Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

We can do much better than Phil Jagielka

You sure, he is better than Ferrier at right back and thats not even his natural position!

Just because he plays for Sheffield doest mean he is worse!

People can forget Sneijder, he wants to go to Spain!

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With regards to the West Brom issue, they staying down and all the links to their players throughout the season, I do think MON has shortlisted three or four of their players (McShane, Davies, Koumas and Kamara), but only as 3rd or even 4th or 5th priority.

Obviously MON has drawn up a list of positions he wants filled and probably got 3, 4 or maybe even 5 names for each position. IMO all the WBA players are lower priorities should it prove difficult to bring in the main targets.

For fun I've made a list of the positions it seems MON is looking at and what players I believe he has on his shortlist (1st priorities named 1st and so on):

GK: Boruc, Gordon, ?

RB: Richards, Jagielka, Young, de Jong, McShane

CB: ?, ?, Davies (haven't got a clue really, but I don't think Davies is 1st choice)

LB: Antunes (cover for Bouma if we don't get Taylor?)

RM/RW: SWP, Milner, ?

LM/LW: Taylor, Cook

CM: Sneijder (don't think it will happen), Reo-Coker, Källström, Emana, Koumas

ST: Bellamy (yes I believe MON's fascination with Bellamy is quite big), Huntelaar, Bent, Fabiano, Kone, Kamara, Nugent, Naismith, Sharp

Out of those players I predict we'll end up with Gordon, Jagielka, Taylor, Reo-Coker and Bellamy. And probably two or three others (a CB amongst others) that my radar hasn't picked up yet. A long shot could be Norwegian CB Brede Hangeland of FC Copenhagen.

I think he's almost certain to sign a DM to replace McCann. As far as I see it, his biggest priorities are a new DM, a new striker, and a new GK.

I think he's almost certain to sign a DM to replace McCann. As far as I see it, his biggest priorities are a new DM, a new striker, and a new GK.

You forgot a new RB.

You forgot a new RB.

Which logoically has to be his number one priority as at the moment we have the inept defensively Aaron Hughes and the perma-crocked Mark De La Knee

You forgot a new RB.

Which logoically has to be his number one priority as at the moment we have the inept defensively Aaron Hughes and the perma-crocked Mark De La Knee

Kromkamp, Kromkamp !!

You forgot a new RB.

Kromkamp, Kromkamp !!

Did you see him at Liverpool?!

Hinkel's the man.

And Harry Redknapp saying that Taylor is not for sale. And with NRC holding out for a move to le Arse or ManUtd, it seems it will be a more difficult close season for MON than we would have hoped. Maybe we should start preparing the arrival of half the WBA squad afterall :winkold:

So who have we been linked with this morning?
Oh someone just invent a name. One that'll be good for 3 pages.

OK :)

Micheal Donkor, currently a defender for Ghanaian champions Accra Hearts of Oak, is rumoured to have been watched by one of our scouts. My wife's little cousin spelt his name out in alphabetti-spaghetti yesterday so it must be true :nod:

And Harry Redknapp saying that Taylor is not for sale. And with NRC holding out for a move to le Arse or ManUtd, it seems it will be a more difficult close season for MON than we would have hoped. Maybe we should start preparing the arrival of half the WBA squad afterall :winkold:

That is of course assuming that these mythical links are true. After all, no-one anywhere has managed to get a quote confirming that we were after either of these players. Just because we are linked by the Sun to a player who is then not for sale doesn't mean we've actually missed out on anyone.

So who have we been linked with this morning?
Oh someone just invent a name. One that'll be good for 3 pages.

OK :)

Micheal Donkor, currently a defender for Ghanaian champions Accra Hearts of Oak, is rumoured to have been watched by one of our scouts. My wife's little cousin spelt his name out in alphabetti-spaghetti yesterday so it must be true :nod:

Is he on youtube?

Not that I know of Pelle, and Storey-Moore being excited by the targets. This new setup is too professional for my liking :P I miss the verbal diarrhea from the previous regime at times like this :P

Not that I know of Pelle, and Storey-Moore being excited by the targets. This new setup is too professional for my liking :P I miss the verbal diarrhea from the previous regime at times like this :P

You know what, I don't think there are any targets. MON hasn't said anything about any player so I think he's pleased with what he's got. We won't get any new signings. And whatever MON feels, etc... :nod:

Villa next for Gravesen?

Read it here

Only if we get him for peanuts. He's too old for significant investment.