Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What type of midfielder is Muntari? Defensive?

The Ghana fans i know claim he could be as good as Essien and from what i've seen of him i agree, he's a box to box player with pace, stength and can create too, he'd be an absolute snip if we manage to get him, he's only 23 too so he can only get better, he's got the trusty left foot that could replace Berger's imo.

The Ghana fans i know claim he could be as good as Essien and from what i've seen of him i agree, he's a box to box player with pace, stength and can create too, he'd be an absolute snip if we manage to get him, he's only 23 too so he can only get better, he's got the trusty left foot that could replace Berger's imo.

Didn't he play on the right of midfield for Ghana with Essien and Appaih in the centre at the world cup? Manure were interested in him I think when Ronaldo was sulking although obviously a different type of player.

I read that MON would be required to "dig deep" as he has been placed at £7m. Last season I would have cried, this season I'm laughing :P

-------------------------------------------------------Boruc/Sorenson-------------------------------------------

G.Johnson/Volz-----------------Mellberg/Ridgewell------------Laursen/Distin/Cahill---------------Bridge/Bouma

Milner/Young/Gardener-----Barton/Petrov/McCann------Barry/Sidwell/Osbourne/Davies------Maloney/Pederson

--------------------------------------Carew/Bent----------------Gabby/Moore----------------------

Thats the type of squad I'd like next season! I know I'm dreaming but with some cash splashed I think all are achievable! Its also what we need to crash the top 6

Boruc - 5m

G.Johnson - 5m

Volz - 3m

Distin - Free

Bridge - 6m

Milner - 5m

Barton - 9m

Sidwell - Free

Pederson - 8m

Bent -10m

51million well worth it!

I dont think we'll have £50million to spend, I think around half that is a more accurate figure.

Not every club is going to throw money at players just like that, money is going to cover debt for clubs such as Arsenal, Man City perhaps, Everton and Boro.

Getting 25M in cash to buy players still gives a helluva lot to pay on wages and it's not good to just spend.... in a business perspective.

Muntari would be good but if we are looking at Ghanaians we should look at Appiah - Not that we've been linked or anything, just that he's a monster of a player!

I've mentioned Appiah so many times...he really is a mammoth player.....real Midfield general..in every aspect...

Muntari would be good but if we are looking at Ghanaians we should look at Appiah - Not that we've been linked or anything, just that he's a monster of a player!

I've mentioned Appiah so many times...he really is a mammoth player.....real Midfield general..in every aspect...

Appiah, Bent, and Distin would do me plus top right back and maybe goalkeeper.

That lot would only cost about £25m

It's Sørensen and Pedersen, please show some respect for the Scandinavian heritage ;)

I know you don't have the letters ÆØÅ, but still you could use -SEN instead of SON :)

With all respect to Scandinavian heritage, I would happily pay for Sørensen's ticket home.

Robert Green will be available in the summer, and for me he is the priority buy.

It's Sørensen and Pedersen, please show some respect for the Scandinavian heritage ;)

I know you don't have the letters ÆØÅ, but still you could use -SEN instead of SON :)

With all respect to Scandinavian heritage, I would happily pay for Sørensen's ticket home.

Robert Green will be available in the summer, and for me he is the priority buy.

Robert Green??? Oh no, please no! Had really good times for Norwich and kept them respectable, but he should be doing much better in a Sham shirt - weak link I'm afraid, stay clear!

Robert Green??? Oh no, please no! Had really good times for Norwich and kept them respectable, but he should be doing much better in a Sham shirt - weak link I'm afraid, stay clear!

I agree - he's looked suspect with his positioning every time I have seen him play.