Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a fantastic full back, one of the best in the world he MAY become available IF Man U get Bale. If he is available his reputation as one of the best would put him well out of our league as I'm sure some of the real big guns of Europe would be in for him.

I do not know what to expect to be honest, on how much Lerner will spend in the summer.

He has used around 20M up until now, but we are far from even being an UEFA candidate, so it is

much needed.

I expect us to sign a world class CB, a world class striker, a right back (if Bardsley leaves) and a central

midfielder. To be honest, he needs to be of a certain class as well. Who should they be? Beats me,

although I am certain Darren Bent would do a great job at the Villa.

The more I think about it the more I'd like to see Darren Bent at the club. Think he'd be awesome alongside Carew.

That said, it must be exciting being MON at the moment, with all that cash burning a hole in his pockets and so many talented footballers across Europe. There are may I'd love to see at Villa. I've listed a few. All gettable targets imo, although MON surely has a massive job on his hands selling the club and his ambitions to potential targets.

Yaya Toure, Sulley Muntari and Stephen Appiah are mentioned in this thread already.

Others include

DEFENDERS

Luisão - big, strong Brazilian central defender (I think we need one of those) currently playing for Benfica. OK, I admit it won't be easy luring a Benfica player to Villa atm (just consider what Petit could have done for us at DM), but surely the Premiership must be the promised land (for some anyway)...

Diego Placente - attacking left back at Celto Vigo. Impressed me hugely when he was at Bayer Leverkusen. Rarely makes a mistake defensively and much better going forward than Boomer. And with Celta possibly going down this year, surely gettable. Can also play right back.

MIDFIELDERS

Tranquillo Barnetta - young, creative midfielder currently at Bayer Leverkusen, impressed me hugely in last years world cup. Might be looking at bigger options than Villa atm.

Matuzalem - Now, this is probably one of the most exciting "unknown" players playing in Europe. Creative, attacking midfielder with a great shot and fantastic skills. Don't know if it's true, but I heard he chose Shakhtar Donetsk over Barcelona because of their training facilities so I guess there's a lot of money involved in the Ukrainian club...Probably enjoys playing CL football for Shakhtar, but when Julius Aghahowa left Shakhtar for the mighty Wigan, then surely it must be possible to get Matuzalem to Villa?

Ivan de la Pena - currently at Espanyol. He's getting older, but at 30 has got a couple more great seasons in him. Has been fantastic at central midfield for Espanyol this season. Great passer. Might just fancy a dig at the Premiership towards the end of his career.

im sorry but your wrong about koumas, he is class in my opinion, recently voted best player outside the premiership and the ability to score from distance and some other quality goals. Just cos he is from west brom u all think he is crap. i never said anythin bout buyin other player from there like gera, davies as i dont rate them, but koumas is good.

And yes young could be dropped from the first team, just cos he was 9 million dont mean he should walk into our team, young could yet turn out to be the downfall of o'neill im afraid to say. Sayin that he could become world class!

+ reo coker is a good player aswell, strenth, agile power. much better than mccann

Koumas is a 'premiership and beyond' player, with a bad attitude.

TBH Id quite happily have Gera and Davies as well, both good players. Kamara cant finish though, has to be really confident before he looks a good striker.

forget arouna kone, id have jefferson farfan! plus sidwell, plus reo coker, plus defoe, plus barton, plus wes brown

I wouldn't want any of them at villa except maybe defoe....

surely if we want to get into the top 6 we want players who aren't mediocre....by mediocre I mean Reo Coker and Sidwell (who everyone seems to want)....

Players like Kone will take us to the next level, not Sidwell and Reo Coker...

MIDFIELDERS

Tranquillo Barnetta - young, creative midfielder currently at Bayer Leverkusen, impressed me hugely in last years world cup. Might be looking at bigger options than Villa atm.

He's too lazy.

Matuzalem - Now, this is probably one of the most exciting "unknown" players playing in Europe. Creative, attacking midfielder with a great shot and fantastic skills. Don't know if it's true, but I heard he chose Shakhtar Donetsk over Barcelona because of their training facilities so I guess there's a lot of money involved in the Ukrainian club...Probably enjoys playing CL football for Shakhtar, but when Julius Aghahowa left Shakhtar for the mighty Wigan, then surely it must be possible to get Matuzalem to Villa?

He's too old.

forget arouna kone, id have jefferson farfan! plus sidwell, plus reo coker, plus defoe, plus barton, plus wes brown

I wouldn't want any of them at villa except maybe defoe....

surely if we want to get into the top 6 we want players who aren't mediocre....by mediocre I mean Reo Coker and Sidwell (who everyone seems to want)....

Players like Kone will take us to the next level, not Sidwell and Reo Coker...

What, just because he's foreign? I don't really rate Reo-Coker that highly but Sidwell on a free would a great.