The VT Musicians Thread

GarethRDR

I had to look Tommy Bolin up; I hadn't heard of him. But, yep, played on Spectrum as you said. Just out of interest, the bass player on that LP, Leland Sklar, is the geezer on the Phil Collins video of Sussudio (sp). Hate to mention Phil Collins but, sadly, he was a damn good drummer  !

Yer man Bolin also played with Alphonse Mouzon who I saw at the Odeon in New Street playing with Herbie Hancock. Was hoping it would have been Harvey Mason but Mouzon was a good substitute.

I have completely and utterly fell back in love with my 12 string acoustic, **** me I forgot how astoundingly beautiful she sounds.

Just sitting and strumming random chords is enough to really cheer me up

Edited by leemond2008
  • Like 1

If I drop another plectrum inside my guitar I am gunna go absolutely potty, I honestly don't know what is wrong with me but over the last few days my plectrum seem to literally be jumping into my guitar, I have lost my favorite plectrum so I recon that has something to do with it.

god its annoying, I can't believe that after all these years no one has came up with a simple way to retrieve a plectrum from the inside of a guitar without having to resort to flipping it and shaking and and basically making yourself look a bit of an idiot

I know what will happen. The blu-tack will fall off the pencil. You then have a plectrum and a lump of blu-tack loose inside the guitar.

I have a related problem. 

I noticed the tell-tale rattle inside my acoustic. So I turned it upside down and started shaking. Nothing. 

Eventually it dawned on me. The internal contact microphone has become detached, and is rattling around on its wire. 

So I need to re-fix it. Blu-tack? Glue? Gaffa tape?  

Either way, it will mean taking the (relatively new) strings off, so I can reach inside the soundhole. 

Bastardos. 

Edited by mjmooney

It's a careful balance Mike, we're talking about the construction of precision tools here.

Personal preference is a wooden kebab skewer, but not everyone has the correct instruments for a tricky job like this.

• Like 2

Is this a straw poll, or are you seeking advice?

Not so much advice, just swapping notes. I'm really enjoying the Zoom R24 but I feel I've barely scratched the surface of what it's capable of yet.

I've gotta stay at me mom n dads for the week tomorra whilst they are in holiday, I need to decide what to take with me, should it be my acoustic, 12 string acoustic or my banjo? or I could travel light and take my uke

Edited by leemond2008

Â