Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody has said we're going to sign Henry and he wasn't saying Gardner was better. That's the last I'll say about it because I'm not interested in debating.

Guest VillaFan1

I think villa are more of a brit signing side or a jock signign side to be honest i think its a case of MON doesnt have much knowledge of abroad as he,s allways spent his time in england or scotland.

Wouldnt it be nice to have links or actual bids for class like Florent Malouda David Silva or some people like that ?

Liverpool have the right idea ok they sign a lot fo DM,s now maybe they r thinkin more attacking as those 2 players is who they have been linked with.

Would be nice if villa could look abroad maybe as there is some real class out there its just a shame we dont europe to entice players.

Hard to sign world class when you have nothing to offer ! :x

Guest VillaFan1

And one more thing do i want the two liverpool rejects ? NO as i think bellamy will turn out like Baros and Kewell will spend all his time filling out sicknotes !

Guest VillaFan1

Hard to sign world class when you have nothing to offer !

I would strongly disagree with the statement that we "have nothing to offer"[/quote

Ya ok thats harsh we have a big club but big name stars want european football !

Hard to sign world class when you have nothing to offer !

I would strongly disagree with the statement that we "have nothing to offer"

Its the age old argument. A certain bracket of players will want to play in the champions league which we cannot offer.

Nothing we can do about that, say so is not being negative its the facts!

Some high profile players might not be too fussed, nobody knows who they are for sure.

If Liverpool werent so negative thingking they may have won against a pretty ordinary Milan (on the night anyway). But yes, they have bought so may good defensive midfielders hoping one will click alongside Gerrard. Too many average Spanish or spanish speaking players though. Thats their problem.

On the flip side we have a few decent all round midfielders in Petrov Barry and Gardner but could do with a couple of players in there. One an attacking midfielder and a player to break up play and has a bit of quality on the ball too.

I still think Kallstrom and Sneijder would be more than suitable if we could get them.

The only concern I would have with NRC is attitude. He's good enough to play for Villa and I think he'd get in the side ahead of Gardner at the present time. I'm not gonna get involved in comparisons because I dont think NRC and Gardner are mutually exclusive. They would both have a role to play in improving AVFC's performance.

I have watched Gardner play dozens of times for the academy, reserves and first team and I along with a number of other "reserve afficionados" have been saying for some considerable time that he could become a Villa legend. So my judgement is based on longterm experience and not just a knee jerk reaction.

Guest VillaFan1

My arguement sorta came out wrong ! just saying that without european football its hard to attract stars :?

Reo-Coker no thanks, sneijder, van der vaart yes please

MON could only be interested in Reo-Coker though, for example.

You may well be right Jez, the "top class players" that we have been told we will be targeting may well play in other positions but I'm sure that we will have ago for at least a couple of top players.

I'm sure that we will have ago for at least a couple of top players.

I hope we do too, as it would be important on so many levels. Whether we do actually sign them is another matter...

get reo coker, thought he was the only player to stand out when we beat them this year, quality young english midfielder who was on the verge of the england squad only a year ago. a couple of years ahead of gardner in his development and is the exact sort of player we want gardner to be challenging to get ahead of.

Nobody has said we're going to sign Henry and he wasn't saying Gardner was better. That's the last I'll say about it because I'm not interested in debating.
Know what you mean but... :shock: talk about letting it all hang out!