Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well he's been linked to Villa, Newcastle and Liverpool as well so maybe he's not

Yep and West Ham too.

West Ham staying up is not good news, they are being linked to every player going now, so expect them to try and steal every player that we look to sign.

anyone picking West Ham over Villa this summer will automatically be a money-grabbing shitbag, and thus the type of player we dont want in the first place

yeah, but even the ones who pick Villa over West ham... we're gonna end up paying double money for, just cos West Ham will force the price up with silly bids.

Jagielka is very good player and Benitez looks interested and he don't make transfer mistakes very often.He is also MON type of player 26 years old, very determined and I want him at VP.

Zenden, Mark Gonzalez, Jan Kromkamp, Josemi, Pellegrino etc etc, the list is endless!

Also he has spent 80M in three years!

Jagielka is exactly the type of player i expect MON to be interested in. Young, talented and not massively overpriced.

People talking about Ribery and Snijder are just reading comics, its not going to happen!

anyone picking West Ham over Villa this summer will automatically be a money-grabbing shitbag, and thus the type of player we dont want in the first place

yeah, but even the ones who pick Villa over West ham... we're gonna end up paying double money for, just cos West Ham will force the price up with silly bids.

well if its for players of Young's calibre then I dont think thats a big deal

Zenden, Mark Gonzalez, Jan Kromkamp, Josemi, Pellegrino etc etc, the list is endless!

Also he has spent 80M in three years!

Rocafella, I often disagree with you, but here you are spot on, the amount of dross that Benitez has signed from the Spanish league is unbelieveable, the fact that his team are still nowhere near the Premiership is testament to this. I don't want Jagielka, certainly not for £6m.

Jagielka is exactly the type of player i expect MON to be interested in. Young, talented and not massively overpriced.

People talking about Ribery and Snijder are just reading comics, its not going to happen!

Can I just say regarding Sneijder. I've trawled all kinds of media sources looking for justification as to why he would be out of our league. I found some information regarding european clubs and I found one fan site for Man U where a fan stated he would like to sign him, and another fan site for Liverpool that is TWO YEARS old. He is far from unrealistic, in fact I think he is exactly the level of player we're after. Ribery is a stretch I agree, but we're not talking about Ronaldinho here. what are the reason's we could not attract Sneijder?

1) He will go to a bigger club.

2) He's too expensive

The leaders in the race for his signature are so far Valencia and Bayern. I'm not saying Villa are near these clubs at the minute but Valencia have not yet met Ajax valuation. They have offered 8m euros with an additional 4m euro's as an add on. £8m total then. Bayern have offered a straight 14m euro's though Bayern doesnt actually hold a massive allure as it used to. In fact Bayern fans have actually described themselves as being a smaller club than Bremen now and have missed out on Champions League. If we were to match Bayerns bid, with the lure of the prem I think he'd be very interested specifically with all the new facilities and commercial partners. Never underestimate how fickle footballers are, these small details count.

TBH if Martin is gonna raid Celtic for another player, he should go for Nakamura. I reakon he would jump at the chance to come to the Premier League, and Villa. Awesome talent too

Not for me. He's isn't anything special beyond his set-pieces.

Sorry for being a bit more realistic, but I see Richard Wright has been released by Everton.

Would do for back up goalkeeper, would he not?

not much better than taylor and injury prone so he doesn't seem worth it. i reckon he'll drop down a level to be someone's 1st choice after being backup for so long, back to ipswich perhaps.

The more I think of it Klaas-Jan Huntelaar would be a great signing, he is one of the most natural finishers I have seen, a bit in the van Nistelrooy mold if you ask me.

I am not sure one of the top clubs have set their sights on him, if not then it's worth a shot?