The VT Musicians Thread

GarethRDR

What age would you start teaching a kid to play guitar?

My sisters nipper was massively interested in my guitar earlier (he's only 7) (sorry Donnie) and I would like to get him a little guitar that he could knock about and learn on but I don't know if his attention span would hold out and if he'd just get bored of it real quick

• 2 weeks later...

the legendary tommy bolin also played with him on spectrum if im not mistaken, was listening to some bolin earlier.

Every time I see this post I think:

w4-1397920914.jpg

i remember that useless clearing in the woods, my best mate as a kid was a big leeds fan and he idolised him.

Yeah, he had a Danelectro - although mine's the 12 string version. £325. I really wanted a Rickenbacker, but that would have added another thousand quid to the price.

Just recorded myself playing and singing, it was rather painful, the guitar was fine but I recon every time I opened my mouth there was a dying weasel screaming in my gut to be released...I have mad singing skillz so I blame it on the microphone on my laptop

nah moon man, I'm like the stooges, nothing but raw power, no fancy tricks to cover up how bad I actually am.

I actually enjoy the fact that I am a terrible singer because I sing pretty much all day every day at work, to me it sounds great but to everyone else I know it is absolutely horrible

i dont like singers, i prefer my frontman not to be able to sing great if you know what i mean. ozzy wernt a singer but he had a unique voice and my favourite voice ever especially in the 70s. i find frontmen who have great voices to be boring.

Crap voices didn't stop Dylan or Jansch.

I don't think either was crap, although they weren't 'conventionally good'. They were distinctive and quirky. Same with Neil Young.
  • Like 1

Â