Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Said this a week ago -

Don't right off paul McShane from the Elbyun

He is a solid, don't mess with me defender who will go far in this game.

Just coz he aidn't playing champions league football doesn't mean he isn't worth a go.

And as for Fererra - or any other RB from a "big club" - once they leave that club - it is a downward spiral - name anyone (apart from God) that has left one of the big clubs (in that I say Man U, Ars , Liverpool to a certain extent and Chelsea for lsat 3 yrs) to go and play better elsewhere...

Wouldn't touch any player from these with a bargepole - Butt was one of the best at Man U, Fowler at Liver etc.......

nobody like the idea of Ferrera? man won the champions league dont forget? or do you think he out of our league?

the only reason he and the reat of that defence look good is cause of john terry, and ferreira don't look that good anyway, makes too many mistakes IMO.

UP THE VILLA!!!!!!!!!!

nobody like the idea of Ferrera? man won the champions league dont forget? or do you think he out of our league?

Ferreira is muck. Completely over-rated and I wouldn't have him in a fit. Djimi Traore won the Champions League too, but I wouldn't have him.

don't rate brown that much....but i suppose he would bring much needed experience to the heart of the defence and woodgate is top quality...totally agree with that one, but still wouldn't have mellberg at right back.

UP THE VILLA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ferreira is muck. Completely over-rated and I wouldn't have him in a fit. Djimi Traore won the Champions League too, but I wouldn't have him.

thats abit OTT

ferreiras not the best right back in the world, but hes certainly no where near as bad as traore

he would without a shadow of a doubt be better than bardsley and hughes

you just hit the nail on the head...spot on mate

UP THE VILLA!!!!!!!!!

thats abit OTT

ferreiras not the best right back in the world, but hes certainly no where near as bad as traore

he would without a shadow of a doubt be better than bardsley and hughes

Where in my post did I say he is as bad as Traore ? I merely pointed out that winning the champions league means f**k all in deciding whether a player is any good and that in my opinion Ferreira is muck. The fact he has played 11 full games for Chelsea this season - bearing in mind all their defensive injuries - tells me Jose thinks similar to me. Hell, they use a centre mid at right back before they use the mighty Paulo.

Someone on here reckoned the media can make a player into something he's not ? Well I'd say Ferreira is about as good an example of that as you could find.