Time to heal old wounds.

Oaks

Since the 8-0 demolition by Chelsea we've only had 1 week where we've not had 2 games or an international break. "So what" i might here you ask. Well it dawned on me a few weeks ago watching Gary Neville on the Monday night football that he said "it was difficult to work on things in training when you were playing 2 games a week". He was talking about defending set pieces at the time and to why he preferred man to man over zonal, as zonal took more practice to work.  

Well the 8-0 battered the team of all poise and rational. Add that with injuries he's been pretty much been pissing up against the wind. Our last week off was before the West Brom game, since then on the whole the performances (bar Millwall and Newcastle first half) have improved. 

Well what am i trying to say...well i think these few weeks where i think we have only 1 game in a space of 18 days is a good chance to see if Lambert is indeed the manager we hope and can install some poise and rational that were beginning to show in the games just before the Chelsea game where we only conceded 3 goals in 6 games and started to look dangerous going forward too. 

Im not forgetting the mistakes Lambert has made, especially with formations, i always think if you start to struggle you should revert back to formations where everyone knows their jobs that's been his biggest mistake, that and some lousy substitutions, but i think the cup runs scuppered his chance to mold the team, it would have been worth it if there was a trip to Wembley to show for it, but ultimately might have damaged the team beyond all recognition. 

Sorry if this sounds like the ramblings of a drunken fool...  

In my opinion it is all to do with Lambert.I have'nt a clue what he is trying to prove ? We have the youngest squad in the Premier League and Lambert thinks we can finish midtable or win something with the squad we have ? The team Lambert puts out on the pitch is lacking experience and Lambert refuses to add any experience to it. FFS this is the Premier League,it is supposed to be the hardest,most skillful league in the world and Lambert is trying to stay in it with a team of inexperienced players ?! If it was that easy to play in the Premier League then it simply would not be the best league in the world would it ?

All Lambert and our club are doing is lowering the standard of the Premier League.

We have the youngest squad in the Premier League and Lambert thinks we can finish midtable or win something with the squad we have ? L.

Does he? Where has he said that?

He did not have to say it.

Just take a look at our starting lineup and count the experience in it and compare us to any other club in the Premier League for recent signings and $$$ spent. :D

We have the youngest squad in the Premier League and Lambert thinks we can finish midtable or win something with the squad we have ? L.

Just take a look at our starting lineup and count the experience in it and compare us to any other club in the Premier League for recent signings and $$$ spent. :D

so what makes you think that "lambert thinks we can finish midtable or win something with the squad we have" ? Does that make my question any clearer for you?
  • Like 1

Congratulations!  Here's your prize!

im_just_making_it_up_hat-p14805542877560

Since the 8-0 demolition by Chelsea we've only had 1 week where we've not had 2 games or an international break. "So what" i might here you ask. Well it dawned on me a few weeks ago watching Gary Neville on the Monday night football that he said "it was difficult to work on things in training when you were playing 2 games a week". He was talking about defending set pieces at the time and to why he preferred man to man over zonal, as zonal took more practice to work.  

Well the 8-0 battered the team of all poise and rational. Add that with injuries he's been pretty much been pissing up against the wind. Our last week off was before the West Brom game, since then on the whole the performances (bar Millwall and Newcastle first half) have improved. 

Well what am i trying to say...well i think these few weeks where i think we have only 1 game in a space of 18 days is a good chance to see if Lambert is indeed the manager we hope and can install some poise and rational that were beginning to show in the games just before the Chelsea game where we only conceded 3 goals in 6 games and started to look dangerous going forward too. 

Im not forgetting the mistakes Lambert has made, especially with formations, i always think if you start to struggle you should revert back to formations where everyone knows their jobs that's been his biggest mistake, that and some lousy substitutions, but i think the cup runs scuppered his chance to mold the team, it would have been worth it if there was a trip to Wembley to show for it, but ultimately might have damaged the team beyond all recognition. 

I hope you're right and I think this break can only be a good thing. I'm not too optimistic though as I've been waiting two-and-a-half years for this defensive frailty, particularly from set pieces, to be sorted out.

I hope you're right and I think this break can only be a good thing. I'm not too optimistic though as I've been waiting two-and-a-half years for this defensive frailty, particularly from set pieces, to be sorted out.

I think its called buying the right type of players who can do the job.