Xbox Live abuse

Dodgyknees

Anybody had any luck complaining about people who abuse them on Xbox live (harassment too) it's a few 15-17 year olds doing it, but it's pissing me off.

They seem to think because they play COD, they are tough guys.

Nah, though I don't think you would hear about it anyway. They probably just deal with them in their own way. I should have asked the procedure when I worked at Rare come to think about it.

I play a lot of drop-in matches on FIFA since I don't have a club and I'm forever blocking idiots for not playing properly, being selfish or just messing about in game or on mic and being trolls. There are so many asshats out there it's quite depressing.

I managed to record it this time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4bHc7qB35s&feature=youtu.be

And have blocked them now, only reason I didn't before was because I wanted to see if they got banned (after they did the same before)

Just before this video they sent me about 20-30 invites in a row, spammed me.

Most the time i'd ignore words removed like these. but one time i did try and get someone banned for using some sick racist shit towards me. Called Xbox and they just don't give a ****, mate. Told me to just report them from the menu and let the Xbox people deal with it. They were never banned. I've also never see anyone banned for giving abuse, only see friends banned for sending offensive pictures with the vision camera or hacking.

Best to just ignore them or just block em.

Edited by Daniel

To be honest, if they dealt with everyone who broke the rules online, there'd only be about 10 people left. You just have to block them yourself. I feel your pain though. Everytime I play FIFA on drop-in matches with randoms from the internet, I block at least two people after every game I play. I've wasted so much time on that game just memorising which gamertags were acting like bellends and then blocking them. It's not much fun.

To be honest, if they dealt with everyone who broke the rules online, there'd only be about 10 people left.

When I first signed up on XBoxLive in 2008 I read the rules on choosing your username.  Nothing offensive it said.  Within 5 minutes of playing GTA4, I found myself in a forum with a guy calling himself 'deadbabyfetus'.  It would appear Microsoft don't give a **** what you do as long as you've paid for your Gold subscription.

On another note, I have lapsed my gold subscription for a while now, pending finding a ridiculously good deal on three months, when I might sign up for a short while again.  But, why do you have to have a gold subscription to use the LoveFilm application?  The missus has got an online LoveFilm subscription but it is **** stupid trying to navigate the menu with a **** stupid Wii remote...

If I didn't play FIFA, I would just stick with a silver subscription. I think the only other games I've played online in the last few years are Street Fughter 4 - which I suck at so I got bored of online play, especially when people go as if they're going to fight as one character, then at the last minute change to a character that's easy to blag a win with - and Mass Effect 3, purely because it increased my Galactic Readiness, which I thought was very cheap of the developers personally.

I'm very much in the camp that a Solo Campaign should be completely standalone from online multiplayer. The rumours of the new consoles requiring an internet connection are a bit disturbing.

...I've got that monitor too DK :)

Never really had any issues on PSN. Then again I don't play COD, and I presume that that game has a higher proportion of idiots than other games. Worst I've had on PSN is people being mardy after I've beat them/played terribly and cost the team a match on SARP. Teehee.

Going OT here but Xbox Live Gold is the biggest con there is. Paying a small fortune to Bill each year for the same service PS3 and Master Race PC users get for free. What a joke!

At the start of this current gen, psn was **** shit. Couldn't even party up and talk with friends.

PSN is largely only free because they needed to get one over Microsoft who dominated the console online section, IMO. It was basically a box ticking exercise in how to be better than Microsoft could offer.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't get that much on PS3 really except recently when I beat this Carlisle United fan on FIFA Ultimate Team.

He was 2-0 up and I won 3-2 in the last minute and he sent me a message saying 'Stiliyan Petrov will die.'  :mellow:

Â