Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

That's not really the point I'm making. I'm just saying that the Spurs collect midfielders like Arsenal used to collect centre backs. Of course he should get his game there, but his agent might just draw his attention to the LONG list of midfielders who have had issues there.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not really the point I'm making. I'm just saying that the Spurs collect midfielders like Arsenal used to collect centre backs. Of course he should get his game there, but his agent might just draw his attention to the LONG list of midfielders who have had issues there.

I hope not, because if agents did that we would never sign another striker. :)

I find it absolutely unbelievable that people are moaning about signings we haven't even made and complaining about the lack of transfer activity even though THE TRANSFER WINDON HAS NOT OFFICIALLY OPENED!!! there is about 4 clubs that have made signings yet people are already complaining that we haven't made any 'big signings'

For christ sake nothing much is gonna happen until July anyway because a lot of clubs need to sort out contracts before they think of selling or buying amongst other reasons that i'm not going into. Honestly...Villa fans....

Then if he does go because of the money then we are better off without him!

I want to see more Carews of this world at our club, i dont want us to become Chelsea or West Ham, i want players that actually want to play for Aston Villa Football Club

That's a good question, if the transfer market has not yet opened, how come there are deals going through? Is it like a pre-agreement or something, and if so, should a player change his mind, could he legally back out of that agreement after it has been announced?

The point being, Sorensen was in the bottom team at sunderland

He spent an awful lot of that season out injured. Many people thought that him being out was the reason that they became so bad.

Not injured, dropped.

Not dropped, injured.

With a variety of knee and elbow injuries.

He was dropped in October and recalled in Jan, to many supporters suprise as Macho was playing well. Either way he still played the majority of the season.

That's a good question, if the transfer market has not yet opened, how come there are deals going through? Is it like a pre-agreement or something, and if so, should a player change his mind, could he legally back out of that agreement after it has been announced?

I always though a player can be brought any time but can only make the move when the window had opened. He wouldnt be able to change his mind because the deal has been done already.

Is this right?

He was dropped in October and recalled in Jan, to many supporters suprise as Macho was playing well. Either way he still played the majority of the season.

Well he actually wasn't

Sunderland goalkeeper Thomas Sorensen will be out of action until the new year after dislocating his elbow in yesterday's 3-1 defeat at Arsenal.

Link

He played in 21 league games that season, going off injured in two of them. Those injuries being the ones that kept him out for the other games.

just a side issue, but will it make a difference who we sign by the way we deal with the agents?

that program by panarama has reminded me how managers like harry redknapp and big sam managed to get loads of players in who were of a decent standard. however, as we are normally 'whiter than white' to quote a corrupt polititian, do people think it will hinder us in out bid to sign some of these top european players?

after all, most clubs will now have the money to spend, so there needs to be a 'deal breaker' in most cases to tempt players. i know in a perfect world we would only have players who wanted to bleed claret and blue, however, in the real world a good deal of football players will be in it for themselves and will go to who pays the most and who their agent earns the most from the deal.

Have any of you seen Bale play? I watched him and he aint all he's cracked up to be, I remember when we introduced a 17yr old away to Sheff Wed and hes still Quality! Barry was far more gifted at that age, if Bale is worth 10mill then Barry is worth 20mill.