Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gudjohnsen would never happen. From Chelsea to Barca to Villa? No...

But Carew did happen. From Valencia, to Roma, Besiktas, Lyon to Villa. Not that big a difference is there? Carew played in the CL final, while Eidur is benched in Spain...

Gudjohnsen would never happen. From Chelsea to Barca to Villa? No...

But Carew did happen. From Valencia, to Roma, Besiktas, Lyon to Villa. Not that big a difference is there? Carew played in the CL final, while Eidur is benched in Spain...

Benched? Are you sure about that?

He may not play every single week, but he's been a major part of Barcas team, league and europe.

Difference is that Gudjohnsen never went there expecting to play every week being their star.

Remember he left Chelsea, whom were never known for their attacking displays. He is the ultimate

reserve and I think he loves that role.

Eidur was never really the poacher anyway, more likely the joker.

Darren Bent ladies and gentlemen, he is the obvious answer in my book.

I'd have to agree regarding us signing Bent, the only problem is figuring out how much Charlton are gonna demand?, if West Ham did bid 18m for him in January they are gonna want at least 12/13m for him.

I am not sure if that bid really existed, or if West Ham wanted to tone it down after it being unsuccessful.

18M surely is too much for him, didn't van Nistelrooy and Kuyt go for around 10M?

In all fairness I think the price for Bent if thee go down is:

Chelsea - 14-15M

Man Utd/Liverpool - 12-13M

Aston Villa/Newcastle - 9-11M

I am baffled clubs like Arsenal and Liverpool haven't gone after him, he just looks the perfect target in my eyes.

Imagine Henry and Bent, pretty scary huh?

I think he will join Newcastle though, typical deal. They need a striker if Owen is to be forever injured. Bent, Martins

and Owen wouldn't be a trio who doesn't score goals to be honest..... Imagine a fee of 9,5M :)

David Nugent please. The more I see the more I realise he is pure class. Can do virtually everything and will want to prove himself in the premier. Nuge might go for 8 mill.

If not then Darren Bent,another who is bloody good at everything . He'll probably go for 15 mill + though

Nudgent doesn't ever shut up about going to Everton, his dream blar blar.

Everton are treading water going nowhere!

I keep telling everyone Nugent is not the answer, that comes from season ticket holders are Deepdale and a coach I know who works there, He is the next Macken.

Yes he looks good at times but those who watch him all the time say he is not that great and is quite inconsistent.

We don't need another forward with potential we have three already.

Nudgent doesn't ever shut up about going to Everton, his dream blar blar.

Everton are treading water going nowhere!

Doesn't make a difference if Everton haven't the money to sign him....and that is if they are interested!

YOUNG, MOORE, gabby..

all poential players we ned proven palyers now and nugent is another potential player

Demitri top level proven players simply are not going to join a club not even in the UEFA cup. We may get the odd one with some previous baggage (ie Carrew) but not enough to rebuild an entire team straight away. Surely its best to buy these potential top players to compliment the slow influx of proven quality over the next few years.

After all why put all our eggs into one basket and hope the young players we have will make the step up (odds are they all wont) so surely its best to spread the risk and buy as many as we can.

Tottenham and especially Arsenal have been doing it for a while and it has not served them too badly!

YOUNG, MOORE, gabby..

all poential players we ned proven palyers now and nugent is another potential player

Demitri top level proven players simply are not going to join a club not even in the UEFA cup. We may get the odd one with some previous baggage (ie Carrew) but not enough to rebuild an entire team straight away. Surely its best to buy these potential top players to compliment the slow influx of proven quality over the next few years.

After all why put all our eggs into one basket and hope the young players we have will make the step up (odds are they all wont) so surely its best to spread the risk and buy as many as we can.

Tottenham and especially Arsenal have been doing it for a while and it has not served them too badly!

And what have spurs won?, what have Arsenal won this season?, at the end of the day there's no way Nugent is better than Moore or Gabby so for me it wouldn't make sense, especially when there's likely to be the likes of Tevez, Bent and Ashton just waiting to be snapped up in the Summer.

YOUNG, MOORE, gabby..

And what has spurs won?, what have Arsenal won this season?, at the end of the day there's no way Nugent is better than Moore or Gsbby so for me it wouldn't make sense, especially when there's likely to be the likes of Tevez, Bent and Ashton just waiting to be snapped up in the Summer.

So why is Nugent in front of Gabby in the England U-21 setup? Even playing for a lower division side... just asking

YOUNG, MOORE, gabby..

And what has spurs won?, what have Arsenal won this season?, at the end of the day there's no way Nugent is better than Moore or Gsbby so for me it wouldn't make sense, especially when there's likely to be the likes of Tevez, Bent and Ashton just waiting to be snapped up in the Summer.

So why is Nugent in front of Gabby in the England U-21 setup? Even playing for a lower division side... just asking

Because the u21 managers have been nobs :D , and Walcott seem to be the speedy one they chose to play up front with Nugent being the more physical striker, but i think it's obvious that Gabby in the long run is the better player.

Because the u21 managers have been nobs :D , and Walcott seem to be the speedy one they chose to play up front with Nugent being the more physical striker, but i think it's obvious that Gabby in the long run is the better player.

Not to me it isn't. Besides which they're completely different players.

One is a footballer the other a sprinter.......

WTF :?

Walcott can run with the ball.

Gabby can run.

There is a difference ;):D