Is JPA right

mockingbird_franklin

Is JPA right, if going would it be to see Arsenal  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Is JPA right, if going would it be to see Arsenal

• Yes, i'm a villa fan but go to See the Opposition when it's one of the big boys
    • No, It's that's a load of hairy old bollocks dangling down to my kneed, I go to see Villa play

People do pick and chose which matches they go to for numerous reasons

- financial. for those old enough to have kids look at the nidding heads of agreement

- being pissed off with the club. regardless of your views JPA a lot of people are fed up with the way there is a lack of investment etc at the club and chose the glamour matches to spend their money on

- the opposition. some people would prefer to watch good players to average ones, but they may well be villa fans

There is no black and white, yes and no answer to this one. Chosing where and when you chose to spend your money doesn't make you any less of a fan. Most people who attend Villa Park are Villa fans end of story. The reasons they go there and the motivations probably somewaht varies

Why do we get 28,000 for games against Blackburn & Pompey, yet we always get 40,000 for Arsenal, Man Utd & Liverpool, regardless of our position & form. Answer this adequately, then I'll change my opinion.

It may be something to do with not all people being ABLE TO AFFORD a season ticket. They have to pick and choose matches they can afford to attend.

Therefore if you can afford 5-6 games a season it makes sense NOT to go to Bolton, Crystal Palace, Naarwich, Soton etc but attend to see the more exciting games.

I suppose you will manage to put your spin on this but I believe it is a decent agrument.

Therefore if you can afford 5-6 games a season it makes sense NOT to go to Bolton, Crystal Palace, Naarwich, Soton etc but attend to see the more exciting games.

Thanks, I'm glad we agree. So people do pick the more glamorous games to watch, like I said. I didn't say why they do it, I just said they did.

No JPA, Quote:

so people

infers all people, look at other posters reasoning, its one of the reasons. Life isnt black and white, there are lots a=of shade s of grey

Bloody hell, do you want me to name the 6,000 people that choose the more glamorous games, individually?

I have a solution, next time we play manure stand next to a entrance at the Holte end and then ask every Villa fan "Are you here to watch Manchester play today ?" and see what happens.

Tell me which ward you are on in Good Hope when you get there and I am sure all on VT will get some money together for some flowers & lucosade, I suppose we can syphon some of the " Buy a player fund "

Where did I say it was the only reason?

Holidays and TV have quite a large effect as well - attendences just into the season while it is still the summer holidays are often lower, while attendences do tend to get larger as the season goes on, if there is something to play for.

But, in general, your big crowds come with derbies and big games.

Why would this be?

and there is also the economics and the general apathy / unhapiness with the club IMO.

i.e. as I said before there are lots of reasons not just one and it doesnt make you any less of a fan.

I had more fun the last few days trying to convince some German guys why they need to back up their data than this, and beleive me thats no fun at all

and there is also ... the general apathy / unhapiness with the club IMO.

But they'll only come back when Ellis goes, not when the Woolwich Globetrotters come in to town.

Anyway, German's are a barrel of laughs. Their clothes. Their funny little 'taches. Their mullets.

funny you should mention the hair styles (and no thats not a german referee) the guy I was talking to had the best mullet ever.

But the point I have been trying to make is that there are vrious reasons for fluctuations in the crowd, not one as JPA was trying to make out

Note: I think your 4000 was a fair comment BTW

What does anyone hope to gain from this thread ????

Nothing. Same as it ever was. Same as it ever will be.

I think ego's have been massaged

Hardly. JPA made a point that was exaggerated, but ultimately has more than a grain of truth in it.

Â