Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

News Now has a report linking us with the man i've been raving about on these forums for a while, Sully Muntari, i don't know how true the link is but it's an article from a Ghana website so there might be something in it, i certainly hope there is because he's a top four midfielder in my opinion, .

Yes, now we're getting somewhere although, as I've said several times already, e.g. page 14 and 17 on this thread, I'd take Appiah over Muntari any day.

However this Muntari rumour seems to have started on FansFc, which is from what I can understand, a place where most people can have "their" rumours published. So probably nothing in it.

Celtic Goalie - don't know his name and don't want to - I don't want any more ex celtic players

any others ?

So we shouldn't sign someone based on what club they play for? Boruc is a good improvement on Sorensen & it shouldn't matter if he comes from Celtic, Dagenham & Redbridge or Real Madrid, if they're good enough & want to join then why not?

I agree we shouldn't be looking for Celtic players just for the fun of it as it might have looked like in the past, but they have ONE player who certainly would make us better and that is Artur Boruc, so forget the Celtic talk. Sure, if we were talking about Balde, Lennon, Nakamura and other very mediocre and sure to make a minimal impact-players then so be it, but Artur Boruc is absolute class.

How about Nakamura, I think we would have a chance of getting him and he's the type of creative midfielder we are looking for.

Nakamura could be the long term replacement of berger that we are looking for!

I think Saha might be available in the summer as Fergie is pissed off about his constant injury problems

and you think we'd love his injury problems ? ;):)

hmmm... woudlnt mind Saha here

Cant see either Defoe or Keane leaving. Spurs are on par with us tbh so cant see them moving even if they aint getting the games. I also think Saha is better than the two - which is a chance of mind as I thought Saha was shat when in his first season for Man U. Him and Carew up front - WOW. He isnt that injury prone is he

How about Nakamura, I think we would have a chance of getting him and he's the type of creative midfielder we are looking for.

Nakamura could be the long term replacement of berger that we are looking for!

Beyond his excellent set pieces, Nakamura isn't actually that good.

if charlton go down then Darren Bent HAS to be a main summer target. I think there will be abit of competition for him but we do need a 15-20+goal striker.

why another stirker... why I think Gabby and Moore are excellent and have promising potential, but they aint going to bring in 15+ goals. Players like Bent and Saha will!

if charlton go down then Darren Bent HAS to be a main summer target. I think there will be abit of competition for him but we do need a 15-20+goal striker.

why another stirker... why I think Gabby and Moore are excellent and have promising potential, but they aint going to bring in 15+ goals. Players like Bent and Saha will!

I think it's a shame that Charlton look as though they're staying up.

If Fulham lose today, they are down! Not going to win any of their games after todays.

That would suggest no Darren Bent, unless Charlton decide to cash in on him? Tv money though could put an end to that.

As for Defoe, have always liked to maybe see him here, but I'm a bit undecided now, with the form of Gabby and the clear ability Moore possesses, not sure.

this thing about the 20 goal a season bloke is a myth

yes to win the title you need one but we need three forwards between them to score 40, that would be much better

Very much agree with that comment. Possibly get a couple of 10-goal midfielders too. Barry is one, hopefully Petrov?

this thing about the 20 goal a season bloke is a myth

yes to win the title you need one but we need three forwards between them to score 40, that would be much better

Agreed, Michael Owen has never scored 20 league goals in a season and its league goals that count, right?

I like Bent and I like Ashton but I'm sure MR O'Neill has a plan already.

How about Scott Carson? We'd get him relatively cheap, and I've seen nothing this season to say that he was overhyped earlier in his career.

The one man i think we should have a look at as far as strikers go is the boy Yakubu, i think he's a sitting duck at Boro and i'm sure he'll want a change this summer, Boro are going nowhere right now and he's only 24 and is a proven 15/20 goal getter, i think he'd cost a lot less than Bent and might be the better value in the long run.