Learning a Language in Birmingham

Stevo985

So my company gives employees £150 a year to do (or contribute towards) some sort of learning course or activity.

I've never actually used mine, which is dumb, but I've decided that this year I'm going to use it.

I've decided I'm going to use it to do something I've always wanted to do, learn a new language. Now the sensible thing would probably be to learn French, seeing as I studied it for 5 years at school.

But **** that, french is dull. I want to learn Spanish.

So my question is, do people know any good places to learn it in Birmingham?

Best place I've found so far is the obvious, the Brasshouse Language centre. However, I think I'd have to wait until September to start, and I'm kind of eager to grab the bull by the horns and go with this.

Anyone got any experience of anywhere else that does it?

Try Birmingham University's open access language courses mate. I'm pretty sure they still run them and they have them over the summer.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Unfortunately their "summer" courses are Early May to June, so I'm too late :(

They're normal courses start again in September.

Houlston, you lose the internet ;)

I did French at Matthew Boulton college a few years ago. At least I thought it was a few years ago until I asked my dad how long it had been since they levelled it and then I realised it was more like 15 years ago. Guess I've been away from brummie longer than I thought.

Anyway, the class was so easy it was untrue. Full of people who didn't seem to have any real interest in learning, it made me wonder why they were even there. Still, the teacher was fairly hot and good fun so it was quite a laugh.

On reflection, I've been away from Birmingham that long that I don't think I've anything really to offer, save for a few vague reminiscences.

Cheers for the couple of suggestions. Look like I'll have to wait until September.

I should probably try the Brasshouse language centre...

Â