Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With regards to Bellamy again, I just don't see what he would bring that we haven't already got!

We need a pure, proven, out and out goalscorer.

Bellamy is not this.

no he isn't but I think MON see's him and Carew as a good partnership ...

bellamy is certainly a player to split views, if we signed him the thread would go to 50 pages plus ...

Gabby is a better player/partner for Carew

Precisely! I just prefer to stick with Gabby rather than spend (waste) cash on a little welsh tosser who's had about one decent season in top flight football.

I agree, leaving aside the fact that Bellamy is absolute scum, I can't see that he'd improve us enough for the money he'd cost.

Agree 100%!

we all agree we need another forward, you can not go into a season with what we have, they other forward will be a 'big name', it is only a matter of who.

there is nothing wrong with competiton.

people on here have entioned Bent for xample, would Gabby play then ?

Guest VillaFan1
**** MCcann as i dont rate him at all he proved his worth at the end of the season with some absolute doomers !

**** MCcann i wish we could of got simplicio a while back now that would be a good replacement for him !

Out of order Villafan! McCann did his best for us and if his best is not now good enough then there is no need to abuse a player who always gave 100 percent for us.

Still i wouldnt say hes prem standard and when he has a bad day my god he really does !

yeah ok he gives 100 percent but i,d still have one like simplicio over him !

He needs replacing for a better DM !

FACT

we all agree we need another forward, you can not go into a season with what we have, they other forward will be a 'big name', it is only a matter of who.

there is nothing wrong with competiton.

people on here have entioned Bent for xample, would Gabby play then ?

Would Gabby play if we bought Bellamy?

My point is I'd prefer us just to play Gabby, rather than buy Bellamy. However, if we bought someone like Bent, I'd be quite happy for Gabby to see a lot more of the bench.

so it i all about the player and the fact is MON is paid £3m a year to make these descions ....

thats want I meant about Bellamy creating thsi kind of debate ....

Craig Bellamy's goalscoring record is 0ne in three

Darren Bent's is about one in 2.7 ....

Darren Bent is an out and out goalscorer, who has excelled in a shite team. Bellamy isn't an out and out striker, has played in much bigger teams, and has singularly failed to set the world alight.

If we are going to buy a forward, I'd much, much rather it was an out and out striker like Bent. I think Gabby and Luke are better strikers than Bellamy, and Maloney and Young are better wide players. We really don't need him.

so it i all about the player and the fact is MON is paid £3 a year to make these descions ....

thats want I meant about Bellamy creating thsi kind of debate ....

Craig Bellamy's goalscoring record is 0ne in three

Darren Bent's is about one in 2.7 ....

At Coventry, Newcastle, Blackburn and Liverpool. vs At Charlton.

Quite important to remember that imo as it makes 1 in 2.7 look very good.

I'm a big fan of Darren Bents, i think his all round game is under-rated. He is a very direct player so doesnt always look as good doing it as a flair player might, but he does link very well and plays some good killer balls.

btw in regards to some of the harsh words for mccann, i think it is out of order also. He has been a loyal servant for the club, and granted that he maybe isn't good enough i think some of the criticism is unduely harsh.

Ok, so my 2p's worth on Bellamy: I think Bent, Owen, Ashton, Gabby and Moore are better or just as good and all potentially gettable.

In terms of Midfield, I think NRC isn't excellent, but could be, and given his age would be worth a gamble. However, add Gabby, Moore, Ridge, Cahill, Davis and Gardener, plus Young and Maloney, thats a lot of inexperience so I think MON would be tempted to splash the cash elsewhere.

Wesley Sneijder would be my number one signing, with Matty Taylor to cover left wing and left back. I've gone off Barton slightly, but I think Bentley has a massive future. Scott Parker is an excellent midfielder as well.

At the back, I'm not aware of anyone mentioning this, but Paulo Ferreira is leaving Chelski and would add a lot of quality at right back, certainly more than Hughes or Luke Young.

My 5 summer signings would therefore be:

Darren Bent (£14m)

Paulo Ferreira (£3m)

Wesley Sneijder (no idea how much he'll be... any ideas??)

Matty Taylor (£6m)

Craig Gorden (8m)

With Samual, Hendrie, Sutton, Djemba-Djemba, Taylor and McCann leaving.

Ok, so my 2p's worth on Bellamy: I think Bent, Owen, Ashton, Gabby and Moore are better or just as good and all potentially gettable.

In terms of Midfield, I think NRC isn't excellent, but could be, and given his age would be worth a gamble. However, add Gabby, Moore, Ridge, Cahill, Davis and Gardener, plus Young and Maloney, thats a lot of inexperience so I think MON would be tempted to splash the cash elsewhere.

Wesley Sneijder would be my number one signing, with Matty Taylor to cover left wing and left back. I've gone off Barton slightly, but I think Bentley has a massive future. Scott Parker is an excellent midfielder as well.

At the back, I'm not aware of anyone mentioning this, but Paulo Ferreira is leaving Chelsea and would add a lot of quality at right back, certainly more than Hughes or Luke Young.

My 5 summer signings would therefore be:

Darren Bent (£14m)

Paulo Ferreira (£3m)

Wesley Sneijder (no idea how much he'll be... any ideas??)

Matty Taylor (£6m)

Craig Gorden (8m)

With Samual, Hendrie, Sutton, Djemba-Djemba, Taylor and McCann leaving.

Judging by that figure i don't think you have a clue on how much Ferreira would cost either????!?!!!!!! :shock: :roll:

ahhhhhh watford have signed mart poom, why aren't we doing anything yet, this is a disgrace blah blah blah!

:lol: :oops:

Such a disrespectful post. I would´ve expected much more from you than this kind of humiliating to my intelligence. Trying to score funny points by making me look stupid is the lowest I´ve seen on this site...

It is totally clear to me that you dont understand anything of what I have been saying on this thread, and that is sad...for you.

ferreira cost £14m, has played 38 times this season and has consistenly played shit. So 1 we wont get him, 2 he would cost £10m+ if we wanted him and 3 we're better off playing hughes

So our signings are gonna be...

Boruc 6mil or Gordon 8mil

Young 2mil or Jagielka 5mil

Reo Coker 8mil

Taylor 5mil

SWP 10mil

Bellamy 8mil

Things look encouraging

That's a good list and I'd be quite happy with that lot, but bearing in mind Ian Storey-Moore's latest comments I'm positive we'll see some signings (or at least attempts) from abroad as well. Just wonder who it'll be. I would prefer Appiah or Sneijder, but I suppose it could be anybody. Kompany, van der Vaart, Toure, Kone, Huntelaar, Emana, Nasri...??

(See I haven't even included Kaka, Ronaldinho et al :winkold: )