Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

English eyes on Albert

Skysports.com understands a number of Premiership sides are hoping to lure Albert Riera back to England.

Espanyol winger Riera had a spell on loan at Manchester City last season before returning to Spain in the summer.

The 25-year-old has won his place back in the Espanyol side and has established himself as a key member of Ernesto Valverde's side.

Riera has been instrumental in helping Espanyol reach the Uefa Cup final and his form has alerted several Premiership suitors.

A number of clubs are thought to be ready to undertake a watching brief on Riera during Wednesday's Uefa Cup final with Sevilla.

Riera's English representative Peter Harrison, who is the business partner of Riera's agent Angel Castell, confirmed a number of Premiership clubs were tracking the Spaniard.

"Albert has had a great season with Espanyol and he would love the chance to test himself in England again," Harrison told skysports.com.

"A number of clubs are tracking him and some will be watching him in the Uefa Cup final."

Clicky

Not sure if this has been mentioned already but does anyone think we may be after him?

he didnt set the premiership alight at man city but if he was cheap he would give us another option. i guess we dont have a player like him in the squad.

as for Konchesky mentioned earlier....tribal football has a habit of predicting bollocks

lets hope this is the case again!

It's quite annoying the was people say Tribalfootball predicts things. Tribalfootball does not write the stories. All of the rumors on Tribalfootball are from different sources, such as newspapers. It is not Tribalfootball saying these things, so Tribalfotball doesn't predict bollocks. It is the various newspapers that predict bollocks.

i don`t think you can judge riera by his time at man city.From what i saw of him last night and a few other times he looks to have some quality.If he was to cost us 2-3 million 4 at a stretch i think it would be a good signing.

i don`t think you can judge riera by his time at man city.From what i saw of him last night and a few other times he looks to have some quality.If he was to cost us 2-3 million 4 at a stretch i think it would be a good signing.

But then some players can't transfer their Spanish/Italian/French form to the English leagues. Surely Riera's Man City form is a better thing to judge him with (in terms of his suitability for us) than his Espanyol form?

But then some players can't transfer their Spanish/Italian/French form to the English leagues. Surely Riera's Man City form is a better thing to judge him with (in terms of his suitability for us) than his Espanyol form?

I'd say you're both right. Of course it's important to judge him from his time in the PL if he's to play in it again, but on the other hand he might has developed and turned a lot better since the last time, so you never know. I'm very confident that MON, if looking at this player which I don't think he is, takes all this in his planning and calculation before he makes any move. AndI'm confident he'll do the right thing.

How about Chris Baird from Southampton?

Looked exceptional against Derby.

Not saying that your suggestion is a bad one, but I want players who look good against United, exceptional against Spurs, etc, not against Derby. See what I mean?

Is Distin out of contract?

Yes.

Couple of quid saved then.

Can anyone think of anyone else that is out of contract? Draw up a list of freebies.

Distin and Viduka are the only ones that spring to mind.

Oh and Titus Bramble :winkold:

Not saying that your suggestion is a bad one, but I want players who look good against United, exceptional against Spurs, etc, not against Derby. See what I mean?

Yes I do Pelle, he just struck me as someone who would want to come, who would be happy to be part of our squad, who is whole hearted and although he might not be the sort of big name we have now set our sights on, I don't think every signing we make this summer will be in the shock & awe category.