Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

I don't think we'd sign Sneijder AND Koumas, one or the other (or another altogether) IMO. The benefit of both Sneijder and Koumas is that they can play out wide as well as in the middle. If we got Sneijder I have a feeling he'd play on the wing. e.g.

Think you have a point there Patrick, it is obviously an area MON is looking at players who can play wide and in the middle hmmm.

Maybe. Or it could just be a concidence that the players he's looking at can play multiple positions.

I'm going to assume we're after a center mid in the Reo-Coker mould. If that's a case, I'd hazzard a guess we'll be looking at bringing in a left winger. I'm not sure MON will care much if they can play central too.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand what Jez is saying..but Jez...do you actually think we will sign ANY good player at all......so long as they are linked with another good club...if we use your philosophy we might as well not try and go to scotland or sweep up the championship..!!!

Ooooo a teamtalk link about Sneijder.

Villa or Spuds who would he choose?

I better not say as i would get beaten up! ;)

You don't need to say as everyone knows you love Spurs.

Really how you figure that one out! :roll:

Do you think we will sign every player we are linked with then? I assume not, dont say they will go anywhere else other than Villa though, god forbid! :bang:

No and I have never said as much.

Don't say that we might sign a player us and spurs are in for otherwise you might crush Jez's world. God forbid! :bang:

I understand what Jez is saying..but Jez...do you actually think we will sign ANY good player at all......so long as they are linked with another good club...if we use your philosophy we might as well not try and go to scotland or sweep up the championship..!!!

Oh yeah i do, i understand how it might come across but its not that i dont want us to sign these players i would love it.

I just think if they are linked with any clubs that are in a better position than us then they will choose them.

Oh yeah i do, i understand how it might come across but its not that i dont want us to sign these players i would love it.

I just think if they are linked with any clubs that are in a better position than us then they will choose them.

If that club doesn't have a bid accepted then a spurious link in one of the daily rags is irrelevant. So just because a player is linked with Spurs, it doesn't automaticaly mean we have no chance.

Koumas will be 28 in september so although he is in his prime now that might go against him as Mon is clearly building for the future. Also he has a habit of going awol if he doesn't get things his own way, ie being guaranteed a first team place.

If that club doesn't have a bid accepted then a spurious link in one of the daily rags is irrelevant. So just because a player is linked with Spurs, it doesn't automaticaly mean we have no chance.

Like with Young :D

Like with Young :D

Egg-zack-erly.

Yeah thats true.

We have Maloney, Berger, Barry and Young who can play left wing.

Young on the right. I'd be very surprised if a right sided player didnt come in as Gardner, Petrov or Gabby are all out of position when they play there.

That's a good point.

Oh, by the way....

WBA 02/03 player of the year, in the Premiership..........

Jason Koumas.......

Makes you wonder why with all that talent a big club hasn't taken a gamble on him. Is it just down to character and attitude?

It is.

His stinks.

Oh, by the way....

WBA 02/03 player of the year, in the Premiership..........

Jason Koumas.......

Makes you wonder why with all that talent a big club hasn't taken a gamble on him. Is it just down to character and attitude?

It is.

His stinks.

Based on what? Falling out with Bryan Robson, who after Steve McClaren, is probably the biggest waste of air in the world of football management.

Just to reiterate, Koumas was their player of the season. Bryan Robson decided he wasn't 'pulling his weight' so farmed him out to Cardiff, where he scored 13 goals in 44 appearances. He then went back, signed a new contract, battled for his place and is now their player of the year again.

Tha doesn't strike me as a particularlt bad attitude.