Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be absolutely delighted if we got Distin, for me him and Laursen would be brilliant together in the middle of our defence and it would be nicely balanced, Distin loves to bring the ball out and pass it so he could gel with Laursen very well,

Could he be thinking of Olly as RB like he plays Internationally?

But for a keeper all you have to do is stand inbetween the sticks and do wht you do best aslong as he is assured and confident he will do the buisness

I don't agree - if that were the case - there would be no point replacing tommy.

Lets not forget bocu is from the league where Petrov was freescoring - he will not have faced, the ronaldo's - drogba's of this world. To me it looks like a massive gamble - much prefer jaskalien from bolton - probably the best keeper outside the top 4.

BTW - hear liverppol want £4m for scott carson .......who on earth is going to pay that, for that turkey !

Would be a good squad player and could only improve us, vastly underrated.

People need to remember we're not going to go and sign Ribery not even SWP now, so who else is there?

Aim higher? Higher for who?

Perspective people!

Milner is exactly the type & level of player we are after. Young - on the fringes of international - bags of potential -but knows he still has work to do to reach his peak.

The last thing we want is a load of big time charlies strutting round like thay are to good for the place.

But for a keeper all you have to do is stand inbetween the sticks and do wht you do best aslong as he is assured and confident he will do the buisness

WRONG!.... a good keeper is contantly talking to and organising his defence. Remmebr the fall outs we have seen between Olly and Tommy, mainly due to Tommy not being loud enough.

As well as a good shot stopper what made Rupolph Schmichel such a great keeper at Manure was his organisation of the defence

I felt sorry for him and for us when Newcastle pulled the plug on the deal last year at the very last moment. I'm sure he would want to come, it's just a question of whether the new manager will want to keep him and of whether Martin would want to go back in for him if he was available. If Martin does want him then that would be fine with me.

On the strikers fornt, if Carew gets a knock (which he may well do) and Gabby is a bit burnt out (which would be understandable) then we would be stuck with Luke Moore and a square peg next season - and if we want to seriously gun for Europe next term then that would be a major setback.

It's not about replacements, it's about options.

I'd be absolutely delighted if we got Distin, for me him and Laursen would be brilliant together in the middle of our defence and it would be nicely balanced, Distin loves to bring the ball out and pass it so he could gel with Laursen very well,

Could he be thinking of Olly as RB like he plays Internationally?

I doubt it to be honest, for me Mellberg never looked completely comfortable playing there at the start of this season, i'd expect a totally new right back and if we do get Distin then Mellberg may well find himself on the bench. which would give us fantastic depth at the back.

Seem to remember people saying that about Petrov. - To sign a keeper from the scottish league is Madness in my book.

to snub a player just because he plays in the scottish league is madness in my book

Petrov has taken a lot of time to settle, but what he has shown is that on his day he is one of our best players, and on current form in the more defensive role a big improvement than McCann.

Boruc is a top quality player, he's probably overrated by the Celtic fans, but he is still a quality player, who hasn't just showed that in the SPL, but in the Champions league and the World Cup.

One thing that is for sure IMO, is that he is a better keeper than Sorensen, i rate Tommy and wouldn't be that dissapointed if he was our number 1 next year, but he isn't capable of playing for one of the european giants, which Boruc is.

i'd be delighted if we just signed Luke Young and Distin for the defence and then spent more money to get the better players in midfield and attack.

If we brought in Distin it would be perfect, not only because he can cover Bouma as well as playing centre back, but he will enable Cahill to get plenty of playing time throughout the season if we get one or two injuries, rather than having 2 left back and 4 centre backs where Cahill might not get much time on the pitch and gradually want to move on for first team football