly as the next person, and with by asking for peoples opinions i was referring to the likelyhood of us signing defoe and if people would take him.

seriously people have gone WAAAAAAAY to touchy about DEFOE, sorry if any defoeists were offended in the making of my original post.

Defoeists. I like it :lol: We could also have Reo - Coker-heads, Schneiderosophists and er...no Defoeists was good...

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wesley intent on Ajax exit

By Alex Livie - Created on 4 Jun 2007

Wesley Sneijder appears to be at odds with Ajax over Valencia's failed bid for his services.

The Che had been speaking to Ajax for some time about the talented midfielder, but their bid hit the buffers over the weekend when the Amsterdam club confirmed a fee had not been agreed.

Ajax added that they expected Sneijder to knuckle down and show commitment to the club, but the 22-year-old seems intent on securing a transfer away from Amsterdam.

"Officially, I have heard nothing about it yet, but the last words have yet to be spoken about this," Sneijder told De Telegraaf.

"The only way to break with Ajax is by kicking up a fuss. But that's not my style."

Sneijder has a further two years to run on his contract and feels the time has come for Ajax to cash in.

He added: "This is the moment for a transfer.

"I have been playing in the first team at Ajax for five years. And surely Ajax don't want to let me walk out for free in two years' time?"

Clicky...

It says on sky sports that Sneijder is set to stay at Ajax.

Do we all feel now then that we can forget this one and put it to bed that he definately won't be signing!

Yes imo

Wesley Sneijder's proposed move to Valencia has come off the rails, with the midfielder likely to remain with Ajax.

The Dutch international had made it clear that he wanted to secure a move to the Mestalla, but talks between the two clubs failed to bear fruit.

Ajax refused to shift in their valuation of the 22-year-old and this stance has prompted Valencia to explore other options.

"At this moment there is no concrete interest any more," Ajax technical director Martin van Geel told De Telegraaf.

Van Geel feels Sneijder will overcome the setback and prove his class with Ajax next term.

"Wesley is only 22-years-old, he knows that we want to keep him because he is a leading player and I know that he doesn't find it a punishment to stay at Ajax," noted Van Geel.

[

And this posted on the same day! When looking at both of them its clear they dont want him to leave but its gonna be inevitable.

i have just heard a rumour from a guy at work, i work in a private leisure centre and i got talking to a guy about football, and he assured me that his mate who is a private investigator was given a job on someone in a hotel in leicester and he texted him while on the job saying that MON was havin a meeting with none other than Jermaine Defoe. i am in no way suggesting this rumour to be true before people start hating me if this doesnt happen, im just saying what this guy told me, to be fair he doesnt seem the bullshitting type. he is adamant this is not a made up rumour.

thoughts??

My first thoughts were that this was a satirical attack on the kind of transfer post we had in January.

My revised thoughts are that you are very naive if you expect anyone to treat such a tenuous link with any degree of credibility.

im not asking people to believe it am i?or treat it as the worlds most credible source, i was just saying what this guy told me as he was adamant. im treating it as lightly as the next person, and with by asking for peoples opinions i was referring to the likelyhood of us signing defoe and if people would take him.

seriously people have gone WAAAAAAAY to touchy about DEFOE, sorry if any defoeists were offended in the making of my original post.

Defoeists. I like it :lol: We could also have Reo - Coker-heads, Schneiderosophists and er...no Defoeists was good...

Ha that's funny!.. :lol: . Lighten up everyone! Its only beginning of June

Rocafella do you know of any Norwegian players that play in France?

We have actually had a fair share the last few years. Fakiri, Carew, Riise, Kvarme, Rekdal, Nyan to name a few. If its of any use.

I found this via a google search- Fakiri is represented by Per A Flod but he was at Borussia Monchengladbach. He was at Monaco until 2005.

link

Norway international Hassan El Fakiri is targeting a move to a Premiership club this summer.

The midfielder announced he would leave Borussia Monchengladbach following their relegation from the Bundesliga, and is now hoping to ply his trade in England.

"We have contacted some clubs in England," the player's agent, Per A. Flod, told Aftenposten.

"We'll see what happens, but I expect that many clubs would be interested in signing a player of his quality."

Who knows? Just thought I'd post my findings. That article is from May 22.

we need to just sign a aged superstar i.e nedved or someone like that get the people/media talking, spurs did it with davids and chelsea with ruud guilt then the star players just follow we got the money now.... for years we have needed that BIG name player!

If you wanna know how the press get their links...here goes!!

POT A

Villa

Newcastle

Everton

West Ham

Spurs

POT B

Barton

Reo Coker

Koumas

Parker

Bent

Defoe

L Young

etc..etc!!!

Sports Editor to draw from each pot 3-5 times daily, and feed those hungry gullible fans with all the links they want!

:)

It says on sky sports that Sneijder is set to stay at Ajax.

Do we all feel now then that we can forget this one and put it to bed that he definately won't be signing!

No, because with the way he's running his mouth off in the press I'd be amazed if he stays there. So until he moves to Valencia (likely), he's still on the market. While he's still on the market, nothing is definate.

It's brilliant how fans work....

Newcastle and West Ham go out and buy players - surely they must be buying too rash and too soon! Villa will end up with the best ones

Villa rumored with Jason Koumas - I wonder if his reputation on here got a little bit higher than it would be if he was linked with Birmingham or Derby

Villa linked with a troublesome NRC - surely MON will cure him just like he will cure Carew's scoring and settling problems

:)

Who have newcastle and west ham signed?

and who said anything about Carew being our Goalscorer? From the day he joined i've known what to expect from him, a glut of goals is not what Carew's reknowned for.

What's Carew settling in also got to do with it?

To say Carew is one of your fellow country men, you don't half bitch about him. I'm bloody proud to have big John Carew at our club and i honestly believe he's settled.

I was kidding dude, hence the smiley. I adore Carew

I'll ask again on behalf of the origional poster - Who have Newcastle and West Ham signed?

If this agency dude claiming we are after someone from France, I´ll throw a name in the pot - Samir Nasri.

We have been linked with him before, I´m sure I have read somewhere that MON been in France watching Marsielle (spelling? :? )

I watched the euro qualifier France-Ukraine and Nasri was the best player on the pitch IMO, and he is only 19 years old. I have been constantly praising Wesley Sneijder on here saying he would be my dream signing (I would still be over the moon if he signs for us!!) but maybe Samir Nasri is the better player?

Seriusly doubt if Nasri would like to come here, I mean Marsielle will play in the CL next season and I think hes played for Marsielle since he was a kid so I can understand if he would like to play CL with his boyhood club.

Maybe just a dream, but who knows?

Thoughts?

Nasri is a "wonderkid" and with the right development he have every chance of becoming the new big star from France.

For him to come to Villa would take a lot from both Villa and him. The best clubs in the world would probably be in for him and Arsene Wenger would go crazy if he miss out. :winkold:

It's about that time of the month where I make my David Nugent suggestion..... again. Back in April, Nugent was supposedly on our Wish List. Does any one have any news on that front ?

If we are still looking for a right back how about 24 year old Jose Bosingwa currently playing for FC Porto who is available on a free transfer and supposedly would command 15,000 a week.

He got his first cap for Portugual playing against Belgium on Saturday. Jols and Southgate are taking a look at him. Spurs see him as the replacement for Chimbonda if he signs for Chelsea.

He can also play defensive midfield, as a controlling midfielder, and as an overlapping right winger.

He was part of the 2005-06 FC Porto Portuguese champions team.

I would think he is worth a look especially since Hughes and Bardsley are out of the picture.