Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

we should sign Billy Sharp! It's time we took a risk with a couple of lower league players. He has scored 27 this season and he's only 21

Sounds like a Roy of the Rovers-player to me. Which division first of all?

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we should sign Billy Sharp! It's time we took a risk with a couple of lower league players. He has scored 27 this season and he's only 21

Pompey have said they are after him so we will see him in the Prem one way or another, just hope it's not something we regret if it's not with us!

We are after Darren Fletcher from Man Utd. He is good player and we need creative players like him in our midfield. http://tinyurl.com/3e2lyb

On the matter of Darren Fletcher - no thank you! I have had enough of United rejects! We are supposed to be building a squad to catch them and the others up, if we bought Fletcher we would be doing them all a favour!

i don't mind signing united rejects as long as they are the rejects who are actually good enough to carry on being part of the man united squad i.e wes brown

but darren fletcher and keiran richardson aren't anywhere near good enough for united and there not good enough for a mid table premiership team ,any man united fan will tell you that

Wouldn't be too keen on Wes Brown either! He hasn't actually got a clarified position at Utd, which if you look at it one way means he is versatile, though if you are slightly synical like me it means he is just a replacement!

Nah, Matthew Upson = Cock up something else!!!

Whoosh!!!

I think you may have missed the sublety of the joke before yours :D

I did have a think, but decided to put my foot in it anyway! :?

For me the likes of Flamini are the type of players we should be looking at, a young talented player at a big club with proven quality and champions league experiance who would have a point to prove....

It is very difficult to get quality youngsters from the top clubs.

Flamini for example has played loads of first team games for Arsenal. AW has had plenty of opportunity to assess his full potential. If he was prepared to let him go, I would say that means he's not good enough for us. The same would apply to Fletcher or Richardson from Manure. Why would those clubs let their top youngsters leave?

The best you can hope for (from the big clubs) is to get lucky and nick a kid who's had little or no first team experience.

For me the likes of Flamini are the type of players we should be looking at, a young talented player at a big club with proven quality and champions league experiance who would have a point to prove....

It is very difficult to get quality youngsters from the top clubs.

Flamini for example has played loads of first team games for Arsenal. AW has had plenty of opportunity to assess his full potential. If he was prepared to let him go, I would say that means he's not good enough for us. The same would apply to Fletcher or Richardson from Manure. Why would those clubs let their top youngsters leave?

The best you can hope for (from the big clubs) is to get lucky and nick a kid who's had little or no first team experience.

He was prepared to let Bentley, Pennent and Upson go and they've all done well i'd say, sometimes it's about having too much quality in one area and so someone has to leave to further their career, i mean they have Silva, Fabregas, Diaby and Denilson all going for that midfield role so it's no surprise he's found it hard, but he' stills managed to play quite a lot for them this season and of course scored against Chelsea too, Wenger has said he doesn't wanna let him go but Flamini want's to play first team football.

He was prepared to let Bentley, Pennent and Upson go

Sometimes players are released for non-footballing reasons :)

I'd agree that competition in Arsenal's midfield is about as tough as it comes so maybe MF is a candidate for us. I'm not a big fan myself.

I still maintain that big clubs in general won't release really talented youngsters. I certainly wouldn't take any of ManUs current fringe players (and that includes Bardsley).

He was prepared to let Bentley, Pennent and Upson go

I wouldn't want any of them at the Villa. Hyped up, super hyped up and mediocre. All of them mediocre really.

BTW, I see we are linked with Darren Fletcher for a move in the summer. If we do sign him I will stop supporting MON/AVFC until Fletch is either retired or sold on to another club!

Sounds like a Roy of the Rovers-player to me. Which division first of all?

League 1.

Fine player. Very quick, and stood out when we played Scunthorpe earier on in the season, nearly got through in the first second if I remember but Tommy got him.

A real goal grabber I think, can't go wrong for a million then maybe loan him out?

I think we must go after players like Ribery - yes he would prefer a move to Arsenal or Man U but if we pay him extra 10 000 a week he may change opinion. I think this is the way to move at another level and to become capable to beat the big four clubs.

I think we must go after players like Ribery - yes he would prefer a move to Arsenal or Man U but if we pay him extra 10 000 a week he may change opinion. I think this is the way to move at another level and to become capable to beat the big four clubs.

Lovely. Newcastle Utd mk. 2 here we come.

Lovely. Newcastle Utd mk. 2 here we come.

But we have MON and they have Roeder.