Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Bardsley was thought of as a back up in that selection, luke young would be the starting full back. Yes Dica looks quality, but i'd much rather go for premiership proven players because he may not make the transition.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes me laugh when people do lists of players leaving. Unless its a free, who would want any of our shit fringe players

People will Jez. If they are available, clubs would be interested if there is a fair price, though most of these clubs will be steps down from Aston Villa.

I think we could shift all of the players that we would want to in the summer.

And on a side note, havn't Celtic won the European Cup? There is no point belittling them, they are at least as 'big' a club as we are, even if they do play in a shit league. The difference is that they have nowhere to go from where they are really, whereas I think, being based in England and with an ambitious board, we do.

Yeah but we don't want players who have done a decent job this year but gives us absolutely no guarantee for the next season.

Too many Doyles and Sidwells equals a mid-table finish. We need an expensive striker to bang in those goals.

Proven strikers cost money, we don't got the time to take a chance on someone who might be.

Tottenham got Berbatov and Newcastle got Martins, we need someone with that ability and reputation.

If he is available for 5M then great, but it's just hard to find and MON's scouting doesn't seem to be the

best in the world.

I agree with Rocafella. Doyle was playing well until he got injured but he needs to prove himself for more than just this season for us to buy him. Also, there is no way he would sign for us as a reserve player.

If we sign a striker, we need a proven one.

While i like Doyle and watched him score for us tonight i dont think hes the player for us at the moment. He still isnt the finished article and isn t the pacest player in the world. I think most villa fans would love to see Darren Bent here next season.

West Brom's McShane in Villa sights

tribalfooball.com - March 28, 2007

West Brom defender Paul McShane has caught the eye of Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill.

McShane only moved to the Hawthorns last summer from Manchester United and was watched by O'Neill in action for the Republic of Ireland on Saturday against Wales.

LINK

It's only tribal football, but i wouldn't mind this lad at all. He's got that "United" steel about him. and can play abit too.

Of all positions, defence is the place we least need a potentially, maybe, can work solution. If we were to add anything it would have to be pure class. Someone who could walk into our side.

McShane is a good player, but hes just another young centre half with potential, weve already got 2. If we do sign a centre half we need a reliable experienced one. Swap one for mellberg or something.