Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has brought players only from his old team and his transfer history with former teams has been rather dull.

TBH, I am not saying it is so, but I don't find evidence of the opposite.

Bit tricky to not be dull with the funds available at Celtic and Leicester, he has money now and has tried to get some attacking players. Time will tell if he does it with any success though.

No because i would want Villa to actually own the player, rather than some dodge deal!

Well, the idea was that we would actually own him. Not by some sort of strange consortium, but actually own him. If then?

Bardsley for 1.5 million is good business

He's yet to convince me tbh, his passing isnt that strong nowhere near as strong as his ability to run backwards with his arm in the air

I'm sure you can get much better players for the bench than that for 1.5mil

Guest VillaFan1

Bardsley is yet to convince me by a long shot hasnt done much at all if you ask me.

We have been linked to Mcshane from the baggies, My god i have to say this and im sure its going through a lot of peoples minds!

We need better quality and not just championship quality.

I think we need to look abroad as its obvious their isnt much in the british region i mean look at our international side :lol:

I think alot of you are quick to right off mcshane, he's very much a RB these days and has more experience than our current RB. He's rough and tough and would pretty much die for his team, i'm not saying that he'd be the making of our team but he'd certainly help and would be a very useful determind defensive player.

I've seen alot of him lately due to villa not playing very often (and having albion mates who go quite alot) and he's been fantastic for them.

He's not jst another Championship player, he's got real quality about him.

In my very humble opinion the only players that I would say would be regular first teamers if we were to move on to the 'next level' are

Sorensen

Bouma

Barry

Carew

We have a lot of 'squad players' already and many with 'potential' but if the moaners want a hasty move to 'the next level' they are going to have to accept that their favourite players are on the way out..... Mellberg, JPA, McCann to name just 4.

Ther usual way of assessing the quality is how many would get into Man Utd, Chelsea, Arse, Liverpool starting 11's?

In my very humble opinion the only players that I would say would be regular first teamers if we were to move on to the 'next level' are

Sorensen

Bouma

Barry

Carew

We have a lot of 'squad players' already and many with 'potential' but if the moaners want a hasty move to 'the next level' they are going to have to accept that their favourite players are on the way out..... Mellberg, JPA, McCann to name just 4.

Ther usual way of assessing the quality is how many would get into Man Utd, Chelsea, Arse, Liverpool starting 11's?

I can't disagree with this, I think this may have been what MON was alluding to with the article about moving players out.

Mellberg and McCann could well be squad players nxt season.

Why would you want Reo-Coker? He has been such a poor player for West Ham, I'd say one of the major reasons they're terrible this year. Yes, he's a great talent that has a good game every now and then but how long before he matures into a great player?

Last season Reo coker was absolutely superb. Fair cop that he has been very poor this season.

I just think that at £3m he would be worth a gamble because he could mature into the midfield general that we are crying out for. At the very least he would increase the quality in the squad.

With the form Tevez is showing at the moment I think he's definitely worth going for. Brilliant again today. Off to a standing ovation.

Still undecided on NRC. I think he's actually done quite all right this season given the massive stick he's been getting. (Though some of it probably is his own fault.) Even been receiving death threats, so I suppose it's not easy performing under those circumstances.

What I do know is that he would be a step up from McCann, but then again there might be even larger steps out there.