Is JPA right

mockingbird_franklin

Is JPA right, if going would it be to see Arsenal  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Is JPA right, if going would it be to see Arsenal

• Yes, i'm a villa fan but go to See the Opposition when it's one of the big boys
    • No, It's that's a load of hairy old bollocks dangling down to my kneed, I go to see Villa play

Blues - 41,329 Sunday lunchtime, T.V

Man Utd - 42,953 Monday night, T.V

Chelsea - 36,691 Saturday lunchtime T.V

And I suppose you can guarantee that no opposition supporters managed to get tickets for Villa sections?

Of course not!... We all know, well those of us that attend, away supporters in home sections is more of a problem against the 'bigger' teams.

And I suppose you can guarantee that no opposition supporters managed to get tickets for Villa sections?

Of course not!... We all know, well those of us that attend, away supporters in home sections is more of a problem against the 'bigger' teams.

I wondered why the Holte End was singing, Shit On The Villa, I see the Stretfrod End arising & There's only one Jose Mourinho, in the respective games.......!

Drat, I'm really bored. Can't I just go? I've got shopping to do. :) I think the opposition are the main reason that 2,000 - 10,000 fans go to games. You disagree, leave it at that.
Ellis want you to pick up some groceries again? just make sure you dont get lamb chops for his tea, you dont know which one of his fans it might be?

p.s. good to see you agreeing with me now and the apology for the personal abuse was much appreciated .......or it will be when I get it

I wondered why the Holte End was singing, Shit On The Villa, I see the Stretfrod End arising & There's only one Jose Mourinho, in the respective games.......!

Silly me!.... I thought there were 4 stands at Villa Park.... but what do I know?

.......so as not to disappoint.... 'The 40,000 are??????'.........

Last season the attendance against Arsenal was only 39000. This year it's sold out. That suggests it has more to with Villa getting higher attendance this year than the appeal of watching Arsenal.

funny that - how come you never disagree with JPA and 1982, you can tell us dont be sheepish

I have done. I will do again.

In this case, JPA has a point. And the main reason for the bigger crowds? The bigger team coming to play. Its not rocket science.

Way too long of a thread to read for a rather silly poll question.

I would go and watch any game involving Villa. My dad liked Villa too but it was always easier to persuade him to watch Arsenal over, say, Bolton.

Anybody going down on Wednesday to see Fulham?

Yes.

But I'm sure there must be some other reason apart from seeing the Villa, like wanting to see the bright lights of the capital, Craven Cottage's heritage, Chris Coleman's perme-tan etc...

FFS will you just grown up mockingbird? You're making yourself a laughing stock

am I? maybe another poll is in order, just because you're not concerned with who villa fans go to watch, doesn't mean others arn't. I think you'll find i'm not the only one to disagree and take issue with a ludicrous statement. I did question it, as i have already stated at the time it was made, JPA then still stood by it being true, I was curious as to how true, did he have an insight into villa fans psyche that i was lacking. If it was as he stated then surely the time for Aston Villa to pack up was upon us.

btw Richard, I'm not going to see fulham, I only go down to see the big boys, when they play us. I'll be at Villa Park on Saturday to see Liverpool reserves (IIRC)

btw there a big difference between being childish and taking the piss when someone deserves it.

OK, heres my two-pennys worth.

My old man is not a footie fan. At most he watches a few matches from the international tournaments (eg world cup). Recently (ie the past three years) he has become an admirer of Arsenal. He is adamant he is not an Arsenal fan, I doubt he name the whole squad (but he knows the main players). I took him to VP for his birthday a couple of years back to see Arse play (GT's reign and we drew), and he enjoyed it so much I get a ticket for him for the Arse every year, he is coming next week and I have had to relocate my seat elsewhere to where I usually sit.

There is a guy at work from India who is a huge Manure fan, he has been in this country probably 3 years. He has followed manure in India since the early 90's. Never been to mold trafford, so i got him a ticket to the manure game and he loved it, admitting that is 100x better than watching a game on tv.

Thats 2 examples, so its not all clear cut, and if you are coming to VP from abroad or even if you live a huge distance away in this country, would you rather spend money on travel etc to see Dean Ashton make his Norwich debut or Thierry Henry?

Â