Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

We have a recent history of getting very late into the transfer market. Late July seems to be the date for our first signing for some reason, let's hope it changes this time around.

We won't have EVER had a summer like this one.

Trust me.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to reports, we may have missed out on snjeider:

I am a short link and easy to create

Their are constant stories on here and in the papers about where martin o neill has been and what games he has watched. Can someone make a list or put down what games we think he has been too.

Ill start:

Killie vs hearts

Monaco vs Marseille

This way we can get a firmer understanding of exactly who he may be watching, rather than just putting down random names.....

http://www.expressandstar.co.uk/2007/05/28/villa-set-to-lose-out-on-sneijder/

Villa set to lose out on Sneijder

Villa are ready to look elsewhere

for a midfielder after Valencia bid £10m for Ajax star Wesley Sneijder.

Manager Martin O’Neill is an admirer of the 22-year-old Holland international and watched him in the Dutch Cup final against AZ Aljkmaar.

But Valencia have now stepped in with a firm offer and sources believe the player fancies trying his luck in Spain.

O’Neill ideally wants to sign British-based players, but a proposed move for £4m-rated Celtic keeper Artur Boruc could now be off limits because it is believed the Parkhead club don’t want a third top player to be signed by O’Neill after Stiliyan Petrov and Shaun Maloney.

Hm, the strongest hint that we're really looking to sign Sneijder comes when it's most probable we won't get him. shame in one way, but at the same time maybe a good sign. I think it hints that we won't hear anything for sure about which players we're after before it's too late or we've got them. Which also tells me that we were never after Distin or Muntari. Encouraging, even if we could've done with Sneijder.

i honestly think that Bellamy could do for us what he did at Blackburn. I would be happy if he signed but i wouldn't go upwards of £8m

However, and i am afraid this is one of those "friend of a friend" things, i have been told by a friend who knows an Aston Villa physio that Bellamy does not want to move to Villa and also, the reason that this Matt Taylor thing is taking forever and going round in circles is because Portsmouth are hoping to spark a bidding war and Taylor wants more options than just Villa. Don't shoot the messenger but i thought i would pass it on. I don't know how a physio would know anything but thats what my mate told me. Read into it what you will but i would just wait and see

after Valencia bid £10m for Ajax star Wesley Sneijder

I would be very pissed off if Villa backed away just because Valencia made a bid! We've got to try and compete

EDIT: This is geting stupid from tribal football! about the 7th rumour of the day!

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill is ready to pounce for Hamburg midfielder Nigel de Jong.

The former Ajax star is contracted to Hamburg until 2010, but is being transfer-listed this summer according to French reports.

Villa, PSV and AZ Alkmaar are early suitors for De Jong, who is available for a knockdown £2 million.

link

Monaco vs Marseille

I thought that was just a rumour, and we then found out that he wasn't at that one he was actually at the Ajax vs Alkmaar game which was the same night? As that article pretty much backs up.

http://www.expressandstar.co.uk/2007/05/28/villa-set-to-lose-out-on-sneijder/

Villa set to lose out on Sneijder

Villa are ready to look elsewhere

for a midfielder after Valencia bid £10m for Ajax star Wesley Sneijder.

Manager Martin O’Neill is an admirer of the 22-year-old Holland international and watched him in the Dutch Cup final against AZ Aljkmaar.

But Valencia have now stepped in with a firm offer and sources believe the player fancies trying his luck in Spain.

O’Neill ideally wants to sign British-based players, but a proposed move for £4m-rated Celtic keeper Artur Boruc could now be off limits because it is believed the Parkhead club don’t want a third top player to be signed by O’Neill after Stiliyan Petrov and Shaun Maloney.

This means nothing!

The press know about as much of MONs targets as we do!

but a proposed move for £4m-rated Celtic keeper Artur Boruc could now be off limits because it is believed the Parkhead club don’t want a third top player to be signed by O’Neill after Stiliyan Petrov and Shaun Maloney.

Don't they fully understand their role as our feeder club?

Just hand him over Celtic, don't get ideas above your station.

because it is believed the Parkhead club don’t want a third top player to be signed by O’Neill

I'm sorry but why does it matter to them who is signing their players ? Are they saying they don't mind Boruc going elsewhere, just not to MON? Football doesn't work like that AFAIK.

because it is believed the Parkhead club don’t want a third top player to be signed by O’Neill

I'm sorry but why does it matter to them who is signing their players ? Are they saying they don't mind Boruc going elsewhere, just not to MON? Football doesn't work like that AFAIK.

Sounds a bit strange to me too, I have to admit. Seems more like a pissed off Celtic fans comments.

They are getting a tad jealous, are they not?