Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

From what I've heard MON is hard as nails. From the Clough school. So I don't see any player that fee;ls he's the dogs being a problem to him.

Oh.. I'd love Reo-Coker at the Villa. He went off the boil due to Spam going back on promises to him last summer I think!?!

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NRC Story here

West Ham captain Nigel Reo-Coker has handed in a transfer request, according to the player's advisor.

Hammers boss Alan Curbishley has told the 23-year-old midfielder he will listen to offers in the region of £8m.

Reo-Coker's advisor Tony Finnigan said: "I can confirm that Nigel has handed in a transfer request. I am surprised as captain he is being allowed to leave.

"At the end of the day he never felt wanted but I am sure he will have a bright future elsewhere."

Reo-Coker joined West Ham from Wimbledon in January 2004.

Tottenham, Arsenal, Aston Villa and Newcastle are expected to join the race to sign the England Under-21 international.

I have seen NRC many times but never really paid notice to him.

How do you rate him?

All the talk is of Tevez but West Spam started to pick up results when he was recalled to the team and began running their midfield. It was only last summer (or summer before) that Manure and the Arse both offered 10m for him. What I heard was the Spammers told him that if he stayed another season they'd allow him to move so he and his agent told said clubs this only for the spammers to go back on their word, which pissed him off hence the shite performances for alot of the season. No surprise that I feel is a promise of 'help us stay up and you can move' has resulted in some great later season performances and wow, a potentail move at the end of this season.

I see him as potentailly a cockney Ian Taylor with a hint of the Viera about him. His game is similar IMO. He'd fit in superbly. The spammers will struggle like **** without him, moreso than the illegal immigrant upfront.

This guy was captain of Wimbledon at something like 19, such was how much he impressed the manager. Says to me a player with a winning mentality. So he went off the boil at West Spam. It happens in any industry. And when your bosses lie to you your otivation will take a battering.

Please sign him Martin!!!

I also rate NRC very highly. When a whole team goes off the boil the best players unfairly get singled out by fans as better is expected. When in reality their game is suffering due to the crap around them. When West Ham brought some new players and Tevez started firing, we started to see the best of NRC also but all the attention went on Tevez.

Would be a great signing IMHO.

I also like the fact that he was very much wanted by Arsene Wenger but didn't go there because they couldn't spend the money. Like the situation with Curtis Davies who is a player I would really like to see at Villa Park. If Derby promote instead of WBA I would like us to go for him as soon as possible, a swap with Ridge and some cash? I am not saying everything Arsene says is the truth, I just like the fact that he was very much into NRC last time around.

I was very impressed with him in the latter stage of the season when WH earned the spit for next season. This can be related to the fact that every player played their heart out though, but I would much rather have NRC than that weasle Sidwell who is going to flop bigtime over at the Bridge.

We are maybe after Taylor, Bellamy, NRC and a players such as Gordon.

"Alarming" thing is that these are players everyone we compete with can afford. Newcastle, Man City and Everton etc. It might turn out to

be a pick and grab situation, where every player goes to different clubs. I hope we have something special lined up. Darren Bent or Sneijder perhaps?

i can't really see what NRC woud bring to the team

From what I know perhaps the same as McCann, only with better passing and attacking capabilities. A worrier, yet being able to penetrate someones defence unlike Macca who doesn't know how to pass 5 yards in front of him :)

I'd take Reo Coker over Barton any day of the week.

Probably equally good players, but I could never bring myself to cheer for a nut like Barton. NRC has IMO been treated badly by both the club and the fans and I think it's incredible that he's been able to finish the season like he has in those kind of surroundings.

We are maybe after Taylor, Bellamy, NRC and a players such as Gordon.

"Alarming" thing is that these are players everyone we compete with can afford. Newcastle, Man City and Everton etc. It might turn out to

be a pick and grab situation, where every player goes to different clubs. I hope we have something special lined up. Darren Bent or Sneijder perhaps?

This is when the club which sells themselves the best will get the player. Money wont be the issue, more a case of which club shows they have the credentials to go places. MON could well be the key factor here.

I like him, think he is a good player but, I think a playmaker/flair player should be a priority.

I think we need to be solid in the middle and then our flair can from the wings and if needed, the bench. A midfield of:

Taylor - Barry - Reo-Coker - Young

Would dominate most teams. Both Barry and NRC can both attack and defend and we would also have the options of Petrov, Gardner, Berger and Maloney if we wanted another approach.

I like him, think he is a good player but, I think a playmaker/flair player should be a priority.

How about both?

I think there is a problem in fitting them into the team, Petrov already occupies one of the centre midfield spots so reasonably we need one other player to fit in beside him and ultimately replace McCann. We need someone who can play the killer pass, someone who will score 10 goals in season.

But the arguement against is, the midfield would be prone to attack, which would give our defence a problem so, yes you could buy both but that would mean having to consider dropping Petrov and will MoN do this, hmmmm im not sure he will

Just to get my head round this lot then so far then main speculation seems to be... Reo Coker, Matty Taylor, Bellamy, and Craig Gordon then?...With Jagielka another possibility. That would make five decent signings and probably not much change out of £40-50M!!