Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

But it could also be a catastrophical buy if he doesn't develop. that's the thing with youngsters. You never know. Especailly goalkeepers. They rely very much on confidence and if that gets down in a young age they can find it hard to get back again.

And the one who compared Villa to Watford this season. Watford is a crap team, Villa has been a bad team. Sörensen played a big part in the team who finished 6th a couple of years ago. That wasn't crap, was it?

I never compared Villa and Watford, I compared Sunderland and Watford and then pointed out how Villa was a poor team in which Sorensen had reached his level. And all this was only in response to the claim that any keeper, in this case foster, would be praised when playing for the bottom team as they are busier. The point being, Sorensen was in the bottom team at sunderland, and he didnt get anything like the reviews Foster has being getting. Plus the comment you make about if he didnt fulfil his potential he'd be a terrible signing? To an extent true, but i think you've missed our point. We dont think Foster is better because of his potential. To my mind he is already better, and then he's got his potential as well.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point being, Sorensen was in the bottom team at sunderland

He spent an awful lot of that season out injured. Many people thought that him being out was the reason that they became so bad. That poor side also finished seventh with Tommy in goal for a couple of seasons.

didnt get anything like the reviews Foster has being getting

From time to time, the British press have been known to build up young, British prospects to a higher level than they really warrant.

I think Foster could become an excellent keeper. But as has been said, the keeper for the team that always loses has a lot of opportunities to look amazing. If they save eight shots but concede four goals, they can look stunning. See Stefan Postma vs Arsenal a couple of seasons ago. The mark of a great keeper in my opinion (as someone said earlier) is to sit there and have nothing to do all game, and then pull of a great save in the last minute as Sorensen did against Liverpool and West Ham.

We better get to some cup finals as these are the only games Kewell miraculously gets fit for. Stretchered off in Istanbul yet the first player to run and congratulate Dudek after the shoot out. Injured most of last season yet my god was fit for the world cup!!

Well Distin has now officially signed for pompey so we can stop mentioning him every page!

And Spurs have showed their intentions and started their big spend by agreeing a fee with Southampton (£10m+?) for Gareth Bale who is to have a medical and is expected to sign by the end of the week.

Come on Villa - where are our big money top class signings? :roll:

Well Distin has now officially signed for pompey so we can stop mentioning him every page!

And Spurs have showed their intentions and started their big spend by agreeing a fee with Southampton (£10m+?) for Gareth Bale who is to have a medical and is expected to sign by the end of the week.

Nobody knows what the fee was, it was undisclosed along with the fact that Saints have denied it!

So all that has happened is Pompy has acquired someone on a free.

Villa are hardly trailing behind the pack are they!?

Thinking about all Villa's fee's for any players should be undisclosed then fans wont be able to throw it in their faces when they are not performing at the 'level' they should be for their price! :roll:

Nobody knows what the fee was, it was undisclosed along with the fact that Saints have denied it!

So all that has happened is Pompy has acquired someone on a free.

Villa are hardly trailing behind the pack are they!?

Thinking about all Villa's fee's for any players should be undisclosed then fans wont be able to throw it in their faces when they are not performing at the 'level' they should be for their price! :roll:

They agreed a fee of £10m in January but Bale wanted to stay at Saints - I wouldn't imagine that they would now bid less! Southampton initially denied it but have now confirmed it is true. Did we want Bale - probably not.

Comment re where are our signings was a joke! I have every confidence in MON but we definitely need new signings BEFORE PRE-SEASON training commences to allow plenty of time before season starts.

The point being, Sorensen was in the bottom team at sunderland

He spent an awful lot of that season out injured. Many people thought that him being out was the reason that they became so bad.

Not injured, dropped.

Not dropped, injured.

With a variety of knee and elbow injuries.

If we are even interested in Sneijder and if Spurs are really interested.

Who would he go to?

If Spurs got him their midfield would look quite impressive, really trying to break into the top 4 and make it a top 5!

Who would he go to?

If Spurs got him their midfield would look quite impressive, really trying to break into the top 4 and make it a top 5!

No doubting the class of Sneijder, but Spurs have become something of a midfielders grave yard of late. Manys a quality players has gone there in recent seasons, only to find they can't get a game.

We better get to some cup finals as these are the only games Kewell miraculously gets fit for. Stretchered off in Istanbul yet the first player to run and congratulate Dudek after the shoot out. Injured most of last season yet my god was fit for the world cup!!

wrong way around..... he was fit for weeks to the CL final.. got injured.

same case with the FA Cup Final got injured.

World cup.. getting his form back got injured before 2nd round.

poor blokes due to score the winner tomorrow

Come on Villa - where are our big money top class signings?

we end up with players from Championship league and Scotland if we not hurry up a bit

"panic on the streets of Birmingham" (thanks Morrisey), calm down people FFS

Who would he go to?

No doubting the class of Sneijder, but Spurs have become something of a midfielders grave yardof late. Manys a quality players has gone there in recent seasons, only to find they can't get a game.

If Jenas can get a game, then Sneijder certainly can.