Christian Benteke

Kwan

I seem to have some of the top clubs in Europe on my side. Anyway, we can go round in circles. I won't be agreeing that Guzan is a better player than Benteke. The amount of shots he had to face, he was bound top make some decent saves at some point. Fact he seems to be unable to marshal a defence to keep a clean sheet appears to be overlooked. Benteke was hardly overran with chances to put away, yet his goalscoring was phenomenal given his age/experience.

Top Top Player. I don't think I will ever say the same about Guzan. Good season in a pretty woeful side. 

Now having money to spend and then spending that money well are two different things but i would again suggest that if Lambert is as astute in the transfer market as the majority thinks then he should be able to replace Benteke with similar quality.

I don't think there are many players in the world with the potential of Benteke who would come to Villa. Hence why he probably will not be here in a years (max) time.

Is Guzan still not counted as Lambert signing? Seeing how he made the decision and had never worked with him before.

Yep, not of the quality of Benteke though.

FPOTS and PPOTS would suggest otherwise.

And they would be wrong, imo

How good a player is is usually based on opinion. The opinion of 2 distinct and very different groups of people have decided that Guzan was bigger for us last season.

The players and the fans are wrong? That's a huge statement to make.

I seem to have some of the top clubs in Europe on my side. 

Completely different circumstances and I think you know that.

That is one of the indicators of why I think he will leave/won't be 100% happy should he stay yes. Hardly going round insisting it is true. Just offering my opinion. I have looked at both sides of the argument and decided that I 'think' he is most likely to leave.

Can you explain why you think CB isn't happy to consider all his options?

Now having money to spend and then spending that money well are two different things but i would again suggest that if Lambert is as astute in the transfer market as the majority thinks then he should be able to replace Benteke with similar quality.

I don't think there are many players in the world with the potential of Benteke who would come to Villa. Hence why he probably will not be here in a years (max) time.

Is Guzan still not counted as Lambert signing? Seeing how he made the decision and had never worked with him before.

How good a player is is usually based on opinion. The opinion of 2 distinct and very different groups of people have decided that Guzan was bigger for us last season.

Yes, in my favour.

For a start, your circumstance is full of people who have to make a choice. Also the vote may have been very close. The sample is also hardly known for its football decision making skills when it comes to recognising football talent. The vote also could be biased if more players got on with Guzan.

Mine on the other hand is scouts/managers from Europe's top clubs. Not one of them seem to be interested in Guzan and they don't have to make a decision on either. However, they have recognised Benteke, because although its not a fair comparison anyway, there is no doubt who is the hotter property in European football - because he is a better player.

That is one of the indicators of why I think he will leave/won't be 100% happy should he stay yes. Hardly going round insisting it is true. Just offering my opinion. I have looked at both sides of the argument and decided that I 'think' he is most likely to leave.

I don't think that. 

Mine on the other hand is scouts/managers from Europe's top clubs. Not one of them seem to be interested in Guzan and they don't have to make a decision on either. However, they have recognised Benteke, because although its not a fair comparison anyway, there is no doubt who is the hotter property in European football - because he is a better player.

The circumstances are different in this case, not the other one you listed. I spent a bit of time writing a full response but then I thought, genuinely, what is the point. There is literally no reasoning with you. So I'm backing out and just not biting anymore. Enjoy the season :) .

There is literally no reasoning with you. 

I would like to think there is some on here that would strongly disagree with this, but if that is your view, I am not really bothered as I know you are wrong.

So I'm backing out and just not biting anymore. 

Won't be the first time you have said this.

Enjoy the season :) .

Thanks, I will.

Edited by Woodytom

I don't think that.

Then one of his options is he'd be happy staying and none us know any different. Cool. Edited by brommy
  • Like 1

I don't think that.

Then one of his options is he'd be happy staying and none us know any different. Cool.

Not really sure what your point is? Ive acknowledged that this is possible for the last month or so.

I don't think that.

Then one of his options is he'd be happy staying and none us know any different. Cool.

Not really sure what your point is? Ive acknowledged that this is possible for the last month or so.
That's the spirit! I'm pleased you've changed your mind.

I don't think that.

I havent changed my mind??

I think Benteke will leave. But not once have I said it is definite and not once have I said he definitely doesnt want to stay. People just jumped on the fact that I thought he would leave and turned it into one massive negative opinion. 

Edited by Woodytom

I don't think that.

I think Benteke will leave. But not once have I said it is definite and not once have I said he definitely doesnt want to stay. People just jumped on the fact that I thought he would leave and turned it into one massive negative opinion. 

Actually, it was the implication that Benteke wanted to leave/wasn't happy to stay that people "jumped" on.

• Like 2

May Stay, May Go. Depends on his brain cells and his agent. Will be gone within 12 months.

All that matters is the mighty Villa, and we get the right deal.   

I don't think that.

You've certainly changed your tune. There are plenty of your posts repeating that if Benteke wanted to stay he would have signed by now. Well, he may still want to stay, as you have now acknowledged, but he hasn't signed yet. It's taken you ages to realise he's waiting on his options before deciding on what is right for him, not, as you have more than implied on numerous occasions before your key change, that he must be off. There's no harm in changing opinions, just be man enough to admit it.
  • Like 2

Any more complaining about Spurs and Levy can now be accompanied by this picture if you wish.

levy-lol.png

For when we turn down Spurs offer

levywhoa.png
Jesus may not like Spurs but this gif is fantastic. Went on a forum of theirs to see what they thought about Benteke and...

Tmvg9qU.gif

Edited by Rovers13

For when we turn down Spurs offer

We?

Rovers fan? :)

Eh watched like 25 Villa games this year and Im on a VIlla forum why not. Venky's just make life sad, you know? Though if Gary Bowyer turns out to be the next Mourinho or Villa rehire Mcleish so VIlla and Rovers end up in the same division, I'd definitely want six Scott Dann headers going past Guzan. (Why Scott Dann headers you ask? I don't know great question) 

Edited by Rovers13

Â