UKIP Nutters

bickster

Do UKIP have a policy on something other than leaving Europe? :P good one!

Don't forget the weights and measures damnit!

Lets not forget "rolling back health and safety" and the abolition of the minimum wage.

Some people have accused Ukip of lacking policies.  They say Ukip have just cobbled together a ragbag of tiresome platitudes using well-worn phrases which ring a bell with readers of papers like the Express.  They say there's a great gaping hole where party policy ought to be.

These people point to the recent suggestion by a senior party figure that a "think tank" should be commissioned to supply "off the peg" policies to fill the empty pages.  Preferably with copious use of "inverted commas" going well beyond the traditional references to "politically correct".

In reply to these people, I would like to offer an extract from current Ukip policy, available via the "internet", here.  Scrolling to the bottom of the page, we find that Ukip policies are even expressed in foreign languages, completely contrary to the stereotype of narrow-minded xenophobia which Ukip's opponents present.

Policy 1

Published on Monday, 28 January 2013 13:52

Aliquam erat volutpat. Fusce aliquet turpis a mi vehicula vel ornare quam sollicitudin. Nam ut sapien enim. Sed consectetur risus eu ante rutrum bibendum feugiat nulla tempus. Mauris sollicitudin, enim in ultrices consectetur, sem turpis scelerisque elit, et venenatis risus libero vitae nibh.

• Like 1

An explanation of fake latin in webpages

So it seems they have no actual policies because the web designer didn't replace the Loren Ipsum with an actual policy yet

No, that's quite unfair.  They have plenty of other policies.  Support Our Boys!  Cut Red Tape!  Hands Off Our Bananas!

The proofreading fault was probably down to an immigrant of some sort, probably one of the darker-hued persuasion.  Obviously a true Brit would have known the difference between a policy for the nation, and a chunk of cod Latin. 

Although that would mean the job had been given out to...instead of...hang on, I'll have to get back to you on this.

Well, they say you learning something new every day. Was not aware of that place holder stuff.

I thought it might have been a piece of For Raj's latin O level/Common Entrance homework that he'd stumbled across in an old excercise book.

Edited by snowychap

Some people have accused Ukip of lacking policies.  They say Ukip have just cobbled together a ragbag of tiresome platitudes using well-worn phrases which ring a bell with readers of papers like the Express.  They say there's a great gaping hole where party policy ought to be.

These people point to the recent suggestion by a senior party figure that a "think tank" should be commissioned to supply "off the peg" policies to fill the empty pages.  Preferably with copious use of "inverted commas" going well beyond the traditional references to "politically correct".

In reply to these people, I would like to offer an extract from current Ukip policy, available via the "internet", here.  Scrolling to the bottom of the page, we find that Ukip policies are even expressed in foreign languages, completely contrary to the stereotype of narrow-minded xenophobia which Ukip's opponents present.

Policy 1

Aliquam erat volutpat. Fusce aliquet turpis a mi vehicula vel ornare quam sollicitudin. Nam ut sapien enim. Sed consectetur risus eu ante rutrum bibendum feugiat nulla tempus. Mauris sollicitudin, enim in ultrices consectetur, sem turpis scelerisque elit, et venenatis risus libero vitae nibh.

Oh ye of little faith. That nice Mr Farage assures me that that is the text of Magna Carta. Who did not die in vain.

• Like 1

Policy 1

Oh ye of little faith. That nice Mr Farage assures me that that is the text of Magna Carta. Who did not die in vain.

Genune question Mike, why was the Magna Carta written in Latin? I've always been under the impression that governance in Britain at that time was conducted mostly in the French of the day, I'm probably wrong.

• 1 month later...

Bongo Bongo land popped up today courtesy of Godfrey Bloom, a UKIP MEP

I was more interested in this line though

What's wrong with that? I'm not a wishy-washy Tory. I don't do political correctness. The fact that the Guardian is reporting this will probably double my vote in the north of England

is he suggesting the North don't like the Guardian ...or that the North are racist nutters like him ;)

Bongo Bongo land popped up today courtesy of Godfrey Bloom, a UKIP MEP

I was more interested in this line though

What's wrong with that? I'm not a wishy-washy Tory. I don't do political correctness. The fact that the Guardian is reporting this will probably double my vote in the north of England

is he suggesting the North don't like the Guardian ...or that the North are racist nutters like him ;)

Probably both. And sadly, he may have a point.

(Although it was originally the Manchester Guardian... )

Edited by mjmooney

Have to say Mr bloom was spot on with everything he said though.

well apart from calling somewhere Bongo Bongo land  ..where else would you like me to begin  .....

Â