Is JPA right

mockingbird_franklin

Is JPA right, if going would it be to see Arsenal  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Is JPA right, if going would it be to see Arsenal

• Yes, i'm a villa fan but go to See the Opposition when it's one of the big boys
    • No, It's that's a load of hairy old bollocks dangling down to my kneed, I go to see Villa play

BW - why does everyone think Im getting at JPA. OK I have pointed out the errors in his assumptions as have others, but surprisingly enough he's not the only one of this board who has views.

Hang on aren't you and he the same bloke anyway? :-)

Can't be bothered to argue. You all keep deliberately misconstruing what I said by constantly quoting the 40,000 people go to watch Arsenal...I didn't mean all 40,000, but why should that stop ya?

Hang on aren't you and he the same bloke anyway?

Where did I put that siamese twins/Brad Pitt picture? :)

Note to self: when losing an argument you dont actually beleive then say you cant be bothered to discuss any more............

JPA come on you have a chance here to say

1.) if you agree with me that there may well be other reasons

2.) you were wrong

What other reasons? These fans may only be able to afford 5 games a season, so they choose to see the best 5 teams. This is as much about watching the opposition as it is about Aston Villa.

No way am I wrong. Blackburn & Pompey....28,000. Man Utd & Arsenal....40,000. That is why I am not wrong.

38000 norwich

36500 Southampton

being wrong isnt a crime you know

by the way the gates for bburn and pompey were more like 34000 but hey ho dont let facts get in the way of trying to prove you are right, especially when you are not.

There is more than one reason for fluctuating gates - just admit it

That was the game where we gave Norwich extra tickets, so the attendance is distorted because of this. No?
yeah all those bloody pig farmers in the holte, it must have been difficult to park with thise tractors taking up Villa fans parking spots.

JPA - you mean they could have been ..... hang on .......... stop no it cant ...... yes they could have been Villa fans there wanting to see Villa? Hang on doesnt that go against what you are trying to prove? Ah well

Blues - 41,329 Sunday lunchtime, T.V

Man Utd - 42,953 Monday night, T.V

Chelsea - 36,691 Saturday lunchtime T.V

Norwich - 38,172 No T.V Saturday 3:00PM

Palace - 34,843 No T.V Saturday 3:00PM

Pompey - 32,663 T.V Saturday lunch

The top three were all played at none footballing hours really & were on T.V, yet on average were far higher. The other 3 were played at good hours, not on T.V, yet were on average lower.

I'm right.

BW - Yes we can - honestly - the only issue I have is that JPA cant see that there may well be other factors than the draw of top teams especially when we have got 34000 plus for blackburn etc He's tried valiantly to explain his point but failed.

JPA I think you will probably find that for the majority of clubs their top gates would be against, Man Ure, CHelsea, Arsenal and any local rivals they have. Now why people chose to attend these matches as opposed to other matches is, as I have said before (please read the comments as its becoming quite boring trying to educate you), is down to various reasons. Strange how only BW has agreed with you

(please read the comments as its becoming quite boring trying to educate you),

I'm so patronised, please stop. :roll:

Strange how only BW has agreed with you

That's because he's not one of the sheep, it's acceptable to argue with me, that's why so many people do it.

I DIDN'T SAY IT WAS THE ONLY REASON, JUST ONE OF THE REASONS. Is it so hard to comprehend? 'Tard.

baaa!

I think with the big teams, the main extra draw is the big team and the smaller factors, such as TV, time of day, time of year get swamped by 4,000 people whose idea of football is prawn sarnies and the 2 yearly Engerland thing.

Not fans

But in the stands

The trick would be getting a percentage of them to return for Blackburn or Portsmouth. But this ain't going to happen.

You also get a small amount of people who want to 'face' the big 'mobs'. I don't see the appeal. Eg vs Oxford a few years back - half the Oxford 'fans' there were locals up for a fight.

Couple of things JPA

'Tard? Hmmmm interesting one - personal abuse aint nice especially as you probably wouldnt want to say it directly to me now would you?

Secondly you said earlier

So people do pick the more glamorous games to watch, like I said.
which as I and others have said will always happen regardless of it being at Villa or not. By trying to use figures from previous seasons you've tried to say that extra fans who go to these matches are there just to see the opposition, which infers that they are not Villa fans - have I got this wrong? A few of us have said there are various reasons why gates fluctuate ranging from finance through to people picking and chosing matches etc. There is no one reason, there are various but bottom line is that the "floating fans" (thanks AL) are probably Villa fans - or am I wrong (again)

Â