Vodafone Signal

Wainy316

Seriously, what a crock of crap!

Aren't they meant to be one of the UK's main providers?  Recently given a work phone and there is never any signal.  In 90% of places (including the office!) It runs in cycles of no signal for about 5 minutes, then two bars for about 1 minute.  All the text suddenly come through at once then you have about 45 seconds to read and reply to them all.  Utter shite!

Does anybody else experience this?

Nope. Is it everyone in your area? If so, your company is at least slightly retarded for getting Vodafone if the signal in your area is crap...If not, maybe your phone is ****?

Must be turd in Oxfordshire then.  All the company phones are Vodafone and equally pants, ha.

My personal O2 phone works fine.

Edited by Wainy316

• 3 weeks later...

I get similar in Bham with Vodafone. 

replaced the SIM and replaced the phone, but no difference. 

Strangely other people at work on the same work contract don't seem to have the same problem.

So i can only conclude its my specific number causing the problem, compounded by bad signal at home in Solihull.

Ive noticed signal has been crap with Vodafone recently too.  Its got significantly worse in the last few months.  I use my phone for tethering my laptop to quite alot and places where i used to get good signal its now worse,  tried a couple of phones and had a replacement SIM as well.  Very Strange.

I dont know whether they have done anything to the current setup/equipment in preparation for 4G that has an effect on current signal?  Anybody work for a mobile supplier who could shed some light on this?

I have a vodafone work mobile, as do about 2000 other people at my place of work. We have a Vodafone mast onsite but it is so overlaoded that signal often drops out apart from for the first hour in the morning (I start earlier than most) when it is super strong and internet is strong and fast.

Maybe you have a similar issue, the local mast is overloaded?

I used to work for Vodafone, their signal is notoriously shit and it is well known company wide. 

As Tamuff mentions on the plus side you can get a booster tailored to the size and user base of your office. Perhaps recommend this to the big wigs, they do like to look after their business customers. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm with Vodafone too, and can also confirm they are a crock of shite. Customer Service just as bad as their signal. When we first got our company phones we all had trouble with signal. We complained and they said there may have been a dodgy batch of SIM cards so they'd send new ones out to us. After about a week they arrived, we put them in, no difference, we called Vodafone to complain again and they basically said tough shite. We said we'd be sending back the phones as they are not allowing us to do what we are paying for (ie. using it as a phone or for Internet). They said we couldn't do that as they have a 14 day limit on returns and that had expired. We explained that over a week of that period was spent waiting for them to send us new sims which we were reassured would fix it, they basically told us to go **** outselves. We have 5 phones, all paying £45-60 a month and non of us get particularly good signal and I have seen 3G a total of about 50 times in the 9 months I've had the phone. I live in Kings Heath and work in Digbeth, not exactly the arsehole of nowhere.

I would never touch Vodafone ever again and have steered alot of people who were considering them away and onto someone like O2. My girlfriend is on 3, and she never has phone signal problems and always seems to have 3G.

Edited by Qwpzxjor1

EE are very good, very good indeed. I've no experience of their customer service yet, but then I've not had to. The signal is the bomb. I'm on 3G FWIW and I really cannot see the purpose of 4G when I regularly attain 4-6mb download speeds on their 3G network. I mean, it's a phone. Any heavy downloading is done on wifi. 

I have noticed a considerable dip in signal strength but only over the last few days. I was hoping it was only a temporary localised problem around Shirley/Solihull but after reading this thread Im not so sure.

To be fair to them I have used them for 10/15 years now and never really had a problem before.

Â