Is JPA right

mockingbird_franklin

Is JPA right, if going would it be to see Arsenal  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Is JPA right, if going would it be to see Arsenal

• Yes, i'm a villa fan but go to See the Opposition when it's one of the big boys
    • No, It's that's a load of hairy old bollocks dangling down to my kneed, I go to see Villa play

JPA, Our resident PFE member recently made an accusation when talking about the arsenal game that quote

40,000 Villa fans go to games like that to see the opposition. Sad, but true.

so why would you be going, do you agree with JPA, or should he make an apology to us all for doubting our motives and painting us as all wanabee Arsenal fans.

ps notice it says villa fans, not neutrals or arsenal fans in the villa end.

Not enough poll options - I don't go see Villa for the opposition, but JPA is right that some people do.

yes Arsenal fans and neutrals. but Villa fans? there should only be two, but i'll add a third

option3 could read, yes, I'm a casual gloryboy fan who can only be arsed to go when we play the big boys, and yes it's to see the opposition.

the point is villa fans even casual one go to see villa play, there is a difference between going to see villa play and choosing to do it when they play one of the big clubs, and choosing to go to a villa match against one of the big boys to see the opposition. I think the former accounts for most casuals, I think the latter are a small minority. Me i'd be classed a casual (1/2 dozen games a season, not one against the bigger teams)

Not enough poll options - I don't go see Villa for the opposition, but JPA is right that some people do.

yes Arsenal fans and neutrals. but Villa fans, there should only be two, but i'll add a third

Exactly, neutrals that wouldn't normally go to a Villa game if they weren't playing a team of Arse's calibre. What's your point?

Exactly, neutrals that wouldn't normally go to a Villa game if they weren't playing a team of Arse's calibre. What's your point?

NEUTRALS ARE NOT VILLA FANS. read JPA's quote

40,000 VILLA FANS go to games like that to see the opposition.

I questioned him and he insisted that his statement was true. I'm checking it out for him, because i don't believe any VILLA FANS, or at least not more than a handful go to see the opposition

Totally 100% correct MF.

Not true VILLA FAN would go to see Villa v Arsenal to watch Arsenal.

end of story .....

as has been mentioned, "neutrals" might, but then they're not Villa fans are they, they're neutrals.

I can see what JPA is trying to get at (the increased attendances for games v the big boys brings out the causal supporters) but i think he has worded his statement a little badly, IMO

Explain to me in how one recent season, 28,000 went to see us play Blackburn, then 40,000 went to see us play Arsenal? Of course not all 40,000 go to see the opposition, as a lot of them fans will be season ticket holders, who don't buy a season ticket just for the Arsenal, but a fair few thousand will pick & choose games depending on the opposition.

Your poll's shit, btw. You don't need to ask people why & when they go to games, you need to ask if people believe that some fans go to see the opposition as much as Villa.

no the poll's fine, It askes the question i need to know the answer to. your statement wasn't about peoples opinions as to why fans went to games, it was that 40,000 will only go to see Arsenal at our next home game. I'm seeing how true it is.

seems the usual pattern is occuring

make an ludicrous and dubious statement,

when questioned, insist it stands

then avoid any further questions and smudge the issue in defence of it, even contradicting your original statement in the process.

but i must admit it's not looking good, 39,981 unaccounted for, maybe you're right, and they are too embarressed to openly admit they only go to see the opposition.

JPA 'casual' villa fans will pick the games against big clubs, it happens at the big clubs too. I could let you see the NorthWest noticeboard at work where tickets for ManUre games are offered up for nearly every game except the 'big clubs' strangely enough none ever go on there for our game!

Is it to see the opposition - I think not - I think it is because they want to tsee how we compete against the better opposition, which IMO is different.

Me I'm off to see the opposition next Wednesday coz they are such a big club...... ;-)

The only time I would waste my time watching United is to watch them all F***king burn . I would pay for a can of petrol if offered to help it along.

WTF is he on about, when watching a footie game down the Villa my eyes seek out the claret and blue boyz that's it, thats why I go......I wonder what JPA's eye's seek out when he is down the game.......***t !!!

Â